Author Topic: Marvel Legends Haslab - Galactus  (Read 2666 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends Haslab - Galactus
« on: July 16, 2021, 10:25 AM »
Check out the reveal of the next Marvel Legends Haslab campaign - Galactus!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRZAmT6t5kl/?utm_medium=copy_link
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Legends Haslab - Galactus
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 02:04 AM »
Looks amazing, but I’m almost more curious what the sweeteners could be for this thing. Terrax? Another herald?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 08:37 AM »
The campaign goal is 14,000.  At $399 per figure it's pretty steep, so the sweeteners had better be pretty good.  Galactus looks really impressive - the hands alone are pretty amazing, and I think each hand has 20 POA.

Right now they're at 10,000 backers with a month to go.  I think they're going to hit the mark, but this doesn't look like the kind of runaway that the Sentinel was.  The goal of 14,000 seems like it's been influenced by the Sentinel campaign - that goal was 6,000 and it wound up topping out at over 21,000.  I think a goal of 10,000 or 12,000 might have been more achievable, and then Hasbro could start playing around with stretch goals in order to drive interest.  But from what I've seen it took a while for this campaign to get from 9,000 to 10,000 backers.  Stretch goals of the various heralds of Galactus seem likely.  A Silver Surfer would be the most obvious choice.  Terrax is another.  But the only other one that I can think of would be Firelord.  After that I really have to start doing research.

I'm curious about how this is going to unfold.  Because even though both the Sentinel and Galactus are big, the nature of the characters is very different.  The Sentinel has always had an army building appeal, so that's a big difference from the get-go.  And there are collectors who actually expressed an interest in having more than one Sentinel for that very purpose. 

Will people buy more than one Galactus with the express intention of flipping it?  Probably.  The Sail Barge is fetching close to $2K (about 4 times the original price).  Unicron sells for around $1400 (close to 3 times the original purchase price).  People are already trying to sell their extra Razor Crests for at least double the original price.  It's as if people are fine with tying up even more pre-order money because they think that flipping the extras will not only pay for themselves, but also the one that you're going to keep.

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 10:39 AM »
I’m kind of tempted, although I don’t know where I’d put it. I passed on the Sentinel, as cool as it looks, because I had already backed big ticket stuff like the barge and Crest….and I have the two previous ones they had done. At this point it feels like I buy more Marvel than Star Wars, and Galactus would be a great centerpiece to that collection. I do have the previous version, which is nice as well, but not as grand as this new one. I’ll have to see.

I do think it will reach its goal, and there are already teases for Frankie Raye Nova and Surfer as stretch goals, so that will help the numbers as well. It was a lofty goal though.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 03:50 PM »
So I guess they are stretch goals now, not sweeteners, so they won’t show any of that stuff off until they hit 14k backers. Agree that was a lofty goal, and it has been slow moving lately.

I think I’m in but no idea where I’m going to get that money from up front. When I backed the barge I used PayPal and had six months to pay it off, which was easy. But I don’t think they offer that option anymore.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 6, 2021, 10:59 AM »
Not going to get this one, but it sure looks cool.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 12:45 PM »
I don't collect Marvel Legends, but wow do their recent Haslab projects look impressive!  The Sentinel looked cool and this Galactus is absolutely amazing!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2021, 04:24 PM »
The campaign broke through the 14k goal, and has already powered through the 16k threshold for Frankie Raye.  The next goal is 17k to unlock the Silver Surfer.  A little over 650 more backers to go to that, and there’s still over 4 days left to go. 

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2021, 04:47 PM »
They got to 16,000 really quick!  They must have opened up some more international orders.  They should make the 17k goal to get the surfer.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2021, 03:00 PM »
Currently at 19211 backers, including me.  ;D

It cost a pretty penny, but I know I’ll be happy when it arrives. Especially with 3 new 6” figures to go with it. (Assuming they hit 20k) and an all new Morg at that. That really surprised me, but I love it.

We need a multipack of the other heralds now for sure.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2021, 03:20 PM »
They blew through 20k and they set a new stretch goal for 22k. That’s an alternate head for Galactus - that of Doctor Doom.  The total stands at 21k with over 24 hours to go. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 07:12 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2021, 10:21 AM »
Amazing how much this exploded at the end.  13 hours left and they're at 23,920 backers.

This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2021, 10:16 PM »
Amazing how much this exploded at the end.  13 hours left and they're at 23,920 backers.

You said it, over 28,000 now with time to go still…

That’s double their original goal, pretty impressive late pop.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2021, 09:19 AM »
I wonder if the Sail Barge caused people to buy multiples for the sole purpose of reselling?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2021, 09:57 AM »
I think you're getting people buying multiples to resell, a subset of that are buying multiples to display with the different faceplates.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who purchased the Razor Crest with the express purpose to sell later.
This is the way.

I have spoken.