Author Topic: 2022 Droid Factory - Mystery Crate - Blind Buy Droids  (Read 6662 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
2022 Droid Factory - Mystery Crate - Blind Buy Droids
« on: December 27, 2021, 01:08 AM »
Photos on Yak Face’s IG.  They’ve shown five so far…

Yay. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 Droid Factory - Mystery Crate - Blind Buy Droids
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 09:30 AM »
I like these, but then the question is how the hell will anyone be able to get them?  It seems overly optimistic to think that they might turn up at Target like the droids that were released last year.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2021, 10:35 AM »
There are six confirmed so far, and they are all designs that are visible in the Droid Depot shop at Galaxy's Edge. those six droids are:

C1-4B - a blue & white version of Chopper with some red highlights
G4-S8 - a white & green R4 droid
B5-SL - a white & blue BB unit, looks to be the same sculpt as BB-8
JB-9 - a yellow and gray BB unit, looks to be the same sculpt as the First Order BB-9E
CH-83 - a white & yellow BB unit, also looks to be the same sculpt as BB-8
S3-R9 - a gray R2 unit

There is a lot of similarity in these offerings to the wind-up offerings that are also available from the Droid Depot, so there is potentially a seventh droid, which is:

M5-K7 - a white & yellow w/silver & yellow dome R2 unit

There are a total of 10 droids that can be seen throughout the shop, in addition to those seven, there are also two more BB designs (one maroon and another that's a brownish color) and another R4 design that is mostly white with striping/color highlights on the dome and legs.

Hopefully for sanity's sake there are only six blind-boxed figures though.

They are $14.99 each, which is $2 more than the individually carded figures. Someone really needs to tell Disney, that the cost for blind-bagged/boxed should be LOWER, not higher than being able to buy an item that you actually know what it is.  >:(
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2021, 11:21 AM »

They are $14.99 each, which is $2 more than the individually carded figures. Someone really needs to tell Disney, that the cost for blind-bagged/boxed should be LOWER, not higher than being able to buy an item that you actually know what it is.  >:(

The conspiracy theorist in me says that can only mean one thing...individually carded droid prices are going up significantly.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2021, 11:24 AM »
$14.99 for blind buy droids is as insane as $27 for Boba Fett with a pair of empty stormtrooper helmets.

We’re screwed.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2021, 11:32 AM »
The conspiracy theorist in me says that can only mean one thing...individually carded droid prices are going up significantly.

Exactly - but unfortunately, nothing individually carded will come close to the outstanding 4-LOM they offered a year ago and that was only $12.99.

New paint applications on existing molds that have been around for five years or longer (this coming April will mark the 5th anniversary of SWCO in 2017 where they debuted the build-a-droid BB-8 & Chopper) - should mean that the cost of the figures stays consistent, not goes up.

The $2 mark-up on these is for the plastic "crates" with bases that can be connected to each other for a multi-droid display, I could have completely done w/o that "feature".
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2021, 12:36 PM »
Four of the 6 will likely be distinguishable by weight. The two BB-8-type droids will be a toss-up. Who will be the first to bring in a small digital scale?  :)

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2021, 01:59 PM »
I like the droids but I'll take three repaint clones with 1:1 odds over six droids with 1:6 odds.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2021, 11:26 PM »
Four of the 6 will likely be distinguishable by weight. The two BB-8-type droids will be a toss-up. Who will be the first to bring in a small digital scale?  :)

There are actually three BB units - and those would be the heavier ones due to the weighted ball that gives the Disney BB units the weeble-wobble type behavior.

Peter

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2022, 01:57 PM »
These are making their way onto the secondary market a bit more.  It would be nice if they would turn up on the Shop Disney app at retail price. 

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2022, 05:00 PM »
These are making their way onto the secondary market a bit more.  It would be nice if they would turn up on the Shop Disney app at retail price.

Yeah, for like $300 to $350 for a set of 6 as of a couple of days ago... total nonsense.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2022, 09:06 PM »
I scored two of them this morning for $60.  Not ideal, but I’m not optimistic about Disney offering these online. 

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2022, 01:54 AM »
Friend is sending me 4… I’ll be missing the two that appear to be the more difficult to find but I think he’ll get me covered.  Love the boxes haha.  I’m easily entertained by background boxes I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2022, 09:26 AM »
I scored two of them this morning for $60.  Not ideal, but I’m not optimistic about Disney offering these online.

How much are they if you buy them at the park?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2022, 09:45 AM »
They retail for $14.95 each.

Feedback