Author Topic: 2022 Droid Factory SK-620 (Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser)  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2022 Droid Factory SK-620 (Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser)
« on: February 25, 2022, 11:04 AM »
Well, here's another droid that you are going to have to ridiculously over-pay for - a droid exclusive to the new Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser hotel/experience shop.

Details at JediNewsUK

« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 11:06 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 Droid Factory SK-620 (Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 01:37 PM »
The phrase-of-the-day:  f*** me dead.

The droid looks great. Yay!

Exclusive to a a site that is not getting much action? Head-banging-wall frustrating.

If the shop is open only to hotel guests, there will be very few units hitting eBay, driving prices up like mad. 

Hope this floods the gray market or it gets released at shopdisney.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 01:52 PM »
Will this sell for more or less than the total cost of all 6 Mystery Crate Droids?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 02:49 PM »
Starting bid?  $5K!!!!

After all, those sellers have to cover their hotel costs.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2022, 06:36 PM »
Will this sell for more or less than the total cost of all 6 Mystery Crate Droids?

It's times like this I really don't envy Rob's collecting style... The figure looks great but the markup is going absolutely to be NUTS if it is only in the [incredibly overpriced] hotel's shop.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2022, 07:34 PM »
Mercifully, I’m probably going to be able to get this one at retail pricing through a friend who’s going in a week. Fingers crossed. 

But yeah, sometimes it gets downright stupid.  I’ll be very curious to see how this one unfolds.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 07:35 PM by Rob »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2022, 08:19 PM »
Mercifully, I’m probably going to be able to get this one at retail pricing through a friend who’s going in a week. Fingers crossed. 

Are they already out?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2022, 10:09 PM »
I’ve got a connection that’s going to try helping.  It will definitely be great if they can do that.  But I also know that trip is costing a small fortune. 

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2022, 11:17 PM »

Are they already out?

That’s what I’m told, but I can’t say for sure.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2022, 11:18 PM »

Are they already out?

Yes.

From RS

https://youtu.be/X-mBDrK9pqE?t=692

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2022, 09:23 PM »
These seem to be coming down - I'm watching several auctions right now where they are in the $50 - $70 range. I already acquired one MOMC specimen for my Droid Factory collection for a little over $100 - which was fine with me since I have no intention of going on the Starcruiser anytime soon - considering the alternative is $5k AND buy the item and get it home, what I paid was a bargain.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2022, 12:11 PM »
A friend of mine took his family for a stay at the Galactic Starcruiser.  He very generously got an SK-620 for me, and I'm expecting to receive it soon.

The short version?  Disney is limiting the quantities of merchandise that you can purchase at the Galactic Starcruiser.  Including SK-620.

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2022, 03:55 PM »
The short version?  Disney is limiting the quantities of merchandise that you can purchase at the Galactic Starcruiser.  Including SK-620.

Yes, apparently it's 2 per person, at least for the Droid Factory version of SK-620 - the seller I bought it from had eight for sale, so either he found a "loop-hole" or he went with his family of four and used that to get the eight.

Honestly, it's not going to be the same person running the gift shop the entire trip - I'm sure if you hit the gift shop first thing when you board and then hit it again before leaving on the morning of the third day, I'm sure you'd be able to double-up.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2022, 08:00 PM »
It’s probably being tracked with the Magic Bands that each guest in the resort wears.  You use them for park entry, paying for meals and at the various gift shops, too.  Since Galactic Starcruiser is so immersive you can probably only pay for things in that gift shop with the Magic Band.  And since Disney wants to keep the experience so exclusive I can understand why they would impose the limits. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 08:05 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2022, 11:42 AM »
It’s probably being tracked with the Magic Bands that each guest in the resort wears.  You use them for park entry, paying for meals and at the various gift shops, too.  Since Galactic Starcruiser is so immersive you can probably only pay for things in that gift shop with the Magic Band.  And since Disney wants to keep the experience so exclusive I can understand why they would impose the limits.

I don't think they can force you to pay with the magic bands.  In fact when you check in you have the option to link them to a card or just have them work for sign in's and room keys.  You could probably pay by card for one purchase then pay again with the bands to break things up.  I don't know that anyone there is going to turn you away unless they recognize you or see that you're stockpiling.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today