Author Topic: 2022 Droid Factory SK-620 (Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser)  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 Droid Factory SK-620 (Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser)
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2022, 12:12 PM »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2022, 12:55 PM »
It’s probably being tracked with the Magic Bands that each guest in the resort wears.  You use them for park entry, paying for meals and at the various gift shops, too.  Since Galactic Starcruiser is so immersive you can probably only pay for things in that gift shop with the Magic Band.  And since Disney wants to keep the experience so exclusive I can understand why they would impose the limits.

While the magic bands are very popular in Disney World, they aren't mandatory by any means.  We were in Hollywood Studios for ne day back in October and we didn't need magic bands for anything.

That being said, I'm sure they are limiting the sale of these items on the Galactic Starcruiser.  If I were to pay $6,000+ to take my family there, they better be fully stocked!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2022, 02:04 PM »
Everything I've read about the MagicBands at Galactic Starcruiser indicates that they're an important part of the immersive / interactive experience.  Every guest is issued a MagicBand that's exclusive to the Galactic Starcruiser resort.  And that might also include tracking your merchandise purchases.  That's one way for them to track your cabin number when you make a purchase in the resort store.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 02:33 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2022, 03:13 PM »
Cool info Nick...I hadn't heard that.  Since I'm not planning a trip to the Halcyon anytime soon, I hadn't really seen any of this.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2022, 04:44 PM »
Even if you end up with a limit I bet you could talk a few other visitors into buying some extra for you in exchange for cash.  I'd bet half the people going don't buy the droid.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2022, 06:52 PM »
Everything I've read about the MagicBands at Galactic Starcruiser indicates that they're an important part of the immersive / interactive experience.  Every guest is issued a MagicBand that's exclusive to the Galactic Starcruiser resort.  And that might also include tracking your merchandise purchases.  That's one way for them to track your cabin number when you make a purchase in the resort store.

Excellent points.

I'm sure that is the ONLY way to make purchases from the gift shop and getting the alcoholic beverages (which aren't included) - as far as immersion goes, they don't want anyone taking out a wallet in the middle of the cruise.

They probably have you link your credit card ahead of time and if there is an option to specifically NOT link a credit card, they probably tell/warn you that "you won't be able to get alcoholic beverages and you won't be able to make purchases at the gift shop". Midway through the cruise if you change your mind, they will be more than happy to help you link up a card. Disney loves taking your $$$.

I'm sure it's the same reason why they are giving you iPhones to use as your Datapad instead of letting you use your own personal phone - because once personal phones come out, photography and video recording can't be controlled and apparently that's something else you agree to while on the cruise - no photography.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2023, 09:55 AM »
Just picked this guy up on eBay for $50 shipped.  I'm still hoping D3-09 gets dumped in volume somewhere so I can get him for a reasonable price.