Author Topic: 2023 Kenner Retro Collection - ANH Collectible 6-Pack #2  (Read 423 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 Kenner Retro Collection - ANH Collectible 6-Pack #2
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2022, 01:56 PM »
Not many nice Kenner era figures can be had for $15 these days.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2022, 02:11 PM »

I definitely think this is aimed more at carded collectors than loose collectors.  They really haven't hit of those really HTF vintage figures yet.

You're definitely right in that assessment. These releases are aimed at carded collectors first and foremost. I have 5% or so of my collection on card, and that is mostly because of lack of inertia when I got the figure, so I tend to lose sight of the carded collector.

Not many nice Kenner era figures can be had for $15 these days.

I must be blessed, there is a vintage toy store near me that has an 4-foot tall R2-D2 cooler full of loose Star Wars figures for sale that I regularly dig through. Lots of modern, but lots of vintage too. Last year I wanted to get the Kenner bounty hunters again so I dug through and scored 4 of 6 all looking really good. I have always had really good luck there, and have rarely needed to look elsewhere when I get an itch for a specific loose Kenner figure.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2022, 02:39 PM »
Itís less the figures than the accessories.  There are so many fakes now that the real ones have big value.  There are finished eBay auctions for the black A-Wing pilotís blaster that are finishing at $300 to $350.  Regular common ones that are authentic are getting $25Ö $35Ö even more.

Itís bananas.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2022, 03:25 PM »
Itís less the figures than the accessories.  There are so many fakes now that the real ones have big value.  There are finished eBay auctions for the black A-Wing pilotís blaster that are finishing at $300 to $350.  Regular common ones that are authentic are getting $25Ö $35Ö even more.

Itís bananas.

Oh the accessories, yes. Last year I needed a Bespin Gown Leia to do a photo shoot of the Dining Room Playset I built, and the same store wanted $80 for the loose complete figure (I needed a nice cape, could've cared less about the gun) they had in stock. When I choked on that, they explained it was $65 for the gun alone, and they wouldn't break up the set.