Author Topic: 3rd Party Kenner Retro-Style Toys  (Read 9000 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Party Kenner Retro-Style Toys
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2022, 07:48 PM »
Oh awesome.  I’ll shoot them an email about those two.   

The Stan Solo Bantha got here today.  It’s rad.  Very heavy, it’s not hollow.  I wasn’t expecting that. I’ll get a photo or two up here tomorrow or the next day.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2022, 05:43 PM »
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 05:43 PM by Rob »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2022, 10:40 AM »
Glad you got it Rob!  That thing is incredible!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2022, 04:10 PM »
Yeah. I love it.

I wonder if I’ll ever get that TFSB version.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2023, 01:48 PM »
Hey Rob, thought you might be interested to know that NeMA Studios is producing a custom Gorax figure from the Ewok TV Special. It’s supposed to go up for sale tonight or tomorrow I think. No info on their website yet, I just saw a Facebook post about it.

The thing looks rad though, probably right up your alley. I am planning to get one too if the price isn’t too high.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2023, 05:54 PM »
Oh cool, I'll keep an eye out.  I'm not familiar with them but I'm definitely curious to see it.

I'm waiting for them to get here, but I ordered Paploo and Weechee from ProCustomFigures recently.

https://procustomfigures-online-store.ecwid.com/Paploo-p429756691
https://procustomfigures-online-store.ecwid.com/Weechee-p429788008

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2023, 11:36 AM »
There are a handful of Stan Solo droids that seem to have totally come and gone before I discovered this stuff... One of them is K-3PO and one finally popped up on eBay, it's at $101 with over a day left and 35 people are watching it.  I bet it gets $200+

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2023, 10:29 AM »
I was tempted but the price tag was 85 pounds, which feels a little high to me. Those Ewoks look amazing though!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2023, 10:43 AM »
The Gorax?  Yeah.  I don’t mind the price tag too much, but something about it feels like it doesn’t fit the Kenner stuff.  It’s built like a He-Man figure or something.  It’s also way undersized compared to what it would need to be to work with regular figures.  I’m going to pass.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 10:45 AM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2023, 10:11 PM »
A Stan Solo R3-M3 popped up the other day and sold for $150 or so.  I regretted not bidding and set a search, and another one popped up yesterday.  It ended today and apparently everyone else wished they'd bid yesterday too because it just sold for $273.   :o

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 1, 2023, 06:13 AM »
If you follow his FB page, he is not that pleased with people reselling his stuff.  Many of his droids are now at low inventory as well.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 1, 2023, 09:38 AM »
I don’t follow the FB page, I don’t use FB.  I do still have Instagram and follow him there but haven’t seen him saying anything.

What’s he expect though? He’s got a following, the stuff is collectible, the older ones are somewhat rare and sold out.  The only way to prevent that would be to restock and keep things available, which also probably isn’t practical for him. 

I want an R3-M3 and an R2-Q5 and I don’t expect to ever get one other than finding a reseller and paying a lot more than $40 each.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 1, 2023, 10:41 AM »
I could see him grumpy about people flipping new stuff that he is slowly making but still in production, but he shouldn't have any qualms about people selling old stuff he isn't going to restart production on.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 2, 2023, 06:55 AM »
Some of it is legit.  One instance was a guy who said his Bantha box showed up damaged, he then sent the guy a new box, and then the guy put the "damaged" box up for auction at a crazy price.  As for his sold out figures, he says they no longer have the molds for them so they can't restock.  Also stated that items like the protocol droids sat there for a long time and only went crazy once they sold out.  His said his purpose for doing this was to make these items affordable for the collector and he doesn't like seeing them selling for 5x the cost.  There is also a lot of animosity towards Smith Lord Creations/The Fans Strike Back.  Supposedly they put up some disclaimer that has since been removed that all their presale items were essentially crowdfunding projects and there was no guarantee of products.  I'm not sure how much that really holds water considering the items I have ordered included receipts with shipping totals.  Granted I think any one of us who has ordered from him has seen very slow shipping.  From them I have received the black R2/Stormtooper set, the 3 Boba Fett set, Slave Leia, and the first 2 of the 13 wave (Thrawn and Han ST).  I'm still waiting on the other 11 plus the Bantha.  So if it is a scam like some have been saying, it is only a partial scam which I could dispute with my credit card company or with paypal.

As for Stan Solo, my girlfriend got me a couple of droids for Christmas.  I just ordered a few figures and the vehicle he put out and those are already shipping.  I'm just hoping to finally get the other stuff from Smithlord at this point.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 2, 2023, 03:43 PM »
Someone over at Rebelscum mentioned that there are talks about recreating those lost Astromech molds...  regardless, after seeing what they're selling for once they're gone, I just panic-bought the ones that are available that I hadn't bought yet.  I'm not going to wait anymore, I'm just going to get stuff nice and early.

Just ordered Yavin Threepio, B0-B4, R5-M2, and R2-X2.

As far as I know the main stuff I'm missing that I want to get is R2-Q5 and R3-M3... if it ever happens.

R-3PO and K-3PO got here today...

As did the Weechee and Paploo from Mark Poon: