Author Topic: Target 2023 Retro Collection Multi-Color Snowspeeder Luke  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Pre-order 6/1 @ 1pm ET at Target

(more press pics from today can be found here)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: Target 2023 Retro Collection Multi-Color Snowspeeder Luke
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 09:07 AM »
I think I’m officially done with these multi colored retro repaints.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 09:58 AM »
Good god they’re accelerating these.  Like, one a year or something for ****’s sake.  They haven’t even shipped the Chewbaccas…

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2022, 10:38 AM »
Keep em coming. I have only bought them because I enjoy the idea. Hasbro still hasn't found my incriminating photos yet.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 1, 2022, 04:55 PM »
Did anyone try to order more than 2 of these?  I'm probably jinxing it, but I put in two orders for 2 each and didn't get the immediate cancelation notice on the second one that I usually do.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 2, 2022, 04:08 PM »
Still available over a day later.  I wonder if these are being made to order… or if people just aren’t buying them like they used to…

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 3, 2022, 06:29 AM »
I was surprised I was able to order an hour late.  Had my browser open at 12:45 and then got sidetracked with work and forgot until about 2 pm and they were still there.  I think fatigue might be setting in.  Also, this really was an odd choice for the prototype treatment.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 3, 2022, 07:17 AM »
I think Ed nailed it. I get people are getting tired of this gimmick and not using a classic vintage mold is very odd.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 3, 2022, 10:03 AM »
We’ll being as I’ve got this 27 years of one-of-everything that I’m stubbornly going with, I’m relying on everyone else’s fatigue to put an end to this nonsense. 

So yeah, do as I say not as I do, pretty please.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 6, 2022, 07:51 AM »
I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to order this one hour after release.  That part I don't mind.  Ever since I started selling off my collection, things have been much easier being very selective.  Only things I keep up with are Hallmark ornaments and the books and comics.  I have been looking at vintage stuff, but have held myself back for the most part.  This line is the only thing I'm collecting, so the completionism bug makes me get a figure like this one that I would probably normally pass on.  I do like that they branched out to the Mandalorian and Kenobi.

A bit off topic, but I wonder why they haven't touched ROTJ yet.  I can't remember if there was a ROTJ board game like the other two that we got, but I keep wondering what they would do for wave in general and for the "never produced figure" like the Tarkin and Luke pack-ins we got.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 6, 2022, 10:08 AM »
A bit off topic, but I wonder why they haven't touched ROTJ yet.  I can't remember if there was a ROTJ board game like the other two that we got, but I keep wondering what they would do for wave in general and for the "never produced figure" like the Tarkin and Luke pack-ins we got.

The general theory is they have been holding off on an ROTJ wave until the 40th anniversary in 2023.

I have liked the new media waves as well, though I question slightly why we are getting a Kenobi show Ben before the 1978 Ben is rereleased. I am down for stuff from any shows they want to do, as well as Prequels, Sequels, Rogue One, and Solo.

And I would also like it if alongside the waves we are getting they were doing smart repacks alongside, like Biker Scouts, Jawas, and Jedi Luke to coincide with the Mandalorian stuff. But that's me thinking this is supposed to be an actual toy line to play with I guess.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 7, 2022, 06:53 AM »
2023 makes sense if that is Hasbro's plan.  I have a feeling this line may run it's course in short order, especially if it gets hit with the "no plastic packaging" thing.  There is no way you can continue the line without the figure bubble.

I don't mind them skipping the original Kenobi for the new one.  I don't think the line would run long enough to cover every figure that was released.  I'm fine if they release only one wave from each of the OT movies.

Here are my guesses for ROTJ wave of six:  Jedi Luke, Either Boushh or Endor Leia, Endor Han, Biker Scout, an Ewok (probably Wicket), Bib Fortuna.  I could also see either Skiff Lando or General Lando.  I would think the first three are pretty solid based on the other waves.  As for the "game" pack-in figure, my first guess would be a removable helmet Vader.

Anyone see a picture of what I would say is a rumored SDCC exclusive at this point?  I saw someone post a Jabba's throne from the Book of Boba Fett.  Not sure if it was real or not.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: June 7, 2022, 09:00 AM »
I saw someone post a Jabba's throne from the Book of Boba Fett.  Not sure if it was real or not.

Was it just this - Hasbro Pulse 2023 TBOBF Throne Room Playset?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 8, 2022, 06:11 AM »
Not that one.  It was vintage style and smaller and had the vintage style Fett from the Mando wave in the picture.  Saw in on FB somewhere so didn't know if someone had just mocked up a picture or not.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 8, 2022, 09:43 AM »
Still available a week later??  Either they ordered a lot more or are doing an open preorder window and getting enough made to fill the demand.