Author Topic: RIP Friends  (Read 2841 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: RIP Friends
« Reply #15 on: May 6, 2004, 03:49 PM »
Eh, I'll be watching Star Trek: DS9  or TNG reruns...  

Friends take you out to hooters, they don't make your life melodramatic.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 6, 2004, 05:23 PM »
I must not have any friends then. :-[

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: May 7, 2004, 02:41 AM »
We were religious watchers the first half of the show's run, and just casual watchers from time to time over the past 5 years or so.  Funny thing is that I was taping tonight's show, since Patty wouldn't be back 'til around 10.  I initially had the tape going on NBC, but half way through the episode I changed the channel to HBO so I couldn't hear any "spoilers" in the background while the show was taping.

Unfortunately, I totally brainfarted and forgot to flip the TV/VCR switch, so the tape just kept recording Matrix Reloaded, which is the channel I had flipped to.  I had no idea, until Patty and I were halfway through the Friend's finale, when all of the sudden it just cut to Matrix.  Uh-oh.  Got some very dirty looks at that point.   :-[

So we saw the first half, and missed the rest unfortunately.  I did catch the clip on the NBC news later on when Rachel tells Ross "I got off the plane".  Guess that was all I really needed to see.

While I won't miss the show desparately, or anything like that, it's always kinda sad to see something that's been around for so long just up and end.  Guess it was kinda like a security blanket that was always still nearby if you needed it...   :P  There's always syndication though.

Hopefully this will allow Jennifer Aniston some time to focus on putting together a real nice Playboy spread.   8)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 7, 2004, 09:32 AM »
A review from the Sun paper up here didn't like the final episode.

Friend-off fizzles!

It was called The Last One, but it should have been called The One That Really Sucked. Friends petered out last night with the lamest finale since the 4077th pulled out of M*A*S*H.

It was like the show was stuck in second gear, and watching it took a day, a week, a month or even a year.

There's one last slow pan around the empty apartment, like that tedious trip around the starship Enterprise in the horribly bloated first Star Trek movie.

Heh, obviously didn't like Star Trek The Motion Sickness ethier!  :D