Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 127328 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Bust Ups!
« Reply #675 on: January 20, 2006, 10:16 AM »
...Bust-up of either the rare clear brown Chewbacca Bust-Up variant (pictured to the left) or the Bust-Ups Micro-Bust of Yoda.

I'm going to spend $35 to maybe get a Chewie?  Uh, no thanks. ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #676 on: January 20, 2006, 03:15 PM »
I may have already asked this, or missed the info on it, but did the Vader Bust-up from the Hoth wave ever come in that flaming base, as we saw at C3 and Comic Con?  Or did that one get the axe altogether?

Prediction:  This "Fire" Vader Bust-up may still be coming...

I just received my set of 6 "Ice" chases from Gentle Giant today (along with the Salacious bust), and the 6 Ice Bust-ups come in one of those exclusively designed boxes with "ICE" in big letters on the sides.  Considering this appears to be very similar to the Stormtrooper and Clonetrooper box set packages (which contained the Blackhole Stormie and Gree chases), it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see that "Fire" Vader show up as an extremely rare chase piece within this ICE package.

Hopefully I'm wrong here, and we don't have yet another impossible chase to track down...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 03:16 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 20, 2006, 04:43 PM »
Oh.  No. 

I really hope you're wrong here Matt.  I don't need that kind of stress.  I do like the fire version. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 20, 2006, 06:31 PM »
 :'(  Matt, I have a feeling you're exactly right. 

That fire Vader was very cool looking and would fit two of my needs - Bust-Ups and Vader focus.  I hope this thing doesn't end up being that hard to find.  :-\

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #679 on: January 20, 2006, 06:53 PM »
Mine is supposedly on the way...and I'm sure tons of people ordered these Ice bust ups.  If there's a fire version out there, I'm sure we'll hear about it soon.
Got Clones?

Offline bluesnaggletooth1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 20, 2006, 08:22 PM »
I ordered two crappy "Ice" sets by accident, so if there is a flame variant, I'd better get one!!!

-Snags

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 20, 2006, 08:25 PM »
Since no one here in town seemed to be carrying these, I placed an order through BBTS for a set of 6 from the Hoth wave (not the ice versions).  I received them today, and I really like the wave overall.  Nicely done.  One question though, has anyone every been missing anything from a bust up before?  My Hoth Luke didn't come with his lightsaber blade.  The cardboard "flap" in there that the weapons come in is there, but no blade.  I was wondering if I would be able to contact Gentle Giant to get a replacement or something, or if I was just out of luck.  Still, nice wave overall, glad to have it.  I'm still debating on the ice variants.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 20, 2006, 09:44 PM »
I'm still debating on the ice variants.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of them.  The detailing, including both paint and sculpt, is totally lost when you have these ice/holo/amber/glow-in-the-dark versions.  They're simply not nearly as interesting to look at.

That was the logic in me speaking.  When it comes to needing to have all of a series, than my logic goes out the window and I still want the ice ones.  I think.  :-X

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 20, 2006, 11:26 PM »
I'm still debating on the ice variants.

Yeah, I'm kinda iffy on them myself. Of course, that didn't stop me from ordering a set from GG, just in case. Now my collection is complete still isn't complete because of stupid things like super rare ultra chase bust-ups like Blackhole Stormtroopers and Commander Gree.

Don't these companies realize that chase figures are going to kill the fun of buying these things? It pretty much ruined the sportscard business, and the comic business... I guess they won't be satisfied 'till they take it all down.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 21, 2006, 12:12 AM »
My Hoth Luke didn't come with his lightsaber blade.  The cardboard "flap" in there that the weapons come in is there, but no blade.  I was wondering if I would be able to contact Gentle Giant to get a replacement or something, or if I was just out of luck. 

Just contact GG's customer service and they should be able to help you out. 

As far as the flame Vader goes, I sure hope not.  But then again it's something GG will probably do.

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 21, 2006, 01:12 AM »
My Hoth Luke didn't come with his lightsaber blade.  The cardboard "flap" in there that the weapons come in is there, but no blade.  I was wondering if I would be able to contact Gentle Giant to get a replacement or something, or if I was just out of luck. 

Just contact GG's customer service and they should be able to help you out. 

As far as the flame Vader goes, I sure hope not.  But then again it's something GG will probably do.

Got two Ice Bust-Ups 6-packs today and there was no Flame Vader to be found. I'm pretty sure that it's just a rumor.

Snags

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 21, 2006, 01:18 AM »

Got two Ice Bust-Ups 6-packs today and there was no Flame Vader to be found. I'm pretty sure that it's just a rumor.

Snags

Oh, it definitely is rumour, and purely speculation on our part.  Sometimes it's just natural to assume the worst.  ;)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 21, 2006, 09:11 AM »

I bought about 12 of the Stomtrooper 3-packs and didn't find a single Blackhole Stormtrooper... maybe that's just a rumor too. And I bought 6 of the Clone 4-packs and don't have a Gree. I hope that's just a rumor too.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 21, 2006, 01:39 PM »
I ordered two crappy "Ice" sets by accident, so if there is a flame variant, I'd better get one!!!

-Snags

Id be willing to buy that extra set off of you if you don't need/want it.
I remember my dream now.

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 21, 2006, 08:36 PM »

-Snags

Id be willing to buy that extra set off of you if you don't need/want it.

MJ,

That might be doable. There is one other guy (who lives here in Burbank) who said he wants it, but he wasn't 100% sure. I'll find out and let you know early next week (Mon-Tues).

I bought about 12 of the Stomtrooper 3-packs and didn't find a single Blackhole Stormtrooper... maybe that's just a rumor too. And I bought 6 of the Clone 4-packs and don't have a Gree. I hope that's just a rumor too.

I was just adding my own experience to the evidence that it doesn't exist. No harm, no foul.

Snags