Collectibles > Disney Parks Droid Factory

Disney Exclusive Build-A-Droid Factory

<< < (89/89)

Jeff:
Phruby, no one can see the pictures you post from forums.wdwmagic.com.

Those picture end with "-jpg.number" at the end - they do not work with the [img] tag.

Matt_Fury:
But the little black x's look awesome!  :)

Pete_Fett:
I know the picture he's trying to show, I don't think those are build-a-droid/droid-factory figures, they are larger scale radio controlled buildable droids.

Found the pic:

Description from the article:

--- Quote ---Build your own droids: Like the lightsabers, there will be a store where guests can build their own droids. It’s called the Droid Depot and it’s run by a character named Mubo. After choosing if you want to do a BB or R-series droid, you pick custom pieces, colors, and accessories to create your personalized dream droid. That droid will then be fully radio controlled and, if you guide it around Black Spire outpost, it can interact with many of the elements. There are also premade droids, like R2-D2, BB-8, and even DJ R-3X (more on him below).
--- End quote ---

And I would take a guess that the Rex droid is that DJ droid R-3X and he'll be premade.

So I guess it's possible that they are 3.75" scale like the other Build-a-Droid offerings and like those remote controlled astromechs from Japan about 12 years ago (which were awesome), the fact that you're able to put them together yourself sorta rules out the scale. I would expect the figures to be more in-line with the droids that Sphero released.

Edit - I was WAY off on that Sphero estimate, check out this pic from the D23.com website:

Gives a sense of scale of size of droid and it's packaging to an average height male.

Jesse James:
Whew...  almost cared for a second lol.  Like the blind packs, I'm kinda glad this isn't another 4" scale to be concerned about.  I already still need to finish the protocol droids.

I do hope for more astromechs and protocols in the 4" scale though at some point.  My friends who go don't hope for that probably, but I do.  ;D

Phrubruh:
Thanks Pete.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version