Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 590683 times)

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
  • It's the final countdown.....
    • View Profile
    • Captain Alex & the Shrimp Shack Shooters
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #2460 on: January 10, 2006, 12:12 AM »
And Chris if you want to ban me for using extra punctuation, so be it!! I can't stop you, it's your site, and your perogative.

No respect for other forum members or even the owner of the site. Does common sense or decency escape you everytime or are you trying to get thrown out so you can have a "war story" to tout in future posts at other sites? I fail to understand how this will improve your situation.
Living and dying in 3/4 time....

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: January 10, 2006, 12:15 AM »
She doesn't really have a situation.  She just overuses the !!!!!!!!!!!!!'s. 

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: January 10, 2006, 12:16 AM »
Well believe what you want! I  say it's not me, whether you believe me or not it's up to you!! She is/was located in Texas, but wrong city. Born and raised in Austin, and that's all you'll get!! 8)

And Chris, yea that is annoying, but two or three, come on.

Alex, how was that disrespectful? I just said, he can do what he pleases.  I think you just went a bit overboard!!
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2463 on: January 10, 2006, 12:18 AM »
Chris didn't threaten to ban you for using your punctuation Lady Jaye, as I noted in my post (BTW Chris didn't even make the point, I did, so addressing Chris as threatening to ban you for your grammar seems a tad irrational when his name wasn't brought up).  The point I made though is that we do hold a higher standard of quality here...  We don't want the posts of our members to be so poorly structured that they don't make sense, that they add confusion to our boards...  Grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc., are what we are addressing so making light of how punctuation goes as "no big deal" around here isn't true...  I'm correcting that is all.

It isn't a HUGE deal, but it isn't something we take lightly either and have taken action on people in the past.  It wasn't for using excessive exclamation points, but it still is something we watch around here.  When there's a problem with excessive exclamation points we're certain a notice will be posted to limit them or cut it out and post properly.

"Style" isn't important here, but our members posting in a respectful and respectable manner is important though, and that's where we've taken action in the past when people felt that their spelling and grammar just weren't important because "it's just a toy forum".  It's also a place where you are still putting yourself out there in public and people form opinions on you based on how you present yourself.  This includes how you talk to others, how you present your additions to a conversation...  It's more important than people give it credit I believe, as like I said there is a greater focus on E-Communications as a legitimate contribution to knowledge, academia, etc.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: January 10, 2006, 12:21 AM »
I don't see what the film Overboard has to do with any of this LJ? I like to talk movie like the rest of you but there's a time and place for everything.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2465 on: January 10, 2006, 12:22 AM »
Is your keyboard defective?  Are your "shift" and "1" keys stuck somehow?  Because I could have sworn, a couple pages back, that you made a couple of fairly coherent posts that didn't look like the Punctuation Monster puked all over them.  But now the punctuation starts back up again. 

I don't get it.  Clearly this is something that you're conscious of, and that you're doing on purpose, but yet you have to know how annoying and irritating it is to people.  Is that a desirable trait?  Do you think it makes people think more of you, that it's cute, somehow?

Because if it were me, and several people had commented that something I did was annoying them, I think I would probably rethink that behavior at some point.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2466 on: January 10, 2006, 12:22 AM »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: January 10, 2006, 12:23 AM »
Put it this way - how you say something is as important as what you say.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: January 10, 2006, 12:24 AM »
And so respect is a big deal correct? So what do you say members using other's name, even though they have requested it not be used? Is that disrespectful or does that rule only apply to some?

Virex, contrary to what you have said, you would never rethink your behavior. Like your title states, and like you said to me, you don't care. So tell me, why should I?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 12:26 AM by Lady Jaye »
-Vincent

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2469 on: January 10, 2006, 12:27 AM »
I don't see what the film Overboard has to do with any of this LJ? I like to talk movie like the rest of you but there's a time and place for everything.

That movie poster image didn't work, so how about this one?

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: January 10, 2006, 12:28 AM »
I tried to have a discusion with her via pm's regarding all this and there is very little point in trying to help her understand the groups p.o.v. I attempted to extend out an olive branch, give her some constructive feedback and suggestions. But like some politcians she doesn't want to take any responsibility or ownership of anything. Instead the response is to continue to do the same thing over and over again but to pepper the action with personal attacks and  totally blaming everyone else for their faults but not admiting any of her own.

You know if she just said, "You know you may have a point and I'll be more mindful about the use of !!!!! in my future posts." most of us would have been happy with that. Instead it's spun as we're all the crazy little people.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2471 on: January 10, 2006, 12:32 AM »
Virex, contrary to what you have said, you would never rethink your behavior. Like your title states, and like you said to me, you don't care. So tell me, why should I?

Why should you care about what?  My opinion of you?  You shouldn't.  Star Wars message-boardom as a whole?  Well, I certainly can't tell you what to do.  It's obvious that you don't care too much, because dozens of people have complained about it, and nothing changes. 

If it were me, I don't know that "annoying idiot" would be the image I'd want to convey to the world wide web.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2472 on: January 10, 2006, 12:34 AM »
And I think I just realized that this is the same song and dance as the whole "quote-Hitler-in-my-sig" thing, only a different verse.

She's getting off (ooh. . .   :-[ ) on this whole **** storm she's caused.

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2473 on: January 10, 2006, 12:34 AM »
Well....

Here's the Gareth thread in question. The reason why no knows about it is beacuse, dispite the fact that almost all who got taken were in America, Jeremy desided that a thread in the feedback section was not needed and kept only the one thread opened in the Europe section where all the American forum members would natually look.

I could be wrong, but I think Gareth was coddled.

I actually followed that thread from the begninning (or close to it).  It appeared that Gareth was trading items he didn't yet have, weaving a tangled web that eventually came apart on him.  I remember several instances where members suggested he was being coddled, only to be shut down by the moderator, and I believe in once case even threatened with suspension.

-Matt

(Sorry if this post has become OT)

I find that whole situation odd as well. Its obvious that Gareth was trying to scam people, got caught, and made up some half ass "pity me" story.   ::)

Whats weird though is that Jeremy protected him so much. I mean in all honesty, there have been threads with 100x worse flaming at Rebelscum that have stayed open and not a word was said by a staff member. The people involved were pissed because he was scamming them, and they have every right to be. I don't think that the "flaming" that was going on was even that bad, let alone unwarranted. I don't think that bannings or suspensions needed to be used at all.   :P

I understand that the staff want to be non-biased and try to be fair to everyone, but there is a line. Halfway through the thread it turned from Jeremy being balanced to defending Gareth. I equate this to the people who protest that a convicted serial killer is not being treated humanely enough (or like Saddam in the news recently at his trial and how he bitches about everything). Did they treat their victims humanely? No. So they shouldn't be treated humanely. (Its a bit of a morbid metaphor, but you get the jist of what I'm trying to say).

While Gareth hasn't technically flat out admitted he is scamming, or been "convicted", even if he is telling the truth he still messed up in a lot of ways.

I don't know if banning Gareth was such a good idea either...now the only way people can reach him is via email (which he doesn't seem to reply to), and I'm guessing that since a lot of the information he has about the people he's dealing with (their addresses, the transactions, etc.) are probably from PMs, if he was wanting to send them their packages but didn't have their information saved they would be screwed.

Good luck if any of you are involved with this.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: January 10, 2006, 12:38 AM »
Alex if I had done something truly wrong, I would own up to it. But come on, extra punctuation that's what you want me to own up to!! I've never denied it.

And Virex, whatever. If you want to claim the high road, even though you have been name calling all night. ::)
-Vincent