Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 254702 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #795 on: April 8, 2022, 07:29 PM »
Let's not sell it short, it's not just a iconic paint app. It's an iconic "premium deco".

"This is the way."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #796 on: April 8, 2022, 09:07 PM »
Speaking of the overuse of the word “iconic”, anyone else get annoyed by the description for Luke during the pipeline reveal. To paraphrase: “we’ve seen this character in movies as well…”.

Uhh hello McFly? We are talking about the hero of the entire saga! Hasbro is like in a not ironic way “oh hey we got this guy we’re gonna do, you may be familiar with him” like he was Cad Bane or some ****. Wtf!!!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 9, 2022, 08:22 AM »
I am dreading the possibility that Hasbro will charge $26 for the Dark Troopers, which is frankly insulting considering the droid is almost all black - can't use the "premium deco" excuse with us, Hasbro.  Army building at $14 per figure isn't cheap.  But at almost twice as much per figure?  I might top out at 4 of these.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 9, 2022, 10:50 AM »
They’ll use the size instead of the paint to justify the price on that one.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 10, 2022, 09:06 AM »
Hasbro: before you make the excuse that you have to make the Dark Trooper a "World-Building" figure because it simply won't fit in a TVC bubble, let's preemptively just make it a Troop Builder 4-pack and call it a day.

I am simply not going to buy any of these upcharge packs without the value proposition being fulfilled in some way. I don't care what figure they put in there.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 10, 2022, 11:34 AM »
The real question on these expensive packs is how many are they making… if they do smaller numbers they’ll still sell out at those prices and be sought after later.  If they make a lot of them they could be among the first peg warming items in years (other than Lando I suppose).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 11, 2022, 12:06 PM »
That's a very worthwhile question.  Because it also brings up the issue of peg space.  Right now I see perhaps 2 pegs in a store for The Vintage Collection.  The new deluxe assortment is a new sku, and would need a peg of its own.  So where is that coming from?

As for how they ship?  I think it's probably going to be in a box of 8, like the TVC basic figures.  The dimensions of the deluxe sets are almost identical to the TVC cardback, and the box is just about the same depth as a TVC blister.  Hasbro went to the 8 figure case because a standard retail peg will hold about 8 figures.  It stands to reason that they will probably do something similar for the deluxe figures. 

But when it comes to the quantities, I think that depends on whether or not it's a general release or an exclusive.  I think the Tatooine Boba Fetts are going to show up in significant quantities.  But the Walmart exclusives?  Ugh.

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 20, 2022, 03:03 PM »
I would love Hasbro to produce something like this Executor diorama. Tatooine is cool, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFm8MZiEnSg

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 25, 2022, 03:10 PM »
I am dreading the possibility that Hasbro will charge $26 for the Dark Troopers, which is frankly insulting considering the droid is almost all black - can't use the "premium deco" excuse with us, Hasbro.  Army building at $14 per figure isn't cheap.  But at almost twice as much per figure?  I might top out at 4 of these.

Can I just say that I love how your tough stance on these prices is to possibly limit yourself to only four of them?   ;D  I don't know what Hasbro is doing, but Nick seems to be the one who's actually world building here...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 26, 2022, 11:29 AM »

Can I just say that I love how your tough stance on these prices is to possibly limit yourself to only four of them?   ;D  I don't know what Hasbro is doing, but Nick seems to be the one who's actually world building here...

You must be a riot at parties.

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 4, 2022, 11:00 AM »
My notes from the May the 4th reveals:
- Anakin Skywalker (repack)
- 4 pack troop builder - Phase 1 Clone Troopers (repack)
- 332nd Clone Trooper
- Mandalorian Super Commando
- Stormtrooper Commander - The Force unleashed (Fan Channel / Pulse)
- Heavy Asasult Stormtrooper - Jedi Fallen Order (Fan Channel / Pulse)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 4, 2022, 11:10 AM »
So...

Clone Clone Clone Trooper Clone Anakin.

Exactly what makes collecting this line engaging and fun...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #807 on: May 4, 2022, 12:15 PM »
I like the cloak with the Anakin, I love troop builder packs, the mando and the Ahsoka clone is kind of cool.  Everything else was pretty meh.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2022, 12:17 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #808 on: May 4, 2022, 12:24 PM »
I love troop builder packs

Irritates me that they did not take the opportunity to put out a new Red Captain or Yellow Commander using that VC45 sculpt instead of a Blue Lt. (which they already did as VC109).  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 4, 2022, 12:58 PM »
I love troop builder packs

Irritates me that they did not take the opportunity to put out a new Red Captain or Yellow Commander using that VC45 sculpt instead of a Blue Lt. (which they already did as VC109).  :-\

Although I'm glad these are all total repacks so I can pass on this set and not feel forced to buy a set of four just to get a new color.  I've got so many clone troopers from over the years this was an easy pass.