Author Topic: ReAction Lines  (Read 174693 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: ReAction Lines
« Reply #765 on: July 25, 2020, 11:56 PM »
I just spent another boatload of money with these guys this week, but it wasn’t easy. They decided to release all of their SDCC exclusives over four days from Wed-Sat and it was quite a rollercoaster ride.

Wednesday was just Turtles so i took that day off, but I missed out on Glow in the Dark Chet on Thursday and then the Aquarium pack Gill Man on Friday.  >:(

Today was their “designer figure” day and I was not about to miss those so I got on early and made sure I got the Healey Hellbent figure plus Draco Knuckleduster and the latest Phantom Starkiller.

Someone on FB suggested I contact their retail stores in SF and SD directly and see if I could snag the ones I missed, and sure enough I was able to order both of them over the phone with the SF store. So I was really happy about that!

I’ve just come to accept that it’s a niche boutique type business now and the price is going to be higher than what I would normally want to pay. They make my favorite stuff though so I can’t see quitting them for good anytime soon.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 27, 2020, 10:48 AM »
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I just can't justify it anymore.  It hurts to say it, but it's true.  $100 for five, 5-POA action figures isn't alright on any level.  I mean, 20 ReAction figures, or the new BMF??

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 19, 2020, 05:22 PM »
Slayer Live Undead 3-pack went up for sale today. FIFTY-FOUR DOLLARS!

No price breaks on these like with the Red Dawn sets, no idea why, but sheesh.

I ordered one anyway, because SLAYER! but it didn’t feel great.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 16, 2020, 12:31 PM »
The license is probably hella expensive. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 10, 2020, 01:51 AM »
NYCC exclusives dropped today, picked up a new Starkiller, Knuckleduster, and Hellbent.  ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 12, 2020, 05:45 PM »
Hot Topic has a good sale going on ReAction figures now...up to 50% off on a lot of them (Aliens, Evil Dead, etc).

I decided to pick up the 2 Red Dawn sets, had them shipped to store to save shipping and it only cost $32!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 12, 2020, 08:17 PM »
Ok... now there’s a deal I can’t pass up.  They had free shipping and no tax too.  I somehow just bought the whole Army of Darkness wave for $64 total.

Thanks for posting that!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 12, 2020, 08:33 PM »
Nice! Great score...yeah, they often have 30% off sales but I agree 50% was too good to pass up. Glad to help!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 19, 2020, 12:28 PM »
Just ordered the regular version **** Toad Chet from Weird Science.  ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 28, 2020, 07:17 PM »
I really wish these weren’t as pricey as they are, because every time I grab one I really wish I could get more. I did recently order my 2nd Ninja Turtle (now have Raph and Mikey), as well as Lion-O and Beagle Scout Snoopy (our family are suckers for Snoopy/Peanuts). Tempted to get more, but they add up quick. Not sure why, but I really like the Transformers in this line. They seem very cartoon accurate.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 28, 2020, 09:28 PM »
Yeah, the pricing is prohibitive for sure. I have gotten a lot more choosy about which stuff I am collecting from them now, and have just recently decided to sell off some of my old stuff that is just taking up too much room at this point.

That said, I did just take advantage of their buy 5 get 1 free deal since the 2 new Metropolis Maria figures dropped today as well as the GID Nosferatu and Hitchcock...so they are still making money off me for sure.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 22, 2021, 05:47 PM »
Super 7 was kind enough to put all their SDCC exclusives up at once today so I managed to save a few bucks on shipping at least. Got the new Phantom Starkiller and the new Shogun style Godzilla which I’m very excited about. Only $50, not too bad a hit.  :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 23, 2021, 11:22 AM »
I've completely quit on this line.  I just can't justify $18 plus shipping and tax for a 5 POA action figure.  I'm also completely soured on the way they abuse re-paints and glow in the dark and blood splattered and black and white and sepia versions...  I've got a friend who did a panel with Brian Flynn and he was basically bragging that re-releasing the same thing over and over was the way to bank, and I'm a collect-them-all guy so this just doesn't align with how I think.

I'm probably going to start selling off my ReAction collection if there's anything you're missing.  I have about 450 figures. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 23, 2021, 11:08 PM »
I hear you, I recently sold off all my Pulp Fiction, Rocky Horror, and Terminator 2 figures, and am probably not done yet. I keep all mine carded so they take up a lot of space. There are a few I am still interested in though, just sent you a PM in case you can help. Thx!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 26, 2021, 12:43 PM »
I didn't get your PM, fyi.  :)

Also all my stuff is loose... so that might make them less interesting for you.