Author Topic: Rogue One Class II Vehicle Sets  (Read 8735 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Rogue One Class II Vehicle Sets
« on: September 4, 2016, 02:07 PM »
Some of the info that's been coming out has me wondering in which class of vehicle the REBELS A-wing is going to slotted.  It seems a little big for Class I, but is it big enough to be part of the Class II line?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Rogue One Class II Vehicle Sets
« Reply #1 on: September 5, 2016, 12:00 AM »
is it big enough to be part of the Class II line?

Yes, it is supposed to be in the $30 Class 2 assortment, with repacks of the two TFA Class II ships apparently.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 01:14 PM »
So, there was a Hasbro live hangout Q&A today that I took part in...  posting in here to tell you all that sadly, what we've seen so far is most likely it for Vehicles for the year.

In other words, this assortment is pretty much Hera's A-Wing and repacks - zero chance for a 3.75" scale Imperial Hover Tank appearing in the line this year.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 02:02 PM »
Mentioned this in the rumors thread but - no Hover Tank? Very odd. Hoping they mean not this year and we see it next year some time.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 03:53 PM »
What about the Ghost???  :D

just kidding, I like to tease myself...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 04:26 PM »
Well TIE Striker is cool enough and tank looks small enough a scratch build may be in order.  Just wish I could 3D print the details. :/
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 04:33 PM »
Surprising, as it seemed like that tank would fit in perfectly here. Vehicles almost seem like an afterthought any more though.  We used to get EU based stuff, Clone Wars vehicles, even comic based stuff sometimes. Now we can barely get more than two from a brand new movie. Thanks for both participating, and reporting back, about the Hasbro hangout Jeff - much appreciated.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 06:31 PM »
It all rolls back that vehicles are like complex figures in that they're more labor intensive.  I've heard first hand on this aspect of building a toy these days.  It's becoming very difficult in china. :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 01:14 PM »
Watch them make a Playskool version by next spring.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 11:45 PM »
Was able to get 2x of the A-Wing with Hera this morning at a WalMart I pass on the drive into work. They were out on the shelves. I took them up to the register fully expecting to be shut down, but they scanned just fine and I was able cross one of the five "new" vehicles off my list for this Friday. I'm hoping to score a few more items "early" just to cut down on the bulk of Friday.

I was at another Walmart and they were putting out Wave 1 on the pegs - I asked the girl if I could take them and she said yes, so I took the set of 7 figures to the register and was denied. Took them back to the girl in the boys toys aisle to tell her what happened and she even called a manager over and he was like "what the heck?" Hasbro's communication of this imaginary street date has been FANTASTIC!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 08:50 AM »
Was able to get 2x of the A-Wing with Hera this morning at a WalMart I pass on the drive into work. They were out on the shelves. I took them up to the register fully expecting to be shut down, but they scanned just fine and I was able cross one of the five "new" vehicles off my list for this Friday. I'm hoping to score a few more items "early" just to cut down on the bulk of Friday.

I was at another Walmart and they were putting out Wave 1 on the pegs - I asked the girl if I could take them and she said yes, so I took the set of 7 figures to the register and was denied. Took them back to the girl in the boys toys aisle to tell her what happened and she even called a manager over and he was like "what the heck?" Hasbro's communication of this imaginary street date has been FANTASTIC!

Nice score on the A-Wings! You have inspired me to go on the hunt for these now too. This was one of the only remaining items I was planning to chase down on FF.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 02:55 PM »
I picked up Hera's A-Wing today at a local Walmart as part of the Force Friday releases.  It costs about $30 and I was rather stoked about it.  The A-Wing has long been one of my favorite craft in the SW universe and I liked how this new tooling looked more prototypical.  That said, it is easily only 2/3 the size of the vintage A-Wing tooling, meaning it's really tiny!  Disappointingly, the nerf gun feature completely ruins the smooth lines of the ship and can't really be removed.  The ship looks great when viewed top down, but from the side and underneath, the nerf dart gun kills the look...  You can open up the nerf dart section to remove the barrel,but the whole mounting part will not come out unless you cut/grind it out with a dremmel tool.  I think I'm going to use this as an R-22 Spearhead that's been modified to carry a heavy rocket launcher...
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 05:13 PM »
I was looking forward to this too. But that gun is just so intrusive! Plus it acts as the landing gear. That one sticker cracked me up. Couldn't tell have pointed that on haha

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 08:13 PM »
The A-Wing was the only thing I found early, and I picked it up...  I thought basically how bad could it be?  The scale didn't bug me too much, as I was going to just chalk it up to being what it is, a precursor to a better craft...  That said, and I don't hate Hasbro for wanting to integrate NERF into things because they're trying to sell toys, but yeah that NERF feature REALLY screws this ship up royally. 

I found the craft itself acceptable otherwise, but yeah, the amount of work required to "fix" that would be too much for the $30 pricetag.  I'll do my own McAWing and I'm taking this back at this point.

I've only seen the U-Wing at WM and none of the other ships anywhere else but TRU which had everything.

Wal-Mart and K-Mart screwed the pooch today and Target wasn't far behind.  TRU was the only one with their collective crap together for this really, and where you could get everything if you wanted it.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2016, 08:56 PM »
I was lucky to find the TIE Striker and U-Wing at Target - my first stop of the day.  I've just opened and assembled the TIE now, but not the U-Wing yet.  IMHO, the TIE is probably the the best star fighter of the new line so far...  It more than makes up for the crappy TFA First Order TIE fighter and will fit perfectly with existing Original Trilogy vehicles.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:01 PM by tmanthegreat »
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D