Author Topic: 2023 TVC Wave 1 (New TVC Wave 27)  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2023 TVC Wave 1 (New TVC Wave 27)
« on: July 20, 2022, 10:38 PM »
Pics are circulating on social media of a TVC cardback that shows these guys as the next wave...

TM Luke Skywalker (Imperial Light Cruiser) [previous pipeline reveal]
TM Artillery Stormtrooper [previous pipeline reveal]
JFO Cal Kestis (finally!) [previously teased but not confirmed until now]
SWA Cassian Andor
"?" Vel Sartha (?)

I can honestly say I don't know who "Vel Sartha" is - can't tell if they are a comic character or a new character from Andor or maybe from Jedi Survivor video game? 
« Last Edit: November 2, 2022, 10:45 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 TVC Wave 6 (New TVC Wave 27)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 11:22 PM »
I’d guess Andor.  There’s nothing on Google for that name.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 02:51 AM »
Andor would be my guess as well. I am very excited for the show based on the trailers. I'd assume it has to be someone we have seen in the trailer?  Maybe a bad guy of some kind? It looked like one of those local police or ISB guards might be a featured character, he shows up a few times in different costumes:

Scratch that, I saw the cardback. It appears to be her:

Rogue One was easily my favorite Disney SW film and I am excited to be getting more figures in that era and aesthetic. Rogue One figures are pretty much at the top of my personal VTC wishlist right now. While it of course makes sense with the new show launching, I do however wish we'd get at least one version of the rest of the main Rogue One cast before getting another Andor figure... (Baze Malbus, Bodhi Rook, Saw Gerrera, Galen Erso, Krennic, & a Tarkin photo-real repaint or resculpt)

The rest of the wave sounds good. I can't wait for the Cal Kestis (finally!). I'd love to see him get some of the other Inquistors to battle eventually.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 06:14 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 11:50 AM »
Vel Sartha definitely appears to be a character from ANDOR. I'm pretty sure that character is being played by Adria Arjona - she's in the cast, but her character name hasn't been revealed.

EDIT - I think the actor playing Vel Sartha is actually Denise Gough.  She appears in at least a couple of shots in the trailer.  One is like the way the figure appears, and another shot has her dressed like an ISB officer.

I saw another cardback image surface from SDCC that shows the Klatooinian Raider.  I'm not sure if it's going to be released with these figures, but I imagine that we'll learn more after tomorrow's panel.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 12:07 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2022, 05:23 PM »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 05:28 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 05:24 PM »
I've gotta say, I'm really happy with Cal Kestis and BD-9. Luke looks great too.
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2022, 05:38 PM »
Glad I paid $60 to get that Pirate AT-ST just for that figure, only to see him repacked on a card later.  Shame on me for falling for that, I guess.  ::) 

I hope he at least turns out repainted enough that he'll look like another gang member...

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2022, 06:04 PM »
Glad I paid $60 to get that Pirate AT-ST just for that figure, only to see him repacked on a card later.  Shame on me for falling for that, I guess.  ::) 

I hope he at least turns out repainted enough that he'll look like another gang member...

Ditto.  :'(

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2022, 07:18 PM »

I'm just wondering if this isn't a new precedent for Hasbro?  Put out an "exclusive figure" in a vehicle (or convention set) and then release it a couple years later to get collectors to double-dip.  We've seen it with the clone 3-pack, Aphra was in a set (still no androids though/yet), and, now, the Klatooinian Raider.  So maybe in a couple years, you'll see Gen. Merrick, Bib Fatuna, and this Boba released in a wave? 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2022, 05:09 PM »
JD-sponsored Amazon pre-order links:

TVC TM Klatooinian -> https://amzn.to/3z32uUR
TVC JS Cal Kestis -> https://amzn.to/3osyBby
TVC TM Jedi Luke -> https://amzn.to/3z73hUC

JD-sponsored EE full case link -> https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/hse7763p?id=JE-405087801
2x TBD
2x TBD
1x TBD
1x Luke Skywalker (Imperial Light Cruiser)
1x Cal Kestis
1x Klatooinian Raider

** I am guessing that the other figures from the SDCC cardback leak are the TBD figures - TM Artillery Stormtrooper, SWA Cassian Andor, SWA Vel Sartha
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 12:11 AM by Jeff »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2022, 06:10 PM »
JD-sponsored Amazon pre-order links:

TVC JS Klatooinian -> https://amzn.to/3z32uUR
TVC TM Cal Kestis -> https://amzn.to/3osyBby
TVC TM Jedi Luke -> https://amzn.to/3z73hUC

JD-sponsored EE full case link -> https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/hse7763p?id=JE-405087801
2x TBD
2x TBD
1x TBD
1x Luke Skywalker (Imperial Light Cruiser)
1x Cal Kestis
1x Klatooinian Raider

** I am guessing that the other figures from the SDCC cardback leak are the TBD figures - TM Artillery Stormtrooper, SWA Cassian Andor, SWA Vel Sartha

Thanks for the links Jeff!  I think your guess is probably spot-on.  And I think we can probably expect a Hasbro Livestream next month in the leadup to the premiere of ANDOR on Disney+ at the end of August.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2022, 02:32 AM »
I was a bit late to the preorders tonight. I grabbed a few of the Klatooinian, figure I can tweak of few of them slightly for a little pirate band. Grabbed 2 of the Cal Kestis, but I somehow missed the Luke. I'm not too worried, I'm sure he'll show up again since they aren't exclusives.

I can talk until my face turns blue about how wrong the Mando Luke in both scales are and how not having Luke in the ROTJ 40th waves for TBS is ridiculous. But at this point seeing all the comments online I have resigned myself to the fact that I am the only one who cares.

Pulling this from another thread, what's off on him Jason? I'd be curious to see, I haven't looked too closely at the costume to see how accurate it is / isn't for this release.
"This is the way."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2022, 03:36 PM »

I can talk until my face turns blue about how wrong the Mando Luke in both scales are and how not having Luke in the ROTJ 40th waves for TBS is ridiculous. But at this point seeing all the comments online I have resigned myself to the fact that I am the only one who cares.

Pulling this from another thread, what's off on him Jason? I'd be curious to see, I haven't looked too closely at the costume to see how accurate it is / isn't for this release.

Hey Ryan! Both the TVC and TBS Lukes have the tunics far too wide open (they reused the 2020 JL torso for the TVC figure) whereas the costume is more similar to prequel era Jedi tunics over the shirt Luke wore during his duel with Vader. The hair on both is also far too big, Luke’s hair was noticeably short in the season 2 finale. TBS figure also has an incorrect skirt piece as it is missing the long tabards like prequel era Jedi.  Essentially, Hasbro is re-releasing Jedi Luke with a belt around his waist. Most folks will consider that to be enough based on the tv show, but having studied the outfit extensively for my own custom as well as being a Jedi Luke focus collector, this output from Hasbro really frustrates me.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2022, 06:32 PM »
Thanks for the breakdown Jason! Bummer that it sounds like it is that far off. I definitely hadn't studied it close enough to really notice. I'll still get him and he looks like a decent figure, but I am admittedly not quite as excited now.
"This is the way."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2022, 08:03 PM »
No worries. And don’t get me wrong they are good figures overall and I ordered a couple of each scale, but yeah being not content accurate just really bothers me. Especially since they had enough time to get it right.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot