Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Retro Collection Amazing Technicolor Vader  (Read 44335 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2019 Retro Collection Amazing Technicolor Vader
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2019, 01:23 PM »
Think of how much this is going to drive down the price of real prototype vintage Vaders......
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2019, 09:11 AM »
I was online at the perfect time last night to refresh and refresh and refresh and........ Watch this switch from coming soon to sold out
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2019, 09:44 AM »
Yep, I saw that they were already gone this morning too. That's just how these things work now.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2019, 02:44 PM »
I hate SW collecting now.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2019, 02:56 PM »
Hate is wrong word for me. I Iove it. But I'm annoyed with how difficult it is for sure. I really want a Fett and it's so frustrating to look at the 100s of listings on eBay. What percentage are bought just to scalp compared to actually add to one's collection?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 02:56 PM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2019, 12:10 PM »
The Target page no longer has the option for notifying you when it's back... do we think that means this one has run its course?

$38 is the best I see on eBay and I'm wondering if I should just do it...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 12:10 PM by Rob »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2019, 01:46 PM »
I saw it in stock this morning but blew it off because I was in a hurry. I would keep checking.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2019, 06:03 PM »
Got my Ship-to-Store Prototype Vader order today. Mildly disappointed that the two figures ended up being identical. Oh well. I'll see if any Targets around me actually get the figure in stock and then if I can find one that's different I'll pick it up - wasn't going to go crazy with the color variants, just wanted to get two different ones to have examples of the fact that they were "random".
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2019, 12:35 PM »
Given the rules of color matching, my buddy did the math and says the number is 5040 different combinations.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2019, 01:33 AM »
Given the rules of color matching, my buddy did the math and says the number is 5040 different combinations.

That's what I came up with as well - there are seven slots for color: head, right arm, left arm, torso, left leg, right leg, lightsaber blade. So I'm pretty sure, that means the permutations are 7! = 7 x 6 x 5 x 4 x 3 x 2 x 1 = 5040

But I could be mistaken though, since I think that would only apply if there were seven different colors for the parts, but there are only six - so it might actually be (6 x 6!) instead which would be 4320 permutations.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2019, 10:15 AM »
I think that would only apply if there were seven different colors for the parts, but there are only six - so it might actually be (6 x 6!) instead which would be 4320 permutations.

4320 would be correct if we are trying to calculate Vaders with seven parts but only six colors to choose from. (like Pete said, 6! for the first six parts and then six possible colors for the seventh part). 

That assumes that Hasbro's goal was one part color#1, one part color#2, one part color#3, one part color#4, one part color#5, two parts color#6.  If we start seeing Vader figures with more than two parts of the same color (like the Vader figure in the press photos with two blue arms and two green legs) then the number of potential Vaders would be even larger.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2019, 11:08 AM »
It should be fewer than that if they don't allow for the same color to be in adjacent spots.

I started to do a combinations and permutations calculation but I'm too far removed from this math subject to recall it correctly with the added complexity of adjacent spots.  Where is a math major when you need one... ::)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2019, 11:52 AM »
It should be fewer than that if they don't allow for the same color to be in adjacent spots.

If we assume the rules from above (one part color#1, one part color#2, one part color#3, one part color#4, one part color#5, two parts color#6) and add a rule that parts that touch can't have the same color we'd reduce 4320 by 1/6th to 3600.

Example -
Torso - six possible colors
r arm - five possible colors
l arm - four possible colors
r leg - three possible colors
l leg = two possible colors
head - one possible color
saber - five possible colors (can't match r arm)

6*5*4*3*2*1*5=3600

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2019, 01:48 PM »
Someone posted in a reddit thread that the Vader is supposed to show up in stores this weekend, do we know if that's for real or just someone talking nonsense?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2019, 02:08 PM »
Someone posted in a reddit thread that the Vader is supposed to show up in stores this weekend

Someone posted in this thread that Vader is supposed to show up in stores this weekend -

Also in-store starting Aug 2

I'm planning to swing by Target on Friday morning with the DPCI (087-16-0870) to check things out.