Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 567802 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2100 on: March 6, 2017, 06:38 PM »
I guess they just stole some stuff from them, because Talking Dead didn't list them in the "Goodbye to those who died".

Seems nuts to tip their hand  by killing Saviors at this point...even though Michonne already has...and Carl...and Daryl...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2101 on: March 7, 2017, 12:27 AM »
I really want to know what was gou g on at that amusement park...there were a bunch of civilian walkers with their hands duct taped together!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: March 9, 2017, 12:44 PM »
Meanwhile, ratings are down to their lowest levels since Season 2

Maybe, just MAYBE, fans are finally getting sick of these horrible filler episodes
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: March 9, 2017, 02:54 PM »
Meanwhile, ratings are down to their lowest levels since Season 2

Maybe, just MAYBE, fans are finally getting sick of these horrible filler episodes

To me I want to see them explore, or find themselves in some kind of NEW situation.  To me, Negan is just a more extreme version of the Governor, or the Terminus guys...  He's a hell of a character - but we've in a sense got two whole seasons invested in him.  That's all fine and dandy, but it's getting stale - especially when you kind of START the season at a crescendo.  I hope the finale is everything we've been patiently waiting for - and then I hope something actually new happens going forward.  I love this show, even when it's not great, but it's only going to last so long while the gang is just going from bad guy to badder guy.   

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: March 9, 2017, 03:00 PM »
If they really want to jump start the ratings again, just ditch the comic already. Let the show chart its own course organically, instead of being enslaved to Kirkman's blueprint. They have to get off the bad guy/people of the week mentality. I agree that it is getting really old.

Would be way more interesting to see some kind of evolution of the virus or the walkers themselves. Or more about the mysterious black helicopter from Season One. Or anything other than just meeting other bad survivors.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2105 on: March 9, 2017, 10:10 PM »
The Terminus people were actually interesting...  They were insane, and weird.  Negan really is just a more extreme version of the Governor and what the Governor would've maybe become over time had he not flipped his wig on his people and met up with Rick. 

I'm anxious for this war to start and see how that goes, but it's all just build-up now like (again) the Governor's whole deal, which happened twice to boot, so this is three times now down the same basic road.

At the same time the whole character growth thing is sort of important to see too and I liked watching Rick and Michonne's relationship grow and fall apart (in a sense) in one episode... 

Sasha and Rosita are fn stupid.  I'd actually like to find them under Lucille's anger at this point.  They should just somehow wind up FearTWD at this point they're so annoying.  Maybe Tara can drive them out West.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: March 10, 2017, 10:05 AM »
The show has already taken a pretty big departure from the comics.  Characters like Daryl and Sasha don't even exist in the comics, nor do the river people are the junk yard people.  Heck, Andrea is still a huge part of the comics.  I like the Negan storyline, but they should be doing more with it instead of these filler episodes.  It;s like they come up with what they want to be milestone episodes, then just fill in the space around them.  Post Negan, the comics skip a few years to find an older Rick/Carl and gang, so that will have to be a nother big departure from the show.  And if they bring along the next batch of challenges from the comics, I think people are going to be pretty happy with what comes next. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2107 on: March 10, 2017, 11:29 AM »
I think one thing weighing it down at this point is that the survivors pretty much have the zombie thing under control.  Zombies don't pose the risk they once did.  Sure, there's accidents here and there... but even in a room full of zombies, you don't think any of the experienced zombie-killers are in any danger.  Like someone joked here - nobody watching the show thought Rick was dead (although I did believe Michonne thought he was dead, and there was a chance she'd get bitten while in shock... probably the most on-edge I've been all season).

When the main threat is no longer a threat, it's kinda lame.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: March 10, 2017, 10:34 PM »
When its played for laughs now...macabre humor of Rick getting GI Zombie out from the windshield, you know the threat is done.

How about a new twist where they encounter walkers but the walker are robots. LOL. Fake zombies!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: March 12, 2017, 11:15 PM »
That's great it starts with an cantaloupe, Lennie James is not a dope...

Richard didn't know Morgan used to be a detective under a LOW WINTER SUN.

Carol's premonitions make her seek the truth! I guess.

Hey, Morgan want some earrings to go with that choker?

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2110 on: March 13, 2017, 09:12 AM »
Richard to Morgan:  "This is it, Morgan. You have to kill!"

Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: March 13, 2017, 10:14 PM »
Lot of rigamarole ultimately signifying nothing, except they found a way to stop paying two more actors, lol.

If the guy really wanted to start something, why not just pull a gun and shoot one of the Saviors when they showed up for the drop? I guess that wouldn't take a whole episode to develop though.

At least Morgan got his wood back.  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2112 on: March 13, 2017, 10:29 PM »

If the guy really wanted to start something, why not just pull a gun and shoot one of the Saviors when they showed up for the drop? I guess that wouldn't take a whole episode to develop though.

He needed to be the victim in order for Ezekiel to authorize going to war with the saviors.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: March 13, 2017, 10:31 PM »
I believe the idea is to make The Kingdom want to join the other groups wage war against The Saviors and catch The Saviors off guard so killing a Savior at the drop would be a terrible idea
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2114 on: March 14, 2017, 11:10 AM »
I am so bored with the show. I don't even watch it on Sunday anymore. I DVR it and watch it when i get the chance during the week. I am unsure what they could do to get my excitement back though. I dislike the character specific episodes without a doubt.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"