Author Topic: Recents Finds and/or Purchases  (Read 45762 times)

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
Recents Finds and/or Purchases
« on: August 30, 2015, 02:06 PM »
Saw first Force Awakens merchandise -- a lone TIE pilot, some low-tech role play masks -- at a K-mart today.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recents Finds and/or Purchases
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 03:06 PM »
I saw some of those "Box Buster" things and the Millenium Falcom Air Hogs dealio while making the rounds at Walmart this weekend, but nothing any good. I do like the new packaging though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 2, 2015, 08:29 AM »
Let's go Krogering!  ;D

I hit the mother lode last night at the grocery store of all places. I guess Kroger don't play that Walmart nonsense with cockblocking you at the register.

Picked up everything they had in 3&3/4" scale. (There was no 6" stuff sadly) They seemed to be complete cases, I ended up with:

2x Assault Walker w/Stormtrooper Sergeant
2x Elite Speeder Bike w/Stormtrooper (Spec Forces)
8x Armor Series figures
12x Basic Figures

The Class I stuff was $19.99, the Armor guys $12.99 and the basic figures were $7.99. The best part was though, that they had a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale going on for everything, even the vehicles. I had to get a manager to help apply them at the register, which was a bit of a hassle, but they had absolutely no qualms about selling them to me. I even ended up getting 3 of the basic figures for free because of some snafu.

All told I ended up with $279.76 (plus tax) worth of toys for $177.86 (plus tax). Not a bad night's work.

The nutty thing is - I don't even want any of this stuff. Literally. I got them for 2 friends I am planning on meeting up with for MM. Figured I would save them some work.

I plan to go out hunting for the 6" guys today at Walmart and K-Mart. Anything I can grab before tomorrow night would be a plus.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 3, 2015, 10:00 AM »
Found some stock out at a local WalMart, but nothing that I'd actually buy.  Saw the first wave of TFA Hero Series 12" figures:  Kylo Ren, Darth Vader, First Order Stormtrooper & Finn.  Also saw some Hero Mashers, Micro Machines, Role Play masks & lightsabers
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 3, 2015, 05:35 PM »
Picked up the 6" Kylo Ren and First Order Stormtroopers this morning at a Kmart near where I work. I also snagged a 2nd 6" Kylo Ren for a friend at work.

I don't collect 6" but these two figures are pretty cool - I'll probably just display them on my desk at work. If they ever release a Captain Phasma I'll probably grab her and then call it quits there, the last thing I want to do at this point is try to play catch-up with the 6" line...  :P
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 3, 2015, 05:46 PM »
If they ever release a Captain Phasma I'll probably grab her and then call it quits there, the last thing I want to do at this point is try to play catch-up with the 6" line...  :P

She's in wave 2... and may be out tonight.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #6 on: September 3, 2015, 06:13 PM »
Picked up the 6" Kylo Ren and First Order Stormtroopers this morning at a Kmart near where I work. I also snagged a 2nd 6" Kylo Ren for a friend at work.

I don't collect 6" but these two figures are pretty cool - I'll probably just display them on my desk at work. If they ever release a Captain Phasma I'll probably grab her and then call it quits there, the last thing I want to do at this point is try to play catch-up with the 6" line...  :P

Right;D
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 3, 2015, 08:50 PM »
I saw Rey's speeder at Walmart on the way home from work, and a smattering of less interesting stuff, but I didn't even bother to try checking out. No more snacking before the feast!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 4, 2015, 02:34 AM »
Ugh....long night. Target was a big letdown. Couldn't find enough product to use either coupon. And I was one of the first in line! They had everything split in two sections and all mine had that I wanted was the Kanan scout Bomber and a lone 6" Kylo Ren. Better than nothing though.

Next stop was Walmart and got Finn, Rey, and Chewie. Finally hit TRU after that and they were totally wiped out.  :(

I stopped at two more Walmarts on the way home and found 2 6" Stormtroopers, so I did end up managing to complete the wave. Good way to top off the night.

Never saw any sign of the big TIE or the Mission Series 2-packs...bummed about that.

Fun to hang out with friends but not nearly as much variety as I expected to see. And TRU and Target woefully under stocked for the demand.

Off to bed!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 4, 2015, 02:47 AM »
Snagged Rey, Finn and Chewie. That was my entire Force Friday haul since stores apparently only got a single case of everything.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 4, 2015, 02:57 AM »
Snagged Rey, Finn and Chewie. That was my entire Force Friday haul since stores apparently only got a single case of every some things.

Fixed it for you.  Hit WM and TRU:  WM had 6" figures and TRU did not.  TRU had TIEs and X-Wings, WM did not.

I got what I wanted.  At the WM we stood near the pegs as the Hasbro reps put stuff out.  Then some guys brought out the pallets of 3.75" and 6" figures and put them out in the main aisle and everyone but me left the SW aisle.  I grabbed the 3 6" figures I wanted there with no hassle.  But otherwise, they has masks and ligthsabers there.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 4, 2015, 03:16 AM »
I was able to get the following at the TRU I went to: (all Hasbro)
1x of the 5POA Wave 1 12 figures
1x 7 out of 8 Armor figures (somehow I missed the Finn one)
2x 3.75" TIE
2x Rey's Speeder
1x First Order Speeder Bike
2x First Order Scout Walker
1x Kanan's Scout Bomber
1x Finn's Desert Speeder
1x First Order Snow Speeder

Then I went to a 24-hour WalMart and got:
2x Captain Phasma 3.75"
1x Resistance Fighter
2x Poe 3.75"
1x First Order Stormtrooper
2x Constable ??
2x Finn 3.75"
1x Rey 3.75"
1x Bespin Luke
1x Darth Vader
2x Flametrooper 3.75"
2x Flametrooper Armor Up figure
1x Stormtrooper Armor Up Figure
1x Chewie Armor Up Figure
1x Poe Armor Up figure
1x Kanan's Scout Bomber
1x First Order Speeder Bike

No Millennium Falcon at all anywhere, no Poe X-Wings anywhere.

Toys R Us was going to restrict me to 3 figures TOTAL - when they put up the sign, I asked the person what it meant - 3 figures or 3 of each figure - I was told the later, I had to argue with the manager that if I had been told 3 figures total, I would have gone elsewhere - and I probably would have been better for it if I had just gone to the 24hr WalMart. Eventually after 5 minutes of arguing back and forth, I put my 2nd set of 5POA figures back and said, meet me half way, allow me to purchase a complete set of 12 and he did - I then proceeded to dole out those other 12 figures to whoever wanted them in line behind me at the register.

What a total cluster **** this was, clearly they did not get enough product to go around. Gonna go back out for openings of WalMarts and Targets that did not have stuff at midnight - hoping my luck will be better there...
« Last Edit: September 4, 2015, 04:04 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 4, 2015, 03:50 AM »
Just got Kylo (6 inch) off of Amazon... beats driving around looking. Stormtrooper was sold out though, but I figure those will be everywhere soon.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 4, 2015, 09:05 AM »
I hit a nearby Target right at opening this morning and was able to pick up 2 more FO Stormtroopers and went ahead and got another Kylo to use the $10 off coupon. (Will return the one I got last night)

I did see Poe's X-Wing there, which was totally MIA last night, so that was cool. No sign of the TIE Fighter, big or little. Still no Mission Series.

I plan to hit K-Mart at lunch today because that's the only place I've even seen tags for the 2-packs. Worth a shot, every place else has been a bust so far.

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 4, 2015, 10:56 AM »
Has anyone found the Mission Series figures?  My Target didn't have pegs for them (and didn't have the figures either)?