Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 199589 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1710 on: December 11, 2008, 07:27 PM »

More Harness than Web Gear so to speak, but who am I to argue semantics on a Toy site...j

This is not an intentional variation, it is a factory error, but enough packs showed up without it, that it IS painful.  I bet one of those industrious customizers like Broken Arrow Toys will make them if yours did not come with one.   

Chewie...don't buy a UGP for Grand Slam...he's not in there, unless somebody figure swapped it.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1711 on: December 11, 2008, 07:41 PM »
Yeah, I like that Destro sculpt with that paint job.  I kind of like the blue flight pod too.  I guess I could paint a white one blue, but I really don't feel like getting into customizing this line.

Oops, that's not Grand Slam?  Who is the guy kneeling down with the sunglasses on?  I thought that was the guy's name.  I don't really follow this line as much as Star Wars...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1712 on: December 11, 2008, 08:28 PM »
I think it's Tripwire in the UBP.  He has Grand Slam parts I would imagine, for the armor/pads on his uniform.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1713 on: December 11, 2008, 09:33 PM »
On the Joe side:

Steeler
Stalker
Short Fuze

On the Cobra Side:

Destro
Cobra Commander
Hiss Driver re-deco
Cobra Trooper re-deco

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1714 on: December 11, 2008, 10:11 PM »
Short Fuse?  Ok, got it, thanks for clearing that up for me.   I'm not sure where I came up with Grand Slam. 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1715 on: December 11, 2008, 10:42 PM »
That's the piece I heard was missing.  I haven't seen it in person, and hadn't looked online, so I didn't realize it wasn't a full set of web gear like Stalker or the Cobra Troopers have.  Either way, I'd rather look for it in stores to try and get one with the harness rather than take my chance online.

But, I have no idea if I'll see it.  I'll play the waiting game for now I guess.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1716 on: December 11, 2008, 10:55 PM »
More Harness than Web Gear so to speak, but who am I to argue semantics on a Toy site

Thanks for the clarification Jesse - and the pic Paul!  Mine didn't have "web gear" and I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but it's nice to know what was actually missing.  Dusty will have to win his battles without his elusive "web gear" from here on out.  No way in hell I'll ever see the DVD v3, v4, v5 in stores as 1 & 2 have been clogging everywhere since the day they first arrived.  Thankfully HTS came to the answer, but I missed out on the best of set.   :(

Yeah, I like that Destro sculpt with that paint job.

It is a great sculpt, but I've seriously lost count on how many Destros I have - especially since they get put into a box and sent to toy storage hell.  Would have thought that everybody had their fill on that mold by now...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1717 on: December 12, 2008, 10:48 AM »
I bought an extra set for some customs, if you want the Dusty Harness, let me know.

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1718 on: December 12, 2008, 11:01 AM »
And don't forget, I've got a mold to make extras working as well as Paul's storied generosity.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1719 on: December 12, 2008, 11:52 AM »
I saw the Resolute wave today, and it looked like they came out of the same factory that produced the initial line of Indiana Jones figures--the paint apps were terrible.  Even for Blowtorch, who had a real muy el molestor look to him.  The figures themselves look pretty good (although I'm not a fan of that new Duke headsculpt); the new Cobra Trooper in particular, but the paint jobs were the worst I've seen on Joes since the 25th Anniversary line started.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1720 on: December 12, 2008, 12:16 PM »
I know a good way to cut back financially is often paint aps since it's so labor-intensive, so perhaps it's a sign of Hasbro cutting corners to save a buck?  I'd not put it past them anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1721 on: December 12, 2008, 12:21 PM »
I haven't seen w13 yet, but I'm "assuming" that Hasbro may be using the Indy plant for these last few waves and that they're using their standard plant(s) for the movie figs. 

Did we ever get a clear answer on what all will be on the pegs once the movie is released?  I've heard just plain movie figs until 2010, but I've also heard all three lines running together into 2010.  Meh...Maybe I've just been hearing things.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1722 on: December 12, 2008, 01:06 PM »
Sprry, I saw those Resolute figures last night at Target, picked up Cobra Commander and both Cobra troopers that I saw.  I swore I wasn't going to get those, but seeing them in person was a different story.  I opened CC when I got home and he's pretty damn sweet, I like the "meaner" helmet that he's got.

As for the paint jobs, the ones that I saw actually looked really good.  Most of the figures I've seen lately look very nice on their paint jobs, except the Cobra disguise Flint... most of those are awful.

I also saw Blowtorch there, which looked alright but I passed on him.  Passed on the Resolute Duke too... almost bought the new Firefly, but I resisted temptation.   :P 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1723 on: December 12, 2008, 01:10 PM »
It is a great sculpt, but I've seriously lost count on how many Destros I have - especially since they get put into a box and sent to toy storage hell.  Would have thought that everybody had their fill on that mold by now...

Well, I didn't buy any of the Iron Grenadier comic pack, so I only have one of that sculpt of Destro (gold helmet).  And the only other Desto I have is the one that came in the initial 5-pk.  I've been pretty selective of what I've bought in this line so far.

I just like how that new one looks in the UBP because it seems to combine elements of both designs, his classic as well as IG version.   :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1724 on: December 12, 2008, 03:34 PM »
I don't know if anyone here is buying these, but BBTS has pics up of Wave 3 of the Combat Heroes line, consisting of the following:

Snake Eyes (Commando)/Cobra Viper
Crimson Guard/Shipwreck
Lady Jaye/Major Bludd
Cobra Commander (Hooded)/Gung Ho

Has anyone here been picking these up?  I've just got the Snake Eyes/Timber SDCC exclusive, but have to admit that I've been tempted to grab some of these when I've seen them.  Our daughter really enjoys playing with the SHS and GH figures, and I thought I might throw a few of these in there as well.  Anyways, like I said, I wasn't sure if anyone here was buying these, but just thought I'd pass it along.