Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352206 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #1260 on: February 12, 2010, 10:06 AM »
Found the new Y-Wing and Ryloth sets at Target this morning.

Me too, that Y-Wing is rad.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: February 14, 2010, 12:06 AM »
I know these sort of take a back seat to the main line news, but its cool to see that the AT-AT is on the way for this line this year as well.  Kind of disappointing to hear that the Cinema Scenes are ending.  They always seemed to be pretty quick sellers here locally, although that may have slowed down a bit recently.  I wonder if that means no exclusive ones or anything from now on (and thus, the end of vehicles too?)  Maybe we will continue to see new vehicles here and there, just in a different form.  Either way, this line has gone a lot further than I ever thought with character selection, so anything else we get is just gravy at this point.  Looks like all the upcoming two packs are CW based, so I wonder if we'll be seeing any more movie stuff in this line past the AT-AT.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: February 14, 2010, 01:37 AM »
I was certainly shocked to read about the end of the Cinema Scenes.  I have to assume that we'll still see more vehicles, just not in the Cinema Scene format?  I need a TIE Fighter!

The AT-AT is going to kick ass.  I may need an army.  ;)

There's some great new 2-packs coming too.  Aurra Sing, Cad Bane, Snow Bunny Padme and the Commandos look awesome.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 01:39 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: February 14, 2010, 02:04 AM »
Yeah, no Cinema Scenes might mean a huge reduction in ride-in vehicles.  OT-wise, sure, gravy and what not.  But almost the only toys my boys play with are clones.  I'm* going to be pretty well disappointed by this line's lack of Clone vehicles.

The Cinema Scenes never seemed to sit at my Targets, but I'm also not so sure my Targets ever put out more than a couple of cases.  They took up a ton of shelf space, and I'm suspecting Wal-Mart got fed up with them as far back as a year ago.

*My 3 year old, however, has already made do.  He probably couldn't tell you what a Turbo Tank is, but he knows Clones need to drive to battle.  They get there in this guy:
(handled dump truck, by LT)

He probably couldn't tell you what a Gunship is, but he knows Clones need to fly into battle.  They get there in the Falcon and/or this guy:
("Rocket" from Little Einsteins, by FP)

I think Hasbro missed a cool opportunity.  Then again, I sometimes think this line was way more collector and parent driven than the 3.75" line has been.

OH, and the AT-AT is AMAZING.  The clones will be very happy to get to battle in THAT guy.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 02:09 AM by The Stolen CCG License »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: February 14, 2010, 03:05 PM »
That AT-AT is just too darned cute!!   :)  Haven't had a whole lot of time to look at any Toy Fair pics, but what is it - $39.99?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: February 14, 2010, 05:27 PM »
Good question!  I haven't come across a price yet.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: February 16, 2010, 05:15 PM »
The AT-AT looks awesome.

Found the Obi-Wan/Fil, Clone Gunner/Rocket BD, and Anakin/ARF Trooper sets at a local Target today.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: February 17, 2010, 03:30 AM »
Was there a Vader/Stormtrooper one?  It was supposed to be the 4th set in the wave, but it wasn't shown at Toy Fair.  Weird.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: February 17, 2010, 10:19 AM »
Was there a Vader/Stormtrooper one?  It was supposed to be the 4th set in the wave, but it wasn't shown at Toy Fair.  Weird.

I noticed that HTS put a Vader/Stormie set up with the new wave (Anakin/ARF, Kenobi/Fil, etc.), although it looks like both are just repacks from previous sets.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: February 17, 2010, 05:18 PM »

I noticed that HTS put a Vader/Stormie set up with the new wave (Anakin/ARF, Kenobi/Fil, etc.), although it looks like both are just repacks from previous sets.

There was Jesse, but I didn't pick up that set because both looked like repacks.  Hopefully, that's the case.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: February 18, 2010, 11:28 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.  I'm pretty sure they're just repacks too, or maybe very subtle repaints.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: February 23, 2010, 03:03 PM »
There's some great new 2-packs coming too.  Aurra Sing, Cad Bane, Snow Bunny Padme and the Commandos look awesome.

Whoa, I don't think I ever looked too closely at some of the photos from the Hasbro booth.  This one shows that Skywalker/Tano pack with flight helmets.  Pretty cool.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 03:14 PM by The Stolen CCG License »

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: March 18, 2010, 04:23 PM »
Here are some Galactic Heroes related Hasbro Q&As from other sites:

Quote from: Yoda's News
Yoda's News: With the Galactic Heroes Cinema Scenes being put "on hold" will we still see the Purchase of the Droids and Kamino set?

Hasbro: Yes, they got pushed out due to Toys 'R Us asking for a re-release of some of their previous Cinema Scenes. We are back on track, and these will be coming later this Spring to Toys 'R Us.

Quote from: Jedi News UK
Jedi News UK: We're sorry to see the Galactic Heroes Cinema Scenes go. What does this mean for Galactic Heroes in terms of future vehicles and additional figures - will we continue to see vehicles or will the 2 packs be the only outlet for Galactic Heroes moving forward (and will we see all four Republic Commandos as Galactic Heroes) and finally, are we likely to see a return to the Cinema Scenes sometime in the future?

Hasbro: Something had to give way to make room for the Galactic Heroes AT-AT, so it was decided to put the Cinema Scenes on hiatus as a mainline offering.  There still may be exclusive Cinema Scenes here and there to take advantage of the cool vehicle library we have built up.  As for the other Commandos, we hope that they will find their way into the lineup at some point, but it won't be for a while if so.

Quote from: Raving Toy Maniac
Raving Toy Maniac: Does the Galactic Heroes AT-AT's head open to allow access to figures? If so, how many figures?

Hasbro: Yes, the head will open to fit one figure.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: March 19, 2010, 12:08 PM »
Thanks for posting those.  It is good to hear that even though the Cinema Scenes are being put on hiatus, that doesn't necessarily mean the end of vehicles.  I'd like to see a few more (specifically from the OT), like a TIE fighter, AT-ST, etc.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 22, 2010, 02:15 PM »
Thanks for posting those.  It is good to hear that even though the Cinema Scenes are being put on hiatus, that doesn't necessarily mean the end of vehicles.  I'd like to see a few more (specifically from the OT), like a TIE fighter, AT-ST, etc.

I wish I could share your optimism.  I'm sorta reading their answer to mean, "we'll be trying to sell TRU on an exclusive purple Mace Windu JSF and an exclusive red-trimmed snowspeeder (with white-gloved Wedge)."  Or whatever.

I am, however, wondering whether or not the AT-AT might be followed up by another $39 mega vehicle next year(?).

Brian, I'm curious what you decided to do about the Y-Wing?  It's a prequel ship, for sure, but still not super far off from the OT model.   ;)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 02:19 PM by The Stolen CCG License »