Author Topic: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 8  (Read 21430 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 8
« Reply #45 on: April 3, 2017, 12:41 PM »
someone seriously dropped the ball on getting this wave out to stores.

Well, hopefully it turns out like the Han/Leia/Phasma wave and they get dumped on us a year from now. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #46 on: April 3, 2017, 01:27 PM »
I haven't seen Cassian/Shoretrooper either. I figure they will show up eventually, ala the Phasma wave but really it's a chokepoint with these figures. The price drop has helped move some, but seems like some people are seeing more Phasma wave come in behind them.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 3, 2017, 06:07 PM »
someone seriously dropped the ball on getting this wave out to stores.

Well, hopefully it turns out like the Han/Leia/Phasma wave and they get dumped on us a year from now. :P

I have the sneaking feeling that dubious honor will fall upon the reissue wave (Tusken Raider, Sandtrooper, Ponda Baba & Proto Fett) just as we're expecting the first wave of SA figures in this line for THE LAST JEDI.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 3, 2017, 06:54 PM »
For the record, I never saw Cassian either.  Jyn was the only one I found in stores.  I bought a lot of 4 Death Troopers on eBay for $75, and I paid $19 shipped for Cassian.

I love that we can still get $13 SA figures on occasion, and I generally hesitate to complain about Hasbro, but the distribution and exclusivity of this line is crap from top to bottom.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: April 3, 2017, 09:09 PM »
Sounds like only the west and southwest saw much of that wave while anything further east didn't see squat.  I know they never got here.  We got a fair amount of the RO wv1 but 2 never surfaced at all.  We got slammed with Phasma wave right at that time and that was all she wrote.  My friend in Seattle tho sent a pic of the endcap of dozens of Cassian tho and that seemed to be a common thing around the west.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #50 on: April 3, 2017, 10:14 PM »
Maybe they will start showing up with the Blu ray release tomorrow.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 4, 2017, 12:19 PM »
Maybe they will start showing up with the Blu ray release tomorrow.

Hahahahahahahaha!  Good one.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 4, 2017, 01:33 PM »
I'm with Jeff on this one.  I'm sure these will hit retail in good numbers, sometime in early 2018.

You know your Star Wars distribution/product management sucks when it is worse than K-Mart's.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 4, 2017, 01:43 PM »
You know your Star Wars distribution/product management sucks when it is worse than K-Mart's.

What's a K-Mart?  Is that like a Stegosaurus?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 5, 2017, 08:57 PM »
It's a real head scratcher on distribution. I felt very lucky to get all the 3.75's because they sold instantly the moment they hit. Same with the 6 inch Scarif. Found him once. BUT, as predicted, I've been seeing Target's 6 inch exclusive everywhere. Why on Earth can Target get an exclusive out there for people to find, but Walmart can't?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 5, 2017, 09:06 PM »
It's a real head scratcher on distribution. I felt very lucky to get all the 3.75's because they sold instantly the moment they hit. Same with the 6 inch Scarif. Found him once. BUT, as predicted, I've been seeing Target's 6 inch exclusive everywhere. Why on Earth can Target get an exclusive out there for people to find, but Walmart can't?

Ditto to all that, except I still haven't seen a Scarif in person.   >:(  I'd be curious to know the order/production quantity on these exclusives.  I used to assume that Target was easier for me to find because I live near headquarters where there are 50 stores in driving distance, but it's clear that circumstances are similar in other parts of the country too.  Both the WM Scarif and ShockTrooper 6" figs seemed to come and go in a blink.  Is it Target's superior distribution or do they just order enough product? 

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 6, 2017, 01:38 AM »
I think it has something to do with the individual WM store and department managers. Like, I try to buy car supplies at WM because it's cheaper than AutoZone or stores like that, but it usually ends up being like a toy hunt where I have to hit 3 different stores because the first two either don't carry specific items I need or have an auto section just as bare as the toy section.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2017, 03:05 PM »
Does anyone know the last time Ponda Baba was available on walmart.com? I have seen him up on Saturdays once in the morning at 8 a.m. Central Time and another at around 1pm or 2pm Central Time. Of course he's only there for 15 minutes though.
I swear it's been 2 months or so since I saw any of the websites post that he was actively available.
Macklunkey!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2017, 03:50 PM »
All of the more recent waves have popped in and out on wm.com.  It's weird.

Did, regarding auto stuff, that's generally a regional thing.  It's why one will have a huge hunting sportsman area another is barely anything.  The auto stuff depends on the area too, generally.  Toys I'm told is a much more generalized thing and thus it's more hit and miss.  Walmart is odd.

It seems like the Scarrif wave never, or barely, made it past the Mississippi because the East got shafted while I know guys in the west who had entire endcaps filled with the wave and wound up with piles of Cassian.  I got Cassian on wm.com but the Trooper I never get a sniff of.  I've never seen a Cassian on pegs, or even repacks to make me think he maybe showed up.

At the same time we got the repacks last year while a lot of folks didn't see the royal guard barely at all. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:36 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2017, 05:06 PM »
Not sure if the Scarif even got past the Missouri River.