Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 230582 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #330 on: February 22, 2009, 11:20 PM »
I wonder if they'll put Stratos back into production. Three days is awfully fast to sell out, especially for one that most people weren't sure they wanted (me included.)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 23, 2009, 08:50 AM »
I'm kind of surprised to see the sell-out on Stratos, particularly that fast.  Like you mentioned, it seemed like a figure quite a few people were on the fence about, and it sold faster than Skeletor or He-Man?  Either the production run was lower, or the line is gaining a little bit of heat right now (or both).  I ordered one right away, and it will hopefully be here this week, but like Ben mentioned - I wonder if this one won't be ramped up into production again.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 23, 2009, 09:13 AM »
Scalpers are playing a big role in the quick sellouts.  I think the limit is 10 per customer.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 23, 2009, 09:17 AM »
Scalpers are playing a big role in the quick sellouts.  I think the limit is 10 per customer.

That's sort of what I was wondering as well.  I see that prices on ebay for these figures (He-Man/Skeletor in particular) have been fairly high lately - at least last time I looked.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 23, 2009, 09:28 AM »
I picked up Stratos mainly because I figured this would happen.  I missed out on he-man and beastman, and was unsure if I really wanted Stratos.  But given how quickly they've sold, and how expensive they are on the secondary market, I didn't want to risk missing it. 
I figure it's mainly scalpers that have caused them to sell out so quickly.  You would think that if they are selling that quickly though, Mattel may want to rethink the size of the production run.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #335 on: February 23, 2009, 10:13 AM »
I wouldn't worry so much about Stratos, perfect figure to re-release with blue wings.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 23, 2009, 01:19 PM »
I really think that Mattel should lower the limit to 3 or 4 of each, especially for a figure like Faker, since half the run of that figure has been sold already.

10 of each is a little much, but I don't think Mattel has much of a reason to change that since even a character like Stratos can sell that quickly, and they like to see that.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 23, 2009, 05:33 PM »
I really think that Mattel should lower the limit to 3 or 4 of each, especially for a figure like Faker, since half the run of that figure has been sold already.

10 of each is a little much, but I don't think Mattel has much of a reason to change that since even a character like Stratos can sell that quickly, and they like to see that.

Yeah, I could see a lower limit as well.  I mean, really, unless you're re-selling them - why would you ever need 10 Stratos figures?  Unless you've got a huge family with kids that all want MOTU figures of their own (doubtful these days especially), it doesn't seem like there would be a lot of need for orders that large.  But, like you said, if they're selling out I doubt Mattel is going to want to change.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 24, 2009, 02:00 AM »
I can understand 10 per order for international orders, since that helps overseas fans avoid a customs charge, but I just can't see it for US buyers. I guess I'll just have to order Faker ASAP to avoid the inevitable quick sellout. If they'd change the limit for just that figure, they should be OK.

I can only imagine the bloodbath that will be Mer-Man and Hordak, since those figures seem to be pretty awesome, especially if the production #'s on Hordak aren't upped a little bit.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 24, 2009, 09:08 AM »
Three should be the limit.  One to keep carded, one to play with, and one to give to your friend.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 24, 2009, 11:08 AM »
As a collector, I agree that Mattel should lower the 10 figure limit.  From thier perspective though, they don't care - they just want to sell the figures and not get stuck holding stock.  But if they are selling out this fast, then it would seem foolish not to increase the numbers somewhat.  They don't get anything from the secondary market, so any people who can't get the figures due to sellout are lost sales/revenue.
Because it's a new line, and somewhat of an unknown commodity for demand, I think it'll take them a few figures to get it right.  But hopefully very soon they will find a balance so that he figures remain available for about a month, and then sell out right around the time the new ones hit.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 27, 2009, 12:54 PM »
Received my Stratos from Mattycollector today. I'm glad I picked him up now. He's actually pretty neat.  :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 27, 2009, 08:56 PM »
Limit on Faker figures set to 4

This is good. I just traded for a Faker, but for those who didn't, this is really good news.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 6, 2009, 12:00 AM »
Masters of the Universe line has evolved a lot since the 80´s, remember how short were the action figures limbs.

they evolved from naif to realistic.

But seems they still have rubber head (I´ve never collected any motu)

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 10, 2009, 12:14 PM »
I ordered Stratos the day he went up, but haven't seen him yet.  Is anyone else still waiting for him?  I'm wondering if I should be contacting Mattel/MattyCollector?