Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 263032 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #1140 on: May 1, 2023, 01:48 AM »
They don't have anything particularly rare, but KidsWarehouse currently has some discounted TVC & Black Series figures, including a few TVC figures at $6.99 & 501st Clones for under $10.
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 4, 2023, 11:02 AM »
File under May the 4th deals:

The Vintage Collection OBI-Wan Kenobi Multipack Toys, 3.75-Inch-Scale Action Figures
Was $50.99, now $32.99
Includes Obi-Wan Kenobi, Teeka the Jawa and the Purge Trooper in phase 2 armor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09SBL687Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1142 on: May 4, 2023, 11:41 AM »
The Vintage Collection OBI-Wan Kenobi Multipack Toys, 3.75-Inch-Scale Action Figures
Was $50.99, now $32.99

[collectormath]buy army builder Jawa and Purge Trooper; get a free Obi-Wan![/collectormath] :D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: May 4, 2023, 12:21 PM »
Was $50.99, now $32.99

[collectormath]buy army builder Jawa and Purge Trooper; get a free Obi-Wan![/collectormath] :D

See?????

I ordered that a couple of hours ago, and already got a notification that it will be delivered today.  I guess having an Amazon DC in town isn't that bad.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2023, 12:21 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1144 on: May 22, 2023, 09:16 AM »
Some of the Troop 4-Packs are down to $29.98 at Disney

AOTC Clone Troopers

ESB Echo Base Rebels

Imperial Death Troopers

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: May 24, 2023, 05:14 PM »
Sale? I believe two “sales” in a row is approaching clearance territory.

The Echo Base Rebel set is one of the 4-packs that I was less enthusiastic about when it was announced. And it has to do with the timing. The reissue of the VC068 Echo Base Trooper seemed a little too close to the release of this set. There can actually be too much of a good thing!

This might also point out one thing about the troop builder 4-packs that's lost on Hasbro - WE KNOW THAT EACH OF THESE 4-PACKS IS COMPRISED OF PREVIOUSLY RELEASED TVC FIGURES. That takes away some of the excitement of a release like this. Collectors who do troop building are already ahead of the curve on Hasbro when it comes to new troopers. Witness the collector that buys solid cases of troopers when they're initially released.

Perhaps it's time to reverse the formula? Release a 4-pack first, and then a slightly revised version as a TVC carded figure down the line. The re-use of tooling is still there. And creative re-use for a basic carded figure can proceed from there.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: May 24, 2023, 06:01 PM »
I bought a bunch of extras of these around Black Friday or Christmas when they were similarly priced and just don't need more.

The price is right for sure, but I have two Deathtrooper packs and two Shoretrooper packs in a cabinet just waiting to get used somewhere...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: May 27, 2023, 09:45 AM »
They only have Hoth Soldiers left but you can stack EXTRA25 with SHIPMAGIC and get four of those sets for $89.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1148 on: May 28, 2023, 08:13 PM »
Targets around here have Darktroopers on sale for $18.54 (through 6/3/23). I passed today but may have to pick a few more up at that price.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: May 28, 2023, 09:56 PM »
That’s basically the price I had mine all preordered at.  I bought 12 and once I had them all set up, it felt like too many.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1150 on: June 12, 2023, 09:40 AM »
Hasbro Pulse "Power Days" Sales Event -

Power Sale 2023 Terms & Conditions

PREMIUM TERMS: Save 35% when you spend $75 or more on select, eligible items, currently for sale on HasbroPulse.com in the Hasbro Pulse Power Days Sales Collection with code POWERDAYS35 beginning Monday, June 12, 2023, at 9AM/ET through Monday, June 26, 2023, at 9AM/ET (“Promotion”). Promotion valid for Hasbro Pulse Premium Member accounts only. Promotion applies to pre-tax and pre-shipping and handling amount. No rain checks. Not valid on previous orders. Cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. Promotion excludes special bundle deals, Hasbro Pulse Premium Membership fee, and HasLab campaigns. Valid while supplies last. Subject to HasbroPulse.com Terms of Use and Policies. ©2023 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.

NON-PREMIUM TERMS: Save 15% when you spend $75 or more on select, eligible items, currently for sale on HasbroPulse.com in the Hasbro Pulse Power Days Sales Collection with code POWERDAYS15 beginning Monday, June 12, 2023, at 9AM/ET through Monday, June 26, 2023, at 9AM/ET (“Promotion”). Promotion applies to pre-tax and pre-shipping and handling amount. No rain checks. Not valid on previous orders. Cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. Promotion excludes special bundle deals, Hasbro Pulse Premium Membership fee, and HasLab campaigns. Valid while supplies last. Subject to HasbroPulse.com Terms of Use and Policies. ©2023 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1151 on: June 12, 2023, 06:48 PM »
Amazon has the 40th Anniversary Speeder Bike listed at $30.00 and I’ve seen pictures of Walmarts discounting them as well… I of course had just bought another one at full price last week and already opened it.

(Jeff, feel free to toss an affiliate link on here.)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 01:56 PM by Jeff »
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: June 12, 2023, 07:09 PM »
Just came here to post that... for $30 I bought another one.  Every time they go less than the currently lowest I'll buy another one. 

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #1153 on: June 13, 2023, 10:25 AM »
Just came here to post that... for $30 I bought another one.  Every time they go less than the currently lowest I'll buy another one.

That's my policy too. And kind of a fun game with a prize at the end (that I have to pay for).
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: June 13, 2023, 10:49 AM »
That is a pretty sweet deal.  If I didn't already have piles of speederbikes I'd probably get more.  I'm also assuming this will get re-released with Endor Luke, Leia, Ewok, etc.