Author Topic: 2023 Black Series 6" Deluxe Dark Trooper  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2023 Black Series 6" Deluxe Dark Trooper
« on: February 7, 2022, 09:21 PM »
Up for pre-order tomorrow, Tuesday 2/8 @ 1pm ET (unless they totally FUBAR it again this week :P):

(Note: the $2 price increase rears it's head again)

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH DARK TROOPER Figure
(HASBRO/Age 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $33.99/Available: Spring 2023)  
THE MANDALORIAN fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the STAR WARS galaxy with this premium BLACK SERIES 6-INCH DARK TROOPER figure, inspired by THE MANDALORIAN. This STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES figure comes with 5 entertainment-inspired accessories that make a great addition to any STAR WARS collection. Fans and collectors can display this fully articulated figure featuring poseable head, arms, and legs, as well as premium deco, in their collection. The figure is detailed to look like the DARK TROOPER character from THE MANDALORIAN and features premium detail and multiple points of articulation. Available for preorder beginning 2/8 at 1pm EST.

More pics available on JD Twitter.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 Black Series 6" Deluxe Dark Trooper
« Reply #1 on: February 7, 2022, 11:38 PM »
$34???  What makes this deluxe?

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 8, 2022, 10:10 AM »

The fact that it is a fully tooled figure with parts that can't be amortized down the line, like Har Jar Binks was. This isn't Yavin Luke with a Walrus Man head, so you gotta pay for the tooling.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 8, 2022, 10:12 AM »

Hasbro is going to say it's because it's "too big for the basic line" like Wrecker or Grievous.  (But we all know it's because they know you'll pay it and you'll still army build him.  >:D)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 8, 2022, 11:15 AM »
I just love how they included the rocket exhaust feature and showed a promo photo of the figure flying....

....but don't include any kind of a stand in order to pull off that pose.

And I'm curious.  If you buy the Deluxe Dark Trooper at Hasbro Pulse, will you somehow wind up being steered to this page in order to augment your purchase?

Pardon me, but my cynicism has been welling up a bit lately.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: February 8, 2022, 01:01 PM »
Amazon - https://amzn.to/3LgKTOx #sponsoredlink

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 8, 2022, 01:22 PM »
Whew, just spent a lot of money spreading my bets on these. I ordered two from Pulse, two from Dorkside, and two from Amazon. Kept looking for a better deal figuring I could cancel down the line. Amazon seems to be the winner at $33.99 and Free Shipping. Thanks for the link, Jeff!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 9, 2022, 11:02 AM »
Whew, just spent a lot of money spreading my bets on these. I ordered two from Pulse, two from Dorkside, and two from Amazon. Kept looking for a better deal figuring I could cancel down the line. Amazon seems to be the winner at $33.99 and Free Shipping. Thanks for the link, Jeff!

I did the same, kind of by accident.  I could only find it on Pulse to start with, so ordered him with Jin.  Then I thought about what I just spent for 2 of each figure plus shipping and went looking for a better deal.  Found 2 more of these on Amazon, so ordered there too, then I found them for $2 less on Target preorder, so ordered 2 there as well.  I'm not going to pay for six Dark Troopers, but I am going to hold onto all my orders for now to see how things play out.  You never know when Target or Amazon are going to cancel theirs.

I also got into it with a guy on FB who was bragging about ordering 30 of these from Amazon.  I totally get army building and I don't want to tell anyone else what the right number is.  But I feel like that number is somewhere below 30.  He was trying to argue that Hasbro has an endless supply of them and will just make more, which I actually think is how it should be, but as he was defending his purchase it started selling out everywhere.   ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: February 9, 2022, 11:36 AM »
I also got into it with a guy on FB who was bragging about ordering 30 of these from Amazon.

30x$34 = $1020 plus tax.  For one figure? :o

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 9, 2022, 11:42 AM »
I also got into it with a guy on FB who was bragging about ordering 30 of these from Amazon.

30x$34 = $1020 plus tax.  For one figure? :o

Yep. He posted the order confirmation.  It was like $80 in taxes, but he had a $32 gift card, so there's that.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2022, 01:46 PM »
I was a little shocked to see that the Dark Trooper, which was only listed two days ago, AND WON'T BE DELIVERED FOR A YEAR, is sold out on Hasbro Pulse.  WTAF?!?!?

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2022, 01:48 PM »
I was a little shocked to see that the Dark Trooper, which was only listed two days ago, AND WON'T BE DELIVERED FOR A YEAR, is sold out on Hasbro Pulse.  WTAF?!?!?

Sold out all over.  Amazon only had them for about 20 minutes from what I heard.  I think a lot of these will open up though.  People bought up extra and on multiple sites.  There's no penalty to cancelling preorders these days, so people just grab extra in case on retailer falls through or has significant delays.  I have 6 of them on order through 3 different sites, but will probably cancel two of them when it gets closer.  I just don't want to cancel them, then find out my Target order was cancelled, which has happened before.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2022, 02:13 PM »
I guess we have to blame the guy who bought 30 of them.

I got mine on Amazon.  I was trying to do some army building in the 6" scale but it gets expensive in a hurry.  I'll army build these in 3.75" when it gets released.  Not IF, but WHEN.  It's just a matter of time.

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2022, 10:43 AM »
I had to order mine from Big Bad Toy Store. I debated ordering a second, but at that price, one is good for now. I'll probably change my mind, but I'm somewhat holding out for a MAFEX or SH Figuarts version from Japan.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2022, 09:46 AM »
I got an updated shipping date from Amazon.  The TBS deluxe Dark Trooper should be arriving next week.

Feedback