Author Topic: Hasbro Pulse 2023 TBOBF Throne Room Playset  (Read 7564 times)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Pulse 2023 TBOBF Throne Room Playset
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2023, 01:16 PM »
I wonder what the Bib Fortuna's will sell for... if I wanted to do two, I could also sell just the second Bib.

I presold mine to a guy who messaged me about buying it for $100 about a week ago. We will see how that goes, but I knew I wasn't keeping it from the beginning,  I don't like opening limited edition carded figures and I don't like collecting carded figures. But I will take the discount on the playset as such.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2023, 03:00 PM »
$488 for two of these... I'd planned on putting one with ROTJ and one with BOBF, but I might leave one sealed and consider selling it later.

Yeah, this did not turn out like I was expecting...

I pre-ordered two of these.   :-[

Plenty of time to change my mind, but for now I'm planning to make room for one with ROTJ Jabba & crew and one with TBOBF figures...  assuming they do more than just Boba, Fennec, Mando.  Bring on the Gamorrean Bodyguards, Black K, 8D8, and heck even the Mod kids I guess.

I just cancelled my order for two and placed a new order for one.

When Hasbro announced the set as a "Book of Boba Fett" item, I took that as a hint that they were planning to crank out a bunch of BOBF palace figures to go with it.  Well, here we are 18 months later and... nope.  Sure, they made Krrsantan, but no BOBF Gam Guards or Bacta Tank or Speeder Kids or Mayor's Majordomo or Machete Rancor Trainer to put in it.

What did they announce/release in those 18 months since this was shown in Feb 2022?
- repack Yakface, Nikto, Woof, Barada, Weequay
- new 4-pack of Tessek, Ree-Yees, Velken Tezeri, Taym Dren-Garen
- new Jabba/Crumb/8D8 set

That tells me all I really need to know about the real intentions behind this playset.  My new plan is to display this the way Hasbro did at SDCC this past year - use the bulk of the playset with the 2024 Jabba/dais for a ROTJ set-up and then pull the included dais/throne out for a separate "Boba murders Bib Fatuna" scene.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 03:13 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2023, 06:58 PM »
That's not a bad idea.  I'm going to hang onto the second one for now and decide later, but yeah maybe I don't need a big throne room situation twice on these shelves... I could use the smaller older Walmart stuff for a BOBF throne room and get this down to just one purchase. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2023, 09:35 PM »
My throne room set is definitely going to be devoted to a ROTJ display.  And I think my POTF2 Jabba's Palace plus the dais / throne from the new set will go with this for a TBOBF display.

But I am definitely wondering what Hasbro expects us to put in a TBOBF display.  Because right now it's extremely limited.  There's 4 figures total, IIRC.  And it's going to be a year before that 8D8 comes out.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2023, 07:42 PM »
No matter what people think of
TBoB (or other series or the Sequel Trilogy), they have toyriffic characters. Hope Hasbro makes them in 3-3/4", and sooner rather later.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2023, 07:23 AM »
Agreed - TBOBF was definitely toyetic.  But Hasbro's turnaround time developing figure lines has been pretty slow.  That's largely attributable to LFL holding their assets closely in order to protect against spoilers.  But you have to think that maybe they can figure out a way to release some assets early to Hasbro in order to capitalize on interest in the show with new figures and vice versa.

As for what I'd like to see augment the Throne Room from TBOBF?
-Boba's Gamorrean Guard(s)
-Night Wind assassin
-Trandoshan or Aqualish gang members
-Boba Fett's Rancor with Danny Trejo's Rancor keeper

I'm just not there with the Mods.  Not yet.

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2023, 09:11 AM »
-Night Wind assassin

I'd also take some of those cooking droids - could use them with the bbq part of the playset.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2023, 09:40 PM »
Agreed - TBOBF was definitely toyetic.  But Hasbro's turnaround time developing figure lines has been pretty slow.  That's largely attributable to LFL holding their assets closely in order to protect against spoilers.  But you have to think that maybe they can figure out a way to release some assets early to Hasbro in order to capitalize on interest in the show with new figures and vice versa.

-Night Wind assassin

To be fair to Hasbro (and I admittedly don't do that often), if it takes roughly 18 months to develop a new toy, and they don't get any character designs ahead of time, then they're actually whipping these out pretty fast.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2023, 09:32 AM »
^ so if this is the case, how are the HK-47 and Morgan Elsbeth TVC figures already arriving in the US, the shoe started less than four weeks ago.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2023, 10:29 AM »
if it takes roughly 18 months to develop a new toy, and they don't get any character designs ahead of time, then they're actually whipping these out pretty fast.

^ so if this is the case, how are the HK-47 and Morgan Elsbeth TVC figures already arriving in the US, the shoe started less than four weeks ago.

I think it's somewhere in-between these two cases.  Luke in TFA, Grogu in S1 of TM - Hasbro didn't get to see any of that ahead of time so it took a long time to get figures.  Other stuff, especially stuff in teaser trailers or early promos, they get to see all of that so the figures come a lot sooner.

We knew about Ahsoka, Sabine, Hera really early.  Shooting on Ahsoka was done in Sep/Oct 2022.  HK and Elsbeth were already revealed in TM, so it was probably easier to get LFL to share the info on them for figures.  A character like Jacen, who was kept under wraps for longer, probably takes longer to get revealed to them.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2023, 11:00 AM »

-Night Wind assassin

To be fair to Hasbro (and I admittedly don't do that often), if it takes roughly 18 months to develop a new toy, and they don't get any character designs ahead of time, then they're actually whipping these out pretty fast.

Generally speaking?  Yes.  We're now 21 months past the premiere date of The Book of Boba Fett.  We got Boba Fett and Fennec Shand reasonably fast relative to the December 2021 premiere, plus the repaint of Slave I with Boba Fett (Tusken).  And that puts us about 19 months past the end of the 8 episode season.

The timing actually bears out with the following releases in the past couple of months:
-The Tusken Warrior, Cad Bane and Boba Fett (Tusken) TVC basic figures
-Tusken Raiders 4-pack
-SDCC exclusive TVC Deluxe Krrsantan

And the TVC basic and deluxe versions of Jedi Academy Luke Skywalker as well as the TVC deluxe Krrsantan should be arriving soon.

I suppose we can speculate about what characters Hasbro might decide to address from that show since we're in the window where newly revealed characters might arrive in the line.  And that would also lead you to believe that another cluster of characters from the OWK series might be coming, too.  As for figures from ANDOR?  I'm thinking next spring/summer.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2023, 04:02 PM »
Just got a shipping notice!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2023, 08:55 AM »
Just got a shipping notice!

Got my shipping notice this morning...

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2023, 03:40 PM »
Mine just landed on my doorstep.  That is a much larger box than expected.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2023, 04:07 PM »
Yeah mine got here yesterday.  I’m planning on opening it Saturday.   It’s going to be a little bit of a project to get it onto the shelf.