Author Topic: Hasbro Pulse 2023 TBOBF Throne Room Playset  (Read 6093 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Pulse 2023 TBOBF Throne Room Playset
« Reply #60 on: April 8, 2023, 07:55 PM »
I thought it was going to be a Spring release, but it says Fall on my order.  Was it always Fall, or did it get pushed back?  I don’t recall.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 8, 2023, 08:19 PM »
It was 9/1. I had it burned in my mind so I knew how long til I could cancel.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 9, 2023, 10:35 AM »
It was 9/1. I had it burned in my mind so I knew how long til I could cancel.

Thanks, Nick!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 7, 2023, 10:59 AM »
Oh, **** it.  I pre-ordered two of these.   :-[

Plenty of time to change my mind, but for now I'm planning to make room for one with ROTJ Jabba & crew and one with TBOBF figures...  assuming they do more than just Boba, Fennec, Mando.  Bring on the Gamorrean Bodyguards, Black K, 8D8, and heck even the Mod kids I guess.

So I was thinking about this today.  I did the same thing as you Jeff and ordered an extra one for ROTJ, but Hasbro’s recent track record has me expecting that a Jabba specific version could follow this one within a relatively short while.  What do we think the odds of that are? 

I haven’t looked at photos of the throne room between ROTJ and BOBF… are there even significant differences?  I’d love to just open two and be done with it, but if something more accurate is coming out later I’ll leave the second one boxed up for now so it’s easier to flip later to pay for the hypothetical second version.

Online Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #64 on: May 7, 2023, 12:59 PM »
I just bought one to make a Jabba's palace and I'm going to take the small throne and put a deluxe Baba Fett on it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #65 on: May 7, 2023, 01:21 PM »
I just bought one to make a Jabba's palace and I'm going to take the small throne and put a deluxe Baba Fett on it.

That's my plan as well. I could not justify the $460.00 for two identical sets that I barely would have room to display anyways. If they do end up making a Jabba's specific version later, I'd potentially consider it, but it would have to include some very special unique pieces in it for me to even remotely consider justifying buying another one of these.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2023, 06:48 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 7, 2023, 03:08 PM »
That’s not a bad idea at all… ultimately I like to put things on the shelf with the scenes that Hasbro made them for.  But I care infinitely more about having a ROTJ palace than a BOBF one.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 7, 2023, 07:24 PM »
I only ordered one throne room set.  Two would have just been too much for me.  And I’m going to make this a Jabba’s palace display.  Combining it with the Walmart exclusive Jabba’s palace adventure set will definitely augment that, along with the throne from the SOTDS Jabba. 

As for a Book of Boba Fett display?  I still have the old POTF2 Jabba’s palace display.  Combine that with the throne from the new Throne Room set, along with another of the Jabba’s palace adventure set?  I’m pretty sure I have three of them.  Overall I think it’s going to make a good display for TBOBF. 
« Last Edit: May 7, 2023, 07:26 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 7, 2023, 08:55 PM »
That’s not a bad idea at all… ultimately I like to put things on the shelf with the scenes that Hasbro made them for.  But I care infinitely more about having a ROTJ palace than a BOBF one.

If you don't want to use the throne, let me know.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my fat Bib Fortuna yet.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #69 on: May 8, 2023, 09:22 AM »
I'm probably going to sell the main structure of the set (archway, etc), but keep the accessories and Bib Fortuna. If anyone is interested in that, or if you know someone who would be, let me know.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: May 8, 2023, 11:15 AM »
Oh, **** it.  I pre-ordered two of these.   :-[

Plenty of time to change my mind, but for now I'm planning to make room for one with ROTJ Jabba & crew and one with TBOBF figures...  assuming they do more than just Boba, Fennec, Mando.  Bring on the Gamorrean Bodyguards, Black K, 8D8, and heck even the Mod kids I guess.

So I was thinking about this today.  I did the same thing as you Jeff and ordered an extra one for ROTJ, but Hasbro’s recent track record has me expecting that a Jabba specific version could follow this one within a relatively short while.  What do we think the odds of that are? 

I haven’t looked at photos of the throne room between ROTJ and BOBF… are there even significant differences?  I’d love to just open two and be done with it, but if something more accurate is coming out later I’ll leave the second one boxed up for now so it’s easier to flip later to pay for the hypothetical second version.

My plan was to open one for ROTJ and then see where we are at with BOBF figures before opening the second one.  In all honesty, I thought we'd be farther along in TBOBF figures at this point than just Boba Fett and Fennic with Krrsantan/Bib Fatuna on the way.  I'll likely keep the second one sealed in case I need to flip it if there aren't enough TBOBF figures to make a second display worth it.

There were some rumblings that a 40th Anniv ROTJ Jabba the Hutt repack of the one that came with the Barge is coming to support this set, but that may have been people getting wires crossed with the Black Series Jabba repack that was announced.

I know Hasbro loves double-dipping but I thought Emily and/or Chris was on record saying this one was designed to be used for either TBOBF or Jabba (in one of the videos they did, they showed what Jabba looks like on the dais) and was likely a one-shot deal.  Double-dipping a set like this at $230 seems like a big ask... but then again they keep double-dipping that $200 Slave I so I guess it's possible.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 8, 2023, 01:35 PM »
Bib Fatuna

I laughed way too hard at this.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 8, 2023, 03:52 PM »
I know Hasbro loves double-dipping but I thought Emily and/or Chris was on record saying this one was designed to be used for either TBOBF or Jabba (in one of the videos they did, they showed what Jabba looks like on the dais) and was likely a one-shot deal.  Double-dipping a set like this at $230 seems like a big ask... but then again they keep double-dipping that $200 Slave I so I guess it's possible.

That would be ideal for me.  I can just open the second one and be done with it all together.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2023, 10:13 AM »
To go along with the Jabba set, Hasbro has re-opened the pre-order for the Throne Room playset saying "Limited quantities now available".

https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-boba-fett-s-throne-room
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2023, 01:38 PM »
The odd part is that the BoBF playset comes with a dais.
This is the way.

I have spoken.