Author Topic: Mando Mania Reveals for Black Series  (Read 794 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Mando Mania Reveals for Black Series
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2023, 11:30 AM »
When Hasbro was talking about the new R2-D2 they said that they were very aware of the issues regarding the scale of the first R2 that had been the basis for the Black Series astromechs.  So for the new version of R2 they went to great lengths to get accurate measurements of the on screen renditions of R2 so that the new Black Series sculpt would be appropriately sized in TBS.  This R5-D4 is clearly the product of that investment into the new astromech body. 

BTW, I'm in the same boat regarding the first R5-D4 release - I've got two, and I never opened them either!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2023, 01:07 PM »
Mando Fleet Captain

Amazon -> https://amzn.to/40GM5kH
EE -> https://ee.toys/LPREFP

#sponsored #ad
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 9, 2023, 08:57 AM »
I went to the biggest con I've been to in probably 10 years yesterday.  One of the guests was Carey Jones, who played Krrsantan in The Book of Boba Fett.  What a seriously cool guy!

For the most part I've been getting actors to sign TVC figures.  And I mentioned to him that I wanted to do that with the upcoming Krrsantan figure.  I think he thought I was referring to the Black Series version.  He knew about the rather uninspiring comic version.  But he was really excited about the Black Series version.  He was even able to point out details to me using his iPhone that I hadn't seen -   like the Wookiee pelts/scalps that Santo has hanging from his belt!!!!  It was kind of a grim detail, but I was really happy to see him excited as he was about bringing a new Wookiee to Star Wars,

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #18 on: July 9, 2023, 12:34 PM »
I met him at Colorado Springs Comic Con last year.  He's as big a Star Wars fan than any of us!  He's ready to jump into that suit again!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 3, 2023, 09:54 AM »
I saw the Cad Bane & Cobb Vanth 2-pack this morning at Target.  It looks great, but the price is just too high for me.  I usually don’t advocate people to wait for clearance, but full price for this set is just too much. 

Feedback