Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 417341 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #795 on: December 22, 2004, 02:02 PM »
Yeah, from the pics, the ML Doc Ock is worlds better...and one of my most anticipated Legends of the year.  Hopefully they will show up everywhere so people can start finding these figs.  I've all but decided that if I collect anything extensively outside of Star Wars from now on, its going to be the Legends line...but if I can't find them locally, I might have to reconsider.  Here's hoping they start showing up at stores in greater numbers after Christmas or something.  I read over on the TNI forums that some people are starting to find the Sinister Six boxset at Wal-Mart, and that they are supposed to be on the "post Christmas reset".  I really hope that is true.  A couple of people who found it even said it was around $20, but I'd be surprised if that was the case...although it would be nice.

It is kind of sad really, if Toy Biz could get the figures into the stores and stop with the shortpacking nonsense, this line could really be taking off now.  It looks like it could be a heck of a year for Marvel Legends, and these consistent problems are only going to start scaring collectors off.  Hopefully they will get it all resolved.  Looks like it could be an expensive year the way it is, with a lot of great figures out there.  I think I'm going to try to limit myself to Spidey and his "world", the X-Men, possibly the Fantastic Four (boxset), and then a few odd characters like a Captain America and an Iron Man.  I'm really hoping that Wave 8 shows around here, because it has many of the figures I'm looking forward to:  Doc Ock, Iceman, Cap, Iron Man, Storm.  Hopefully the Mrs. won't mind me continuing collecting outside of the Star Wars world ;).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #796 on: December 22, 2004, 04:06 PM »
Thanks for the comments on the Ock guys.  Now I'm in a real quandry.  I already picked up the Black Cat figure from the box set.  I can (apparently) live without the S6 Doc Ock.  I already have a venom, so even though the new one is better articulated, I could be happy with what I have.  That leaves only Electro, Green Goblin and Kraven to pick up.  Kraven is still on the pegs here, so down to two.  Any word on another release of GG? 

Off to ebay...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #797 on: December 22, 2004, 04:23 PM »
I haven't heard anything on GG or Electro.  I'd buy them both, and the Venom too if you can get it cheap.  No large tongue marring his appearance. 

I guess Ock has 61 POA but that includes Tentacle Joints

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #798 on: December 22, 2004, 05:04 PM »
I haven't heard anything on GG or Electro.  I'd buy them both, and the Venom too if you can get it cheap.  No large tongue marring his appearance. 

I guess Ock has 61 POA but that includes Tentacle Joints

There are some loose on there, but starting at $9.99 each.  Lots of boxes going by on ebay for $39 without selling, so might as well pick that up anyhoo. 

I used pliers to pull out Venom's tongue on the first version, so mine doesn't have the tongue either :P  It's a peg fit, so it can actually be put back in.  Initially it's glued and I thought for sure I'd rip Venom's head off when I was pulling it out.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #799 on: December 23, 2004, 10:15 AM »
Sounds like Hulk Classic Abomination and Absorbing Man will be in the Spider-Man Classic Two Packs at Target, which is cool because I want an Abomination :)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #800 on: December 23, 2004, 10:17 AM »
I hope so, I still need both of them and don't want to pay an arm and a leg for them.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #801 on: December 23, 2004, 03:55 PM »
Sounds like Hulk Classic Abomination and Absorbing Man will be in the Spider-Man Classic Two Packs at Target, which is cool because I want an Abomination :)

Where did you read that.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #802 on: December 23, 2004, 04:24 PM »
At RTM, Fwoosh and AFT ;)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #803 on: December 23, 2004, 06:45 PM »
At RTM, Fwoosh and AFT ;)

Cool.

So did anyone get Dark Phoenix from amazon?  ::)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #804 on: December 24, 2004, 12:36 AM »
Not here.

But I did see the FF boxed set at Wal-Mart tonight. Pretty neat, but not $30 neat. I wasn't going to pay that much for the weakest links in the FF, plus Thing with a stupid grin on his face.

I'm getting quite tired of ML lately, plus the upcoming series really aren't blowing up my skirt.
I'm not sure if I'm going to get rid of what I have. If I could trade 'em off for all the LOTR and SW figures I'm missing, I might do it. Fairly undecided right now.

Of course, if I found Apocalypse, Red Skull, and Dark Phoenix, that would change my mind quick.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #805 on: December 24, 2004, 10:10 AM »
I've been lucky enough/stupid enough to pay more to get what I wanted.  Dark Phoenix is a bit of a bane, but I can live without her, if I have to.  Red Skull was one I could not and I paid $30 for him. 

Figures they are putting out a two pack ::)  It's great news and all, but I paid $25 for Creel off ebay already, so it's a bit of a disappointment.  On the outside chance anyone just needs absorbing man, I only really need the Abomination figure, so we could split, if necessary.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #806 on: December 25, 2004, 05:33 PM »
Quick question, how much was the S6 box set?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #807 on: December 26, 2004, 01:41 AM »
I'll say $35 and that's what I sort of remember...I think

PS Brent,  Got Ice Man and Storm for you.  And, while you say you don't need Cap, this one Ultimate one is pretty awesome.  I'll say just screwing around with him that they finally figured out the loose joint problem.  Amazing figure :)

PS Thanks for picking up those LOTR figs :) ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #808 on: December 26, 2004, 09:19 PM »
Oh hell, just send Cap up.  If I don't like it, I'm sure I can get drewlam to take it. 

No worries on the LOTR stuff.  Your box is pretty full right now, but I'll have a couple more days to check around before sending it, so I'll see if I can fill a couple of other holes.  I'll send you a list of what's coming once I have it all boxed up, so you know what you do and do not need.

Thanks for the answer on the box set, then $39.95 is not bad on ebay. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #809 on: December 27, 2004, 10:34 AM »
I just wanted to share with everyone that my girlfriend got me Marvel Legends Series 8, Goliath, Doombot, Vision, and Scorpion for Christmas.