Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

2024 TVC AHSOKA E-Wing Fighter with KE4-N4

<< < (2/8) > >>

Matt_Fury:
Looks cool, love the droid (and it's a carded release).  I don't understand why they could not announce this in the livestream.

P-Siddy:

--- Quote from: Matt_Fury on February  7, 2024, 10:56 AM ---I don't understand why they could not announce this in the livestream.

--- End quote ---

IMO, It's nice to have some surprises.

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: P-Siddy on February  7, 2024, 11:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: Matt_Fury on February  7, 2024, 10:56 AM ---I don't understand why they could not announce this in the livestream.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I agree!  Some surprises are welcome.  Especially following the reactions to the last livestream.  So many people were disappointed with the figure reveals because they already knew that each one was coming.  Granted, that was compounded somewhat by the figures that were pipelined at the end of that livestream.  But overall I think a surprise announcement is a cool thing.

I'm not usually one to take Hasbro's side on the way they do business, but it didn't go unnoticed how they're structuring the preorders for this E-Wing.  A preorder window of under 1 month plays up on collector FOMO.  And it's a big middle finger to the clearance vultures.  It's funny, some people at the SW The Vintage Collection FB group were commenting about buying the E-Wing on clearance.  What magical thinking led them to believe that Hasbro will put it on clearance before March 5th?  And they seriously believe that the Disney Parks would put this on clearance before 2025? 

Clearance vultures REALLY hurt the vehicle segment of Hasbro's Star Wars line.  Any time an exclusive vehicle got announced there would be a chorus of people saying "I'll buy it on clearance".  And they wonder why Target won't offer exclusive vehicles anymore?  It seems like Hasbro is forcing an uncomfortable conversation with some of these people.

P-Siddy:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on February  7, 2024, 11:32 AM ---Clearance vultures REALLY hurt the vehicle segment of Hasbro's Star Wars line.  Any time an exclusive vehicle got announced there would be a chorus of people saying "I'll buy it on clearance".  And they wonder why Target won't offer exclusive vehicles anymore?  It seems like Hasbro is forcing an uncomfortable conversation with some of these people.

--- End quote ---

And bravo to Hasbro for doing so.  Why should a group of people ruin it for the rest of us?  The clearance vultures are a vocal group and now we are starting to hear them say the same things about figures in both scales: "Hey! If I can get these at Ross or Ollies down the road for 70+% off, I might as well wait."  That's not going to help us get new figures in the line, nor is it going to instill confidence in the product if the retailers can't sell it in their stores.

--- Quote from: Nicklab on February  7, 2024, 11:32 AM ---It's funny, some people at the SW The Vintage Collection FB group were commenting about buying the E-Wing on clearance.

--- End quote ---

The group should actually encourage these people to wait for the E-wing to hit clearance and then laugh at them when they realized they've shot themselves in the foot.

Rob:

--- Quote from: P-Siddy on February  7, 2024, 11:20 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Honestly I kind of miss the days when Hasbro would just announce a ton of stuff at Toy Fair, and then a ton more at Comic Con and that was that.  It always felt like a huge event, and you always had big announcements to look forward to when your list started dwindling.  Now it's like 2 things here and 3 things there and it's usually underwhelming - although a lot of that is probably because they put out so much underwhelming pieces...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version