Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 243910 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #855 on: December 18, 2007, 08:50 AM »
People who complain about getting Christmas cards with only kids on them.

2nd that.  I don't want to put my fat ass on a Christmas card - my kids are much cuter.  Besides, it's hard enough to get a decent picture of the two of them, let alone all four of us...........
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: December 18, 2007, 09:28 AM »
I can't stand seeing people with higher end vehicles at fast food drive thrus.  It's obvious you can afford the finer things in life so why are you eating trash and feeding it to your kids in the back seat?  I can kind of understand seeing a Jaguar or Lexus at Target/WM because I know you need toilet paper like the rest of us so that's okay.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #857 on: December 18, 2007, 03:34 PM »
Unfortunately, it seems like 75% of the cards we get only show people's kids, as if their parents didn't even exist.  Lame!  Sorry for all of the folks in here that this issue probably applies to as well...  :-X

Yeah, I figured this gripe might hit home with more than a few people here...  :P

I should have elaborated a little better, by pointing out that many of my old friends live elsewhere around the States, and outside of the country, so I never get to see them (for many years now), and seriously have no idea what the hell they even look like anymore.  That's why I get annoyed that they don't stick their ugly mugs in the same pic with their cute kids.  If they were folks I saw on a regular basis, I wouldn't mind the kids-only pictures.

Now stop flooding my PM inbox with pix of all your kids!!!  >:(

- Scrooge

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: December 18, 2007, 04:50 PM »
Now stop flooding my PM inbox with pix of all your kids!!!  >:(

- Scrooge

You left yourself wide-open for it :P

:-*
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 18, 2007, 04:51 PM »
Christmas stupidity in general. 

We're all busy and stressed.  Some of us much less so than you are, simply because you're a complete ******* moron for not having started Christmas shopping, oh, five weeks ago when there was still **** on the shelf.  It's not the poor clerk's fault you can't find Guitar Hero stupid, it's yours.  Your frustration doesn't excuse you from being a decent human being.  It doesn't allow you to behave like an ass in the aisles, in the lines or in the parking lot.  You can't park your ******* car in the fire lane because even when it's NOT Christmas, there is no such thing as a short trip inside of a Walmart.  They'll conspire to **** you up by having not enough clerks, too much crap in the aisles to move around or something else that means your piece of **** car will be there for 15 minutes at the very least.  Unhook the piano from your ass and park like the rest of us.  And whilst that piano is unhooked from your lazy and inconsiderate derriere, put your ******* shopping cart in the stall so other people can park without either hitting the ******* thing into someone else's car or have it slam into their car and put a three foot scratch down the side thanks to you being and inconsiderate *******.  You don't rate any higher than anyone else.  Sadly, you don't rate any lower than anyone else either even if you so richly deserve to.  And if you can't walk or drive while talking on your cell phone, you're not going to be able to maneuver a shopping cart either, so shut the **** up.  I don't give a flying **** what your mother/sister/girlfriend/boyfriend think of what you're buying Bob/Sally/Fred or anyone else.  It's not amazing that there's nothing you want to get in the store, it's a ******* week before Christmas you idiot.  And don't pick up **** and put in your cart only to change your mind at the checkout line so you can put perishable items in with the candy.  I don't even know where to begin with that, but let's start with stupid because it's perishable.  It's driving prices because some poor schlep at the store has to either put it back, or more likely, throw it out because it's spoiled.  Or at least we can hope so, because if they don't maybe some other family ends up with something that's gone bad and at best gets food poisoning because of your idiotic tendencies.  You know whether you want it or not and whether you can afford it.  You can't, because your credit debt is already in the five figures and this won't matter the tiniest ******* iota to your debtload, so don't fool yourself you're being responsible, that time is long past.  Take it and pay for it, leave it where it's supposed to be or yet again, unhook that virtual piano from your ass and take it back whence you came. 

Yeah, that oughta cover it :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #860 on: December 18, 2007, 05:01 PM »
Huge blocks of text.

That's my latest pet peeve.  Very hard to read. 

Paragraphs are your friends.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 18, 2007, 05:04 PM »
But it's a rant -- he's entitled to run-on sentences.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #862 on: December 18, 2007, 05:09 PM »
What makes you think I was referring to anyone here in particular?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #863 on: December 18, 2007, 05:26 PM »
Yeah, I think Matt was probably just referring to someone over at GH.

Besides, Brent's Canadian, and super old, so we should cut him some slack, and consider ourselves fortunate that he still has the where-withall to even communicate with us online at this point...  Might not last for more than another year or two, so I say we enjoy the ol' bugger while we still can, eh.  :'(
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 05:27 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #864 on: December 18, 2007, 05:31 PM »

Yes, yes--absolutely that's who I was referring to.

Besides, Brent's Canadian, and super old, so we should cut him some slack, and consider ourselves fortunate that he still has the where-withall to even communicate with us online at this point...  Might not last for more than another year or two, so I say we enjoy the ol' bugger while we still can, eh.  :'(

God love'm.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: December 18, 2007, 06:06 PM »

Lol -- you just made me choke on my favorite gum :D

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 18, 2007, 06:50 PM »
  Unhook the piano from your ass and park like the rest of us. 

That's why we love you Brent  :-*
Beth

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: December 18, 2007, 09:19 PM »
Brent!

That. Was. Awesome!

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 19, 2007, 12:07 AM »
unhook the piano from your ass?   really???  is that an actual expression, or did you just make that up?
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 19, 2007, 10:37 AM »
It's a metaphor (obviously) but yeah, locally it's an expression.  As in you're obviously pulling something very heavy around (piano) so you need to park closer than the rest of us; move more slowly; etc.  Usually it's more like that piano tied to your ass must be really heavy because (insert reason here) or something like that.   
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.