Author Topic: TV series predictions (and wishes)  (Read 23331 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: TV series predictions (and wishes)
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005, 12:55 AM »
I dunno, I have a feeling that FOX will get the series.  Sunday nights would be cool.   8)

:P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 01:36 PM »
We've decided to consolidate all of the TV talk in to a new Forum section, combining the Clone Wars stuff with the future TV show.  Carry on :-*

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005, 03:57 PM »
I like the idea, but expand it a bit to be an arc of 2 or 3 episodes for a story, sort of like what Enterprise did in it's final season. That gives a lot more room to work with in terms of storytelling. A traditional TV series would require at least one re-occuring character, but since this is Star Wars most viewers would be able to accept your concept Tydirium, especially if there was an overall link to each arc.

How's this for an idea for a recurring character?

The recurring character could be Yoda, sitting on Dagobah, and using the force to follow galactic events.  Sort of like Alfred Hitchcock in the series he had years ago.  He somehow introduces the characters and the situation they're in, and we watch it unfold.  Then he shows up at the end and gives some sort of moral to the story.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 04:57 PM »
Hmmm.... sounds kinda goofy, almost too catered towards kids.  I could see that as a cartoon maybe... but if there are to be Jedi hunted down in this, and Yoda can see them, you would think he would try and intervene.

I'm thinking we will see very little of Yoda... and a lot of new characters.  Lucas is totally about creating new characters, I think we'll see quite a few.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005, 07:17 PM »
How's this for an idea for a recurring character?

The recurring character could be Yoda, sitting on Dagobah, and using the force to follow galactic events...

Pretty sure that Lucas said at some point that none of the Saga's main characters would be in any of the TV shows, unfortunately.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2005, 08:10 PM »
The main character will be...
....the suspense is killing you
...how much more of this suspense can you take...
...who can it be...
...Jar Jar Binks!

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2005, 11:42 PM »
Jar Jar Binks - Sith Lord...   :o
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Omega Squad Commander

• Jedi Initiate
  • LatinAmerica FanForce PRJO HC * CFAPR Member
    • View Profile
TV: Daniel Logan may play Boba Fett
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2005, 12:02 PM »
In USAToday.com you can read:

[Harrison] Ford was approached by Daniel Logan, 18, who played young Boba Fett in Episode II: Attack of the Clones. Lucas said Logan's character may be included in his live-action Star Wars TV series, which is in the works.

Sounds good to me: The Young Boba Adventures! 8)

TheForce.net LatinAmerica FanForce Puerto Rico Jedi Outcast High Council Member
Club de Figuras de Acción de Puerto Rico

Offline VadereX

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2005, 09:09 PM »
Thursdays at 4:37 AM.

I'm also wondering what they'll do with this. I'm hoping to see some of Vader, some of Yoda, C3, R2, and some new characters. Maybe in one of the episodes learn how Chewie and Han meet.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2005, 08:40 AM »
I was hoping for a "Rebellion" storyline persoanlly.

With this angle you could still work in every angle you had hoped for.  You could have the Rebellion building up vs. the Empire undertone. It provides a true good vs. evil backdrop.  Also you sould venture off and do side stories:

Jimmy Smits could have a leading role, heck Mr. LA Law himself would be very cool to see back on TV.  Work in Dodonna, Wedge,  Mon Mothma for a leading female role, etc.

Show the intorduction and creation of Rouge Squadron,

A few episodes or a season devoted to Luke since he's kind of the later leader/hero of the Rebellion.

I was thinking it would be neat to see bounty hunters working for both sides.  You could literally have Fett working for the Rebellion on a mission which while he's still an independant, he could be considered a "good guy".

You could show a young Han Solo working his way up the ladder in the Empire, then end that storyline with him defecting and saving Chewbacca kind of make it a season finale or something.

You could introduce a lot of side characters, like the Bothans, etc.

Vader hunting down the remaining Jedi could be a sub-plot.

By using Smits, there could still be a connection with Obi-Wan and Yoda. Wether we actually see them or not.

You could go into the underbelly and introduce thingsa like Sabacc (intor Lando) the falcon. the Kessel Run, Ord Mantell (sp?) Jabba's crime ring, etc.

Soooooo many possibilites!!!!!!!!  You could do a very good show with a high budget or low buget with tons of sub-plots, and min-stories.

I just don't like seeing it limited to a single character, and the Rebellion against the Empire  still hasn't really been touched upon at all!!!!!!!!

and the above ideas are just a small sampling of what could be done.

Jesus, I more I think about it, I think I'm going to send in a few scripts. ;^)

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Omega Squad Commander

• Jedi Initiate
  • LatinAmerica FanForce PRJO HC * CFAPR Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2005, 01:02 PM »
Star Wars TV Show details revealed

Is you're to lazy to click read on.... ::)

Star Wars producer Rick McCallum revealed the details of Star Wars television series at a Japanese press conference yesterday. Apparently the story will take place in a 20 year span between Episode 3 and Episode 4. McCallum said it will depict how characters end up being together, but wouldn't mention who. But he did mention it will depict how Luke grows up. This doesn't sound right to me though, there's not much interesting in that. Why not show Darth Vader's Empire taking over the galaxy and the few remaining Jedi's fight to stay alive? Who cares about a farmer's kid when he's not going out on space adventures?

George Lucas will apparently start working on the series as soon as he finishes Indiana Jones 4., he said. The production will start next year, and the whole series will be about 100 hour long episoders.

McCallum also mentioned the 3-D versions of all six Star Wars movies should hit theaters “within two to three years."

TheForce.net LatinAmerica FanForce Puerto Rico Jedi Outcast High Council Member
Club de Figuras de Acción de Puerto Rico

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2005, 04:57 PM »
Smallville is here to stay lol thats my show lol...

I think it would be cool to do it in time lines. Like from the very start and i mean the very start . What I mean is it would be cool if they took the books the video Games and the movies all into it. And not even maybe have it in order .... I mean whats it matter do it in like 4 or 5 time lines the show would be watched more then Star Trek I think .... but who knows
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2005, 06:55 PM »
Am I reading that right?  "the whole series will be about 100 hour long episodes."  Wow!  I will still await the official though.  That reads more like a rumor than anything else. 

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2005, 11:00 AM »
Wasn’t Luke’s growing years super lame and boring? I mean other than blasting womp rats and fixing moisture vaporators… I thought the whole point of Star Wars was that Skywalker desperately wanted to escape his home planet to bigger things and adventure (same theme as American graffiti and THX) because his life was excruciatingly dull and uninspired… sounds pretty flaccid for a 100 hr. tv show, then again Lucas has shown no reservations about re-writing his old scripts.
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini