Author Topic: Series 3  (Read 132967 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Power of the Kubricks!
« Reply #1140 on: January 14, 2005, 01:44 PM »
Curse my inability to bid on eBay while at work!   >:(

Stupid internet filters...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: January 14, 2005, 01:45 PM »
COme on R2!

lol, might be next!
I think it will be luke or the speeder set.
I bet 1 credit!
Adam

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1142 on: January 14, 2005, 01:48 PM »
I'm quick like that.  Like a fox, I am!   ;)

But thanks for pointing that out Adam.  Now please go find me an even cheaper Holographic Leia.   :P

He just put one up! lol
check it out quick. 66 BIN I think.

Yep, already saw it, and BIN'ed it!  Pretty funny...

I was hoping to get a Holo Leia a little cheaper, but since there shouldn't be any added shipping costs since he can just combine the two, I decided to go for it.  Can't beat $137 for both of those carded figures!  So now I'm back with the rest of the gang in just needing those uber-expensive carded Sandtrooper and Boba Fett figures.   :'(

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: January 14, 2005, 01:52 PM »
Man, I'm sitting here at work seriously tempting to buy the EB set.  I do have a birthday coming up and should get some money there but then I think $130 is a lot of money for 4 little figures.  Decisions, decisions.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: January 14, 2005, 01:53 PM »

I was hoping to get a Holo Leia a little cheaper, but since there shouldn't be any added shipping costs since he can just combine the two, I decided to go for it.  Can't beat $137 for both of those carded figures!  So now I'm back with the rest of the gang in just needing those uber-expensive carded Sandtrooper and Boba Fett figures.   :'(

That is the main reason I have to stay away from the carded bricks. Plus, I want to open them... considering the cost of Logray/Indy it shouldn`t bother me, but...
Damn crackbricks
Adam

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1145 on: January 14, 2005, 01:57 PM »
Man, I'm sitting here at work seriously tempting to buy the EB set.  I do have a birthday coming up and should get some money there but then I think $130 is a lot of money for 4 little figures.  Decisions, decisions.

Yeah, it's a lot for just the four of 'em Mikey, and not to twist your arm at all but you probably won't find them any cheaper than that (shipped).  So if you're going "completist" on these, this is a pretty reasonable and "cheap" price to get that set at...   :-\

As for the Holo Leia, I'm sure once the rest get released soon, I'll regret adding that one just now, as I'm sure they'll dip down into the $50 range at that point.  Oh well...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: January 14, 2005, 02:07 PM »
So now I'm back with the rest of the gang in just needing those uber-expensive carded Sandtrooper and Boba Fett figures.   :'(

So close but yet so far.  :-\

Very nice score on the double whammy.  8)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: January 14, 2005, 02:08 PM »
They might get cheaper (leia), but how many will be from US Sellers?
Probably not too many. You saved 10-15 bucks on shipping alone I`d guess.
On the EB set, won`t find it much cheaper than that, and the savings on shipping
helps out a lot. I have seen shipping on those from overseas range from 15-22 bucks!

Adam

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: January 14, 2005, 02:11 PM »
Sold.   :( 

And I was this close to buying.

Will probably pick up one of his 5 packs though, pretty good price and hope another cheap EB set comes up.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: January 14, 2005, 02:13 PM »
Sold.   :( 

And I was this close to buying.

Will probably pick up one of his 5 packs though, pretty good price and hope another cheap EB set comes up.

Was just going to post it was sold  :(
It did go to a collector though, the winner is a member over at Kubrick World.
Adam

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1150 on: January 14, 2005, 03:06 PM »
I just realized that this seller is the same guy I "accidentally" won one of my Series 3 sets off of (with Han chase).  I bid so low on that one that I never expected to win.  Good guy to deal with, so I'm glad we're going another round here...

I also just remembered that DBK kicked my ass by $5 on the best Holo Leia deal, getting his for just $57 ($61 shipped).  So he still holds "the record" on that one!   ;)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: January 14, 2005, 03:22 PM »
I literally called the wife to get the ok and in the couple of minutes I waited for her to get back to me, the EB set was sold.  I was going to buy both it and the TRU 5 pack for $185 combined.  I did buy a 5 pack from him for a pretty good price ($61 shipped), so it wasn't a total waste.  Be nice to see if he sells any speederbike sets for a good price.

Between Scott's SS package (thanks again for the addiction, pal :P), what Brent's sending me, the BH set I bought off James D, the aforementioned 5 pack and a Lando I won on ebay, I've come a long way in a short period of time.  Just need a 3PO and ATAT driver to complete the basic figs.  I'll work on the chases a bit later.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: January 14, 2005, 03:44 PM »
Adam

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: January 14, 2005, 03:49 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36553&item=5949752655&rd=1

The picture in this auction is from another seller, I am 99.9% sure. I recognize the
leather sofa/chair background. Maybe he bought it from that seller and is just using the pic, but I don`t see that seller in his feed back (I know it was amidal_anakin or something like that).

Not saying this is a scam, just keep your eyes open on this one.

Ok, here is the seller I was thinking of. Notice the background of his/her pics...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48972&item=5948886343&rd=1

Again, not saying that is a scam, but something to watch for.

Adam

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: January 14, 2005, 03:53 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36553&item=5949752655&rd=1

The picture in this auction is from another seller, I am 99.9% sure. I recognize the
leather sofa/chair background. Maybe he bought it from that seller and is just using the pic, but I don`t see that seller in his feed back (I know it was amidal_anakin or something like that).

Not saying this is a scam, just keep your eyes open on this one.

Ok, here is the seller I was thinking of. Notice the background of his/her pics...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48972&item=5948886343&rd=1

Again, not saying that is a scam, but something to watch for.

Umm, damn. I hate to reply to my own post, but here is the same item from Amidala-Anakin. Looks like the other seller might have taken these pics from him/her.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48972&item=5948886277&rd=1
Adam