Author Topic: JediDefender Fantasy Football 2011  (Read 50919 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: JediDefender Fantasy Football 2011
« Reply #225 on: November 8, 2011, 05:40 PM »
Damn, I ended up with 70 points despite a lack of running backs.  Had those guys been healthy I might have had a chance there...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 9, 2011, 02:01 PM »
2 TDs passing and 118 yards rushing.  Take a tip from Dressel!

I should have.  I chickened out and went with Flacco.  I always like having a late game guy to root for.  He netted out at 10pts, while Tebow would have been 18.  I lost 59 to 68, so would have been just a point away with Timmy, but not feeling as bad since I would have lost either way.

I'm just happy to have finally topped 100pts and held off the Cranes last week.  My team is finally scoring some points after getting lucky wins earlier in the season.  If McGahee and Wells can stay healthy I'm going to be in good shape...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #227 on: November 17, 2011, 08:27 AM »
My team is no scoring dynamo but I really have had a lot of bad luck against me this year.  My PA is almost 100 points more than anyone else.  Dressel has scored less points than me and is 5-5.  I wouldn't think the lack of a real receiving core would hurt me as much as it has and I don't know too many teams with AP and MJD that would be 1-9. :P

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 17, 2011, 08:39 AM »
My team is no scoring dynamo but I really have had a lot of bad luck against me this year.  My PA is almost 100 points more than anyone else.  Dressel has scored less points than me and is 5-5.  I wouldn't think the lack of a real receiving core would hurt me as much as it has and I don't know too many teams with AP and MJD that would be 1-9. :P

This game is 1/2 knowledge and 1/2 roll of the dice, and the rolls of the dice have not gone your way at all this season.

It all averages out in the long run.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #229 on: November 17, 2011, 09:21 AM »
Tell me about it!  I mean did Jordy Nelson really need to score that last Touchdown?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 22, 2011, 12:55 PM »
 :(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 23, 2011, 03:26 PM »
:(

Good game man.  I thought you had it for sure on Sunday, but never count a guy down when he's got Gronkowski yet to play.  Sorry to bust your undefeated season, but cheer up - you're still going to end up in first place for the playoffs!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #232 on: November 23, 2011, 10:36 PM »
We sure have a pretty close season in the standings this year with the exception of Diddly who will likely take the #1 seed at this point.

I've lost my last 4 games (tied for the longest active losing streak in the league) and I dropped from 3rd all the way to 12th place. Funny that the other owner that has also lost their last four (Patrick) only managed to drop from 2nd to 3rd. My overall points which towards the beginning of the season was in the upper 1/3 of the league has also dropped to dead last. Part of that had to do with 2 weeks of forgetting to edit my lineups, but mostly it is my anemic team. Despite having two RB's in the top 8 in the league in scoring I can't seem to put up points. My WRs have been absolutely atrocious since I lost Kenny Brit to IR after during week 3, up until just a few weeks ago he still had more fantasy points than any of my WRs, even only playing in two games. I don't have a single WR in the top 25 and only have one in the top 40, I don't have any TEs in the top 10. Despite all of that I'm really only a game and a half out of the playoffs at this point. I doubt my team will pull through but it really is interesting to me that no one in this league s completely out of it yet. (Edit: except Scott. Sorry.  :-X )
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 03:31 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 23, 2011, 11:47 PM »
Yep.  I'm having a typically unlucky season so far.  A heartbreaking loss early in the season on a last minute INT... combined with a few key injuries (part of the game I know...) have left me with a 5-6 team that is 3rd in scoring, but 7th in the standings.

Argh.

Patrick's trades got the better of him this week.  He gave up Arian Foster for Fred "IR" Jackson.  Ouch.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 24, 2011, 03:11 AM »
Heh, I was kind of regretting that trade after I clicked "accept" but I'm glad I went through with it for the obvious reasons.

I think Dressel said it earlier, this game is all luck. I've been riding my RBs to victory, and Jason Witten too. Consistency plays a big hand too. Just need two or three players to show up each week and have everyone else score enough points to stay ahead.

Good game man.  I thought you had it for sure on Sunday, but never count a guy down when he's got Gronkowski yet to play.  Sorry to bust your undefeated season, but cheer up - you're still going to end up in first place for the playoffs!

Oh, great game! TBH, I figured it was going to be either you or Patrick who was going to beat me. When I saw that my kicker was out for the game I knew I was losing. I'm actually surprised that I only lost by that little!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 24, 2011, 09:40 PM »
Oh, great game! TBH, I figured it was going to be either you or Patrick who was going to beat me. When I saw that my kicker was out for the game I knew I was losing. I'm actually surprised that I only lost by that little!

I didn't start off well with .2 points from McGahee on the early game - I thought that did me in for sure.  I'm getting saved by Gronkowski in this league (and another) week after week.  I hope he can keep it up. 

So, in my big money league we have $100 for pickups.  I spent my last $44 getting Kevin Smith last night and was stoked to see him racking up yards against the Pack.   ::)  Hopefully he's good to go next week or that was the worst pick-up in FFL history.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 30, 2011, 11:37 PM »
Snuck by Cory this week with a 70.11 to 69.96 victory.  Ouch, that has to hurt.  I was winning by .15 with a full quarter to go and he still had Nicks on the field.  Thought for sure I was a goner.

8)  BEST. WIN. EVER.

« Last Edit: December 1, 2011, 03:31 PM by JediJman »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 6, 2011, 11:18 PM »
Nice game this week Ruiner.  Hope to see the same thing again this weekend.   ;)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 12, 2011, 08:17 AM »
Nice game this week Ruiner.  Hope to see the same thing again this weekend.   ;)

Ugh, 5pts behind after yesterday.  I need to rally the troops tonight.

Kinda quiet in here lately - is no one confident in their team?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #239 on: December 12, 2011, 10:11 AM »
You guys are lucky my team didn't make the playoffs :-X