Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Tin Collector Sets  (Read 60448 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary Tin Collector Set
« Reply #240 on: October 31, 2006, 06:09 PM »
So far one of the three local WMs has gotten two cases of the prequel wave (with three out of the four ROTS sets still sitting), and TRU has gotten at least three cases of the OT wave (again, three ESB sets still there).  It seems like TRU's getting all six films while WM's only getting I-III, and Target has yet to get anything from this assortment.

Last night I found something I had missed to begin with on the ANH RH Sandtrooper that is really upsetting me.  Apparently the plastic is so poor on the head that mine has a crack in it going from below his left ear all the way to the top of his left ear.  This is the first time I've EVER seen a head do this on an action figure, SW or otherwise, so I'm extremely disappointed now. 

Does anyone who has already tried this (customizers?) know what currently available Jango head could be used to replace this one?  I've compared the ST to the TSC Clones already out and the only ones that look like they might work are the AT-TE Gunner/Tactical Ops heads and the DSG head.  There are a crapload of DSGs around me, so I might end up going that route for the time being.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 06:09 PM by DoctorPadawan »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 1, 2006, 09:40 AM »
At $30 I just oculdn't afford them this month (the PT ones) and now they're gone...  I'm wondering how easy to be found these will be in the coming month(s).  I'd like a set, but man the price kills me on these.

I think the price will kill Joe Consumer. These things are strictly collector oriented and as long as a decent quantity is made, I think they could get to clearance at Target.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 3, 2006, 10:11 AM »

Last night I found something I had missed to begin with on the ANH RH Sandtrooper that is really upsetting me.  Apparently the plastic is so poor on the head that mine has a crack in it going from below his left ear all the way to the top of his left ear.  This is the first time I've EVER seen a head do this on an action figure, SW or otherwise, so I'm extremely disappointed now. 

Does anyone who has already tried this (customizers?) know what currently available Jango head could be used to replace this one?  I've compared the ST to the TSC Clones already out and the only ones that look like they might work are the AT-TE Gunner/Tactical Ops heads and the DSG head.  There are a crapload of DSGs around me, so I might end up going that route for the time being.

well, the dsg, at-te and tac ops heads suck. if i were you and it was really worth it to you, id buy an evo ep2 clone and use its head. that head works beautifully. it doesnt look like its trying to force out a crap.  :-X  :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 3, 2006, 11:53 AM »
I saw a lone ESB set the other day and and kind of liked the fact that the figures had a snow dusting. It certainly makes the Chewbacaa more apealing and the whole set less annoying to get just for the Snowtrooper.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 3, 2006, 12:47 PM »
I saw a lone ESB set the other day and and kind of liked the fact that the figures had a snow dusting. It certainly makes the Chewbacaa more apealing and the whole set less annoying to get just for the Snowtrooper.

It's still a repack- the Han and Chewie with snow aren't exaclty new ideas for hasblo...
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #245 on: November 3, 2006, 12:56 PM »
For anyone looking for a pretty good deal, try Amazon.com:

Episode 4 (ANH) Tin- $27.99 with free "super saver" shipping

Episode 5 (ESB) Tin- $27.99 with free "super saver" shipping

Doesn't look like they have any of the others in-stock, but $56 for the two tins (free shipping, no tax) is a pretty good deal.   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 3, 2006, 02:14 PM »
Thanks for the headsup Jeff.  But I think Amazon still charges tax.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #247 on: November 3, 2006, 02:20 PM »
Well, they didn't charge me any tax on my order for these...  now that they are separated from TRU, taxes at Amazon are set by where you live and who is shipping you the stuff.

From Amazon.com
Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 3, 2006, 02:30 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on these Jeff, we haven't seen any of the tin packs around here at all - and at that price with free shipping, it isn't too bad to pick them up online.  Just ordered one for now, but hopefully will be able to pick up the other two OT tins later.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 3, 2006, 02:56 PM »
Well, they didn't charge me any tax on my order for these...  now that they are separated from TRU, taxes at Amazon are set by where you live and who is shipping you the stuff.

Sweet.  I may just have to order those.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 8, 2006, 09:40 AM »

It's still a repack- the Han and Chewie with snow aren't exaclty new ideas for hasblo...

True, but they haven't been done with these better sculpts yet. :P I can replace the older ones in my Hoth Diorama.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 8, 2006, 10:15 AM »

this is true, and the old chewie with snow is actually not half bad  8) im just gonna save 120 bucks and stick with buying only the episode 2 and 4 tins.  :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 9, 2006, 12:09 PM »

this is true, and the old chewie with snow is actually not half bad  8) im just gonna save 120 bucks and stick with buying only the episode 2 and 4 tins.  :P

::)  :P maybe even just the ep. 2 tin. ps how do you start trade/want threads? i have a lot of trades and sales i would love to make.  ???  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 10, 2006, 05:02 PM »
 ;D

my mom is super. bought me all 3 OT tins today at TRU for an early Xmas  ;D  8) . as a side note, i saw the entire anh galactic heroes wave there as well. i was pretty impressed, but i figured i was broke and $93.71 from my mom was good enough for the day.  ;)

only PT tin set i plan on getting is ep. II, which i havent seen yet.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 11, 2006, 08:19 AM »

::)  :P maybe even just the ep. 2 tin. ps how do you start trade/want threads? i have a lot of trades and sales i would love to make.  ???  8)

Just jump to the trades/sales section and start a thread in the classifieds- This is a pretty good place to do it, but as always check out your trading partners information-

:)