Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 199503 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Series 5
« Reply #1440 on: November 23, 2005, 01:54 PM »
Per today's Medicom Update, it  looks like the TRU set is still on track for December!

Luke Skywalker (Ceremonial)
Imperial R5 Unit
K-3PO
Ten Numb
Wicket (Ewoks Cartoon) - guess that explains why they re-used the wicket mold  :P

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1441 on: November 23, 2005, 02:08 PM »
Because I'm still not a fan of this box set....

Why and Imperial R5?  Huh, where'd that come from?

K-3PO?  Ok, all our vintage leanings, they're out the window. 

Ten-numb, uh, yeah, sure. ::)

Wicket - Ewok cartoon.  Sure thing there fella.  Never mind that I need to keep reminding people that Ewoks spawned Jar Jar Binks and anyone that loves Ewoks should be forced to re-watch Ep I ad nauseum until they revoke Ewoks fully and completely, but that thing doesn't even look like the cartoon version.  It's damn near as tall as Luke.

Speaking of Luke, that figure is acceptable but I don't recall it from the vintage line either.  Can prequel Kubrick's be that far off? :-\  At least it's OT.

:-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1442 on: November 23, 2005, 02:21 PM »
So it's safe to say you won't be pursuing this set?   :-*

I'm having a hard time translating the page on Medicom, but I think it says 3499 pieces.   :-\

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
Series 5
« Reply #1443 on: November 23, 2005, 03:02 PM »
Because I'm still not a fan of this box set....

Why and Imperial R5?  Huh, where'd that come from?

K-3PO?  Ok, all our vintage leanings, they're out the window. 

Ten-numb, uh, yeah, sure. ::)

Wicket - Ewok cartoon.  Sure thing there fella.  Never mind that I need to keep reminding people that Ewoks spawned Jar Jar Binks and anyone that loves Ewoks should be forced to re-watch Ep I ad nauseum until they revoke Ewoks fully and completely, but that thing doesn't even look like the cartoon version.  It's damn near as tall as Luke.

Speaking of Luke, that figure is acceptable but I don't recall it from the vintage line either.  Can prequel Kubrick's be that far off? :-\  At least it's OT.

:-*

I have to agree with a lot of what you said.  Seems like a pretty lame set of figures. The ceremonial Luke and K3PO are OK though.
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com

Offline no1kevlin

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1444 on: November 23, 2005, 03:21 PM »
I agree that with this set it looks as though they are straying a bit from the path we all feel they should tread.

I am willing to go along with these figures as they already have a couple of 'droids' figs out so it's not all been vinty so far but I will not buy any prequel stuff because i am just not bothered about them.

the worst possible scenario for me would be series 6 having a 'droids' fig a couple of prequels and the rest old school.

Aaaaargh!!! What a nightmare!!!

Offline no1kevlin

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1445 on: November 23, 2005, 03:22 PM »
how did me posts count go back to 1?

not that i'm a chatterbox on here or anything but have made a few posts.

Or was it all a dream???

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1446 on: November 23, 2005, 03:59 PM »
So it's safe to say you won't be pursuing this set?   :-*

You'd be correct in saying I won't pursue it but that doesn't mean I won't buy it down the road.  They are still SW Kubrick's, so that alone has merit to me.  But no, I won't go madly chasing these on ebay at any point. 

I genuinely think Medicom made an error here and the secondary market will prove me right.  General prices of some of the newer Kubrick stuff has stayed low, I think largely due to increased production.  But some pieces that aren't overproduced are also decreasing generally in price - Rebo band, speeder bike set.  I think the speculators have moved on a bit leaving predominantly the collectors. 

Series 1/2 always prove me wrong as exceptions to my new rule, but I think that's easily explained by lower initial production.  Plus they were just really, really well done series'.  Bounty hunters?  No brainer. 

I'll buy it if and when the price settles around $40-50 US.  If it starts and remains low, I'll wait until it drops.  As Matt said, Luke and K-3PO are OK.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1447 on: November 23, 2005, 05:18 PM »
I'm having a hard time translating the page on Medicom, but I think it says 3499 pieces.   :-\

I think I'm wrong on that.  Likely 3499 yen.

Thanks to Jeff for the heads up.   :)

Offline mondocoyote

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1448 on: November 23, 2005, 07:24 PM »
I'll buy it.  I like the three in the middle.  I'm trying to look at the set as an extra, something Medicom does to pull in new customers. but no, I dont want droids/ewoks toys in my regular boxes. that ewok is a huge cop-out.

and if they but prequels in the standard boxes, well, that's when its time to start going back picking up the stuff I missed.

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
  • Have you seen this Kubrick???
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1449 on: November 23, 2005, 08:00 PM »
I LOVE Ebay bidders. Check out those Early Birds that just went today. Some dude just won 3 of the 4 for a total of 136.00 w/ shipping. ;D That makes me laugh. No logic at all.
I am still waiting for somebody to bid on those ridiculously priced Rebo Band figs. Just you wait, believe me someone will do it. ::)

Anyone got a ben for sale??

Offline mondocoyote

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1450 on: November 23, 2005, 08:12 PM »
I LOVE Ebay bidders. Check out those Early Birds that just went today. Some dude just won 3 of the 4 for a total of 136.00 w/ shipping. ;D That makes me laugh. No logic at all.
I am still waiting for somebody to bid on those ridiculously priced Rebo Band figs. Just you wait, believe me someone will do it. ::)

thats so funny.  I should see how much I can get for my empty boxes!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1451 on: November 23, 2005, 08:17 PM »
Just got a message from Ryo.  He didn't receive my reply regarding shipping, so he emailed again.  He indicated they will be on the way as soon as he gets a reply from me.  As I understand it, they have them in hand.  Woot! 8)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1452 on: November 23, 2005, 08:24 PM »
Just got a message from Ryo.  He didn't receive my reply regarding shipping, so he emailed again.  He indicated they will be on the way as soon as he gets a reply from me.  As I understand it, they have them in hand.  Woot! 8)

SWEET!
Hope we getting shipping emails soon!

I`m on the fence on the TRU set. I like Luke, K-3PO and even the black droid (I love droids).
I guess I`ll wait and see if the price comes down some, unless someone here or
Kubrick world can get them at near cost.

I`m really digging those 400% Han and Luke too, so I hope I get them from
RoBby. If I can find an ESB Boba for 130 or so plus shipping, I`ll probably
jump on it too (damn eBay money buring a hole in my pocket).

Adam

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1453 on: November 23, 2005, 09:13 PM »
During my initial preorder from RoBBy, I accidentally ordered only 2 boxes from them.  I realized my mistake and ordered another 2 to get a full case.  But I was a little nervous that it wouldn't be a sealed master case.

I'm very happy to report that Ryo confirmed it would be sealed.  8)

Just got a message from Ryo. He didn't receive my reply regarding shipping, so he emailed again. He indicated they will be on the way as soon as he gets a reply from me. As I understand it, they have them in hand. Woot! 8)

And he basically confirmed what you said, Brent - they'll be shipping out on the 25th (not just arriving there on the 25th).   :D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1454 on: November 23, 2005, 09:19 PM »
I'm still waiting for a reply from Ryo so I can update my CC information. I just sent another e-mail as a reminder as I can see nowhere on the site to do it.  :-\