Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 152727 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #780 on: August 8, 2005, 09:23 AM »
These figures are giving me fits, because mine are all loose and I need to pack them up.  How to manage that properly?   

Yeah, they definitely aren't fun to pack up.  I know when we moved across the state last year, that was one of my least favorite parts of my collection to pack, they can be quiet delicate (depending on which one it is).  I cushioned the heck out of those things, and luckily, everything made it alright.  I also removed lightsabers and things like that when I could.  Those were the parts I worried about breaking the most.

My Unleashed collection is one of my favorite things, so I don't see myself selling them off.  Although, it is quite tempting just because of the insane prices they seem to be bringing in some instances now.  Could make some nice money to fund other collecting interests.  I've considered selling off the prequel pieces, because I intended to go OT-only with these originally, but now the prequel pieces have kind of grown on me, so I think I'll keep those too.  I'm getting increasingly worried about finding these last couple of waves (as well as the Stormtrooper).  I'm trying to determine which of these pieces I really "need" to have at the end here, since many (or all) will likely be fairly high priced and tough to find at retail.  Han Stromtrooper (and the regular Stormtrooper) are my top priorities right now, and I'd like to pick up the newer Vader as well.  I had Yoda/Palpy (and the Vader) preordered at Amazon, but we all know how that goes.  I'm thinking I can probably do without the ROTS Chewie now, since it really does look just like the first version that I already have.  I'm on the fence with the Shocktrooper...looks cool, but I'm just in more of an OT mood now I guess.  I'm still considering trying to pick up the first Palpy.  I never did, even though it hung out at TRU for quite awhile (although gone now), but now I'd feel a little incomplete missing that OT piece.  Still holding out hope that this line will make a comeback.  Since it was officially labeled as "on hiatus", much like they said about the GI Joe 3 3/4" line, maybe it will become direct to consumer like that line has.  Better than nothing ;).

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 11, 2005, 09:28 PM »
13 of the 23 loose  Unleashed I put on ebay sold.  Total for those pieces: $235.   :o

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 12, 2005, 10:51 AM »
If anyone is interested, BigBadToyStore has preorders up for the Wave 2 Darth Vader, Wave 3 Han Solo, and Wave 3 Clone(Shock)Trooper Unleashed figures, individually.  If you are only wanting/needing one of those three, the prices aren't too bad and it might be a chance to pick them up individually.  I went ahead and placed and order for the Stormtrooper Han, just in case that last wave doesn't make it to retail.  I've never ordered from BBTS before, but I have read good things about them.  Do they wait to charge you when the item ships, does anyone know?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #783 on: August 12, 2005, 11:31 AM »
I sold all of my Unleashed earlier this winter since space came at a premium.  The only way I saw I could break even was selling all of them, including Yoda, Boba and Vader.   I definitely missed out on some higher prices recently but I also made my initial investment back.  Lots of the stuff only sold for $7-$8...Matt told me I could sell them if I wanted too and I did.

I still want the new Vader though...if I can find one.  I wasn't ever really big on either of the other two.

Also, my ROTS Obi-Wan refuses to stand up straight >:(  He keeps falling over and I cannot get him to stand

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #784 on: August 15, 2005, 12:39 AM »
I can't find the Asajj wave at all, so I guess that ends my Unleashed collection. I've been collecting SW long enough to know I'll never see the last wave, so I'll just back out now.

The things take up an insane amount of room.  :P Though I would like to get a regular Stormtrooper, I just don't see it happening.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 15, 2005, 12:18 PM »
I can't find the Asajj wave at all, so I guess that ends my Unleashed collection.

I'm in the same boat, Ben.  None of the stores around me have gotten the Asajj wave at all, and with the unfortunate glut of Anakin and Obi-Wan, as well as the complete inability to find these online outside of Ebay, so I guess that ends my UL collection too.

I definitely won't sell what I have, as I put too much effort into getting the ones I already own, but I've pretty much just given up hope on finding the RH Vader, Yoda, or Jango for a reasonable price, and I'm not even going to bother worrying about the last wave, as that Clone is going to be impossible to find.

If any company can take the joy out of collecting, it's Hasbro.  :-\

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 15, 2005, 12:29 PM »
 ALL I NEED IS VADER:REDEMPTION!!!!!! >:(
DAMN-that one is gonna hurt..I need to be complete Matt!!! :'( 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 15, 2005, 01:06 PM »
Also, my ROTS Obi-Wan refuses to stand up straight >:(  He keeps falling over and I cannot get him to stand

Y'know, I looked at my new Obi/Anakin and decided screw it, so I took them back to the store.  I didn't bother opening them because of the impending move, so that worked to my benefit.  I think if I want them in future, at least those two will be dirt cheap.

I'd love to get the new Vader as well and compare it with the original but I'd probably only keep one of the two.  I've got the Yoda/Sidious coming from Nicklab (thanks) and based on what I saw at C3 I didn't want the Asajj anyway. 

Most of my loose ones are still in danger of being sold off because of space/packing issues.  I'll keep a few I expect, but probably not many.  I still think that overall it was a great line and were I not having to pack these up, I probably wouldn't have unloaded any. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 16, 2005, 12:10 AM »
I'm selling my loose Asajj if any one of you guys want it and collect loose.  Just PM me.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 17, 2005, 12:02 AM »
Im 99% complete so far. I just need that damn Removable Helmet Vader and the last three(Han, Shockie, and Chewie) and I won't have to worry about trying to find them anymore. Im kinda glad too since I had to rely on others tracking a few of them down for me and had to resort to eBay for two of them when they were released (IG-88 and Stormie).

That Vader, Im gonna have to take out a small loan for a loose one I think.
I remember my dream now.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 17, 2005, 10:45 PM »
My feelings on the Unleashed line change daily. Seriously. I've got 'em all except for the current lineup (Assajj, Vader, Yoda/Palp) and since the line is ending I kinda feel like dumping them all. But then I look at them, and how awesome they are, and I kinda change my mind. Then, the next day I get all set to put them on ebay, take 'em out to snap some pics... and look at how awesome they are. Dammit.

Worst thing is that I just know if I do end up dumping them (most likely when the prices drop and bottom out, with my luck) I'll just end up buying them back again (when the prices skyrocket, and I realize that I made a huge mistake selling them all).  :-\

And to make matters worse, about a week ago, I (thought) I had made up my mind to dump them all, and I actually put an Assajj that I found at TRU back on the peg.  >:(  >:(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #791 on: August 17, 2005, 11:40 PM »
I got the newest Vader from one of the local guys (JediMoses) and I like it a lot better than the previous two versions.  Lots more dynamic.  I'm not sure how the heck he'll stay hovering like that with only one peg supporting him.  Hopefully he's more sturdy than Obi-Wan :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 18, 2005, 12:19 AM »
  I'm not sure how the heck he'll stay hovering like that with only one peg supporting him.  Hopefully he's more sturdy than Obi-Wan :-\

McFarlane disease - the leaner.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 18, 2005, 01:27 AM »
I just opened mine tonight and I have the same fears of McFarlane disease for this new Darth Vader.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 18, 2005, 05:07 PM »
Thanks to Darth Slothus, I now have the Vader and Yoda/Sidious UL in my possession, and although I love the sculpting of Vader, the "leaning" has me worried as well.

In all the Unleashed line (at least the ones I have; damn you Yoda and Removable Helmet Vader!), the only figures I've had any kind of problem with are the white Clone Trooper and IG-88.  The former of which has the same "leaning" problem (although it doesn't look bad; the red one just runs a little more upright), and the latter of which's base is made of that stupid soft rubbery plastic and because of that it doesn't sit flat.  Once I got Vader all set up though, I knew that he was going to be a problem in a few months/years.

One silver peg to hold up an extremely heavy figure on a non-solid base at a weird angle is just asking for trouble.  It's really nice to look at, but I'm afraid to leave it assembled in the fear that I'm going to hear a huge thud in the middle of the night and see Vader lying face down in the floor.  The way he's posed makes it difficult to "lean" his hand against something to hold him upright too.

Yoda/Sidious is cool though.  I kind of wish they had made the "swoosh" a little bit more secure at the base of Palpatine's robes, but since it's just going to be sitting on a shelf, it shouldn't cause me too many headaches.