Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 149128 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #555 on: January 26, 2004, 11:29 PM »
Well...there are small display cases for these

Not sure if I've read if anyone has had much success getting a bunch of them however.  I have mine in a wall mounted display case all loose (all of my stuff is loose)

Also, we have a thread over in the Other Toys Section for Misc Kubricks if you want to come on over and check it out FEL!

Kubricks and Minimates

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #556 on: January 26, 2004, 11:33 PM »
I have almost a complete set of Matrix Kubricks on the way as well!  I still need Twin 1 & 2 and Morpheous.  Anyone know where I can pick up these other then ebaY?  BBTS, sells random individual figures, seems like an unusual concept.

-Fish-

And the answer to this question is to think of some Kubricks Series like Baseball cards...you buy a pack and you don't know what is inside, there are certain odds as to which figure you'll get (3 out of 12 or 3 out of 24 up to 1 out of 96)  So there are commons found in every sealed case, some rares found in every sealed case and figures called chase that are found in 1 in every two or four cases.  Other Kubricks are sold (like SW) where you know what the figure is inside of the box but there are again Variants (rare paint changes 3 different Boba Fetts) and chases (like the Indiana Jones Figure)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #557 on: January 26, 2004, 11:45 PM »
Indy :'(

but to answer your question Matt n2, those of us that are sane and not heinous torturers open and proudly display our Kubrick's :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #558 on: January 27, 2004, 12:08 AM »
Well...there are small display cases for these

Not sure if I've read if anyone has had much success getting a bunch of them however.  I have mine in a wall mounted display case all loose (all of my stuff is loose)

Also, we have a thread over in the Other Toys Section for Misc Kubricks if you want to come on over and check it out FEL!

Kubricks and Minimates

That looks like an acrylic display case, very nice collection.   Thanks for the info and link to that other thread.

-Fish-

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #559 on: January 27, 2004, 12:11 AM »
Indy :'(

but to answer your question Matt n2, those of us that are sane and not heinous torturers open and proudly display our Kubrick's :P

O.K. - O.K., but how about those completist among us...chime in at any time.  Are you really getting one boxed and one loose?  Can you really resist not opening a Han to see if you have an Indy inside?

-Fish-

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #560 on: January 27, 2004, 12:58 AM »
O.K. - O.K., but how about those completist among us...chime in at any time.  Are you really getting one boxed and one loose?  Can you really resist not opening a Han to see if you have an Indy inside?

Brent's not talking about opening the individual figure boxes Matt - we all do that.  He's referring to the clear, sealed plastic bags inside the individual boxes that the figures come in, and with the sole exception of Mr. Death by Suffocation Dale  :P, we ALL open ours up to display loose.  There's of course the obvious exceptions of the carded Boba Fett and Luke Skywalker figures though, which no one in their right mind would ever open.

But as for where you can find these, eBay's probably going to be your best bet if you've already searched through the various classifieds and trading boards around the various forums, as well as this thread - where you'll find most of the top Star Wars Kubrick collectors online.  I'll fill you in on the rest of the juicy details on this line Thursday night when we get together though Matt...

- M
« Last Edit: January 27, 2004, 01:13 AM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #561 on: January 27, 2004, 08:47 AM »
I have 4 cases of the small display cases coming from HLJ as soon as they get there order in.  8)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #562 on: January 27, 2004, 02:27 PM »
I have 4 cases of the small display cases coming from HLJ as soon as they get there order in.  8)

And exactly how are you going to fit those clear plastic bags in them D?   ???   :P

Or do you only keep the VHTF Chase figures in their plastic prisons, and you release the rest?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #563 on: January 27, 2004, 02:30 PM »
We can't breath in here

Free Them!!!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #564 on: January 27, 2004, 02:35 PM »

Suf......fo......cat......ing......  (silence).  RIP.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #565 on: January 27, 2004, 03:06 PM »
"I don't know, I'm making this up as I go"
RIP Indiana Jones
1981-2004 :'(

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #566 on: January 27, 2004, 03:09 PM »
I really need to order some of those little plastic boxes as well. Although I will probably have to put that off, pending a possible upcoming purchase ;)

Poor Indy... He's fallen from planes only to be saved by a life raft, dodged bullets, outsmarted the most cunning boobie traps, and has solved ancient riddles. Yet, for all his wit and intelligence, he's yet to escape the plastic bag of death.

My question is, since he drank from the Holy Grail and has been granted life everlasting, is he still alive in that little bag? He's gotta be going crazy in there...
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #567 on: January 27, 2004, 10:05 PM »
You guys slay me!   ;D   They stay in ther clear plastic bags of doom forever, even in the soon to be new plastic prisons!  :P

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #568 on: January 28, 2004, 06:24 AM »
I haven't seen those plastic display cases on sale in Japan for a long time now. I'm not even sure if they are planning to release them again. I bought about 32 of them and still have a few spare for some upcoming purchases. But I wish I had bought more of them now.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #569 on: January 28, 2004, 12:15 PM »
There is a carded Fett on eBay right now...not at $600

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3171710609