Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 146050 times)

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #750 on: February 13, 2004, 08:57 AM »
I wish I would have had my senses about me when that loose early bird set ended.  I definitely should have bid higher, I think I was just in shock that it went from like $66.00 to $113.61 in last 30 seconds.  So suddenly it didn't sound like such a great deal.  Now it sounds like a pretty good deal as I will be opening my set to display it anyway.   ;)  

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #751 on: February 13, 2004, 11:25 AM »
No early bird set for me either, I just started collecting since christmas, and at The prices now i may not have one. I may end up spending that much just for the two series ones i'm still missing. the carded luke my be in my price range but the boba fett i am afraid i will never have at close to 400 dollars. Indy is starting to level out so there my be one in my future.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #752 on: February 13, 2004, 11:31 AM »
This carded Boba Fett just ended for $425.01.   :'(

Boba Fett carded Kubrick-Star Wars-NR

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #753 on: February 13, 2004, 12:26 PM »
Looks like Boba may be taking an ever so slight turn downward in price. Maybe it will go lower, but I cant imagine many more circulating around for my longer...
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Mos-Quito

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #754 on: February 13, 2004, 12:49 PM »
I did see the Early Bird set back in the time when it was US$90ish, but I kept delaying as I went for the series 1 case first. Stupid me. What's the price for the Endor set going to be, does anyone know?

BTW check out: http://search.ebay.com.au/search/search.dll?GetResult&basicsearch=&from=R10&ht=1&saavailabletosite=15&satitle=star+wars+kubrick&sosortproperty=1&sorecordstoskip=50
Scroll down and see the auction with Carded Fett pictured. I nearly had a heart attact. That is so misleading.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #755 on: February 13, 2004, 01:26 PM »
Yep, definitely misleading, but I certainly see stuff like that happen quite frequently.  Usually it's in the auction title though, where a seller will mention something hot and HTF just to attract more viewers to his auction.  The pic of the carded Fett essentially does the same thing - gets you to click on his auction.  Not necessarily false advertising (once you actually look at the auction details), but certainly sneaky advertising...

Here's an auction for an individual Zuckuss figure, and the seller's also got Dengar and 4-LOM up seperately as well for those who are missing just these 3.  Unfortunately, you'll probably see that buying them individually will cost you as much, if not more, than just buying a complete set of all 6 Bounty Hunters.  Mos-Quito will have to tell us what those are in U.S. $ though, since that's the Aussie eBay site there...

We'll keep an eye on those Early Bird sets for everyone and hopefully find some decent deals so everyone can get their hook up!   8)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #756 on: February 13, 2004, 01:41 PM »
Mos-Quito will have to tell us what those are in U.S. $ though, since that's the Aussie eBay site there...

Actually, its found on the main eBay site due to the fact the seller "Will ship worldwide". Shows the Zuckuss sitting at US $19.89 which the seller misspelled Zuckess in the title.

KUBRICK STAR WARS S1 ZUCKUS RARE MISB

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #757 on: February 13, 2004, 01:44 PM »
Perhaps Simon can get some more Early Bird Sets (???) just asking, that is where I got mine from ;)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #758 on: February 13, 2004, 03:23 PM »
I did see the Early Bird set back in the time when it was US$90ish, but I kept delaying as I went for the series 1 case first. Stupid me. What's the price for the Endor set going to be, does anyone know?

I think it's supposed to run about $35-$40

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #759 on: February 13, 2004, 06:04 PM »
I talked to the person who runs the kubrickworld website and he said he could get me a set of the endor figures, and with shipping and finders fees he said it would be $70.00 which I thought was a little high for the two figure. They just didn't worth that much but some of the early ebay auction had it going for over a hundred. I never delt with the website owner before so not so shore how good of a deal he was giving.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #760 on: February 13, 2004, 07:08 PM »
Maybe Simon (He's No Good To Me Dead) can help you out with the Endor set, he's helping a lot of other guys here, including me :)

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #761 on: February 13, 2004, 07:57 PM »
Congrat's to scrub.  I noticed he just purchased an Early Bird set from the same seller that I did.   ;D  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #762 on: February 13, 2004, 11:18 PM »
Maybe Simon (He's No Good To Me Dead) can help you out with the Endor set, he's helping a lot of other guys here, including me :)
And me, smae goes for the Early Bird Set as I said a page or so ago ;)

Offline Mos-Quito

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #763 on: February 13, 2004, 11:40 PM »
$35-$40? Wow not bad. Was the Early Bird set originally around at that price too?

buffet1fan, $70 doesn’t seem that bad, considering they might go up to $100+ later. At the same time it’s best to wait and hunt on eBay upon its release date for a chance to luck out on a good deal….. Hard to gamble isn’t it. :-\

Simon, if you could squeeze in a couple more guys in your list for that Endor set (and maybe the Early Bird), please put me down for one. You probably don’t remember me, but I was one of your series 1 customer from down under. Thanks again for the Dexter Pepsi bottle cap ;D

Ooh another new Early Bird owner! Congrats, scrubs! How much did that set end up with?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 12:57 AM by Mos-Quito »

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #764 on: February 13, 2004, 11:51 PM »
Mos-Quito, buffet1fan was the one who talked to Founder of Kubrickworld about the set for $70.00.  I emailed Simon a week ago to see if he could help me out with an Endor set, and he said he probably would be able to.  I hate to ask people for help that I barely even know, but living in the U.S. and being a Kubrick collector is a challenging situation.  Thanks Simon for helping the members here out.  We appreciate it greatly.   :)