Author Topic: EU Clone concepts - UPDATED 10/13 V.2 Stormtrooper  (Read 38572 times)

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded Universe Clone concepts
« Reply #15 on: September 5, 2005, 07:56 PM »
Hey JubJub,

KEWL!  (jk  ::))

I sometimes lurk the RS Customs boards and I have been admiring your clone concepts for a while.  They are all very impressive - the amount of detail that goes into each is amazing and they all look great.  I'm pretty sure that all of your concept clones are way outta my league, but I hope some of the other guys here tackle some of them. 
I love that Clone Commissar.  Do you know about Warhammer 40k?  It reminds me of some of the Imperial Guard Commissars from that line.  That might be because they were influeced by the same historical references as you though.  Anyway, great concept and I hope to see some more!

Yeah, I used to really be into WH40K back in the day, I painted the miniatures and what not, but I was mostly attracted to the mythos.  I believe that they were planning a CGI movie of Space Hulk for a time, weren't they?  I admit that I am also influenced by some of the ideas thrown around in that universe...hence my Close Combat Clone with power fist...

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
SNIPER CLONE
« Reply #16 on: September 5, 2005, 08:08 PM »
Sniper Clone. I was thinking of a helmet visor attachment of some sort that partially resembles the OT Death Star Gunner helmets. This is suppose to be dedicated to his sniper rifle and is connected as such. The helmet and gun work together, the helmet constantly recalibrating the rifle based on range, atmospheric conditions, surface density of target, etc. He always get's his target.  Incidetally, the helmet started to remind me of the Alien creature from the Aliens franchise, so added the triangles on his mouthpiece to resemble teeth of sorts.

Custom made by Siuol_Fett over at the RS boards...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 06:48 PM by jubjubjedi »

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 5, 2005, 09:07 PM »
Hey JubJub!

Nice to see you joining here! Your illustrations have blown me away since I've seen them on RS. My favourite is the recon clone- Kinda has that republic commando feel to it.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #18 on: September 5, 2005, 09:11 PM »
hey jub jub could you draw the sniper clone facing us so i can see the helmet its a good i dea for the sniper of my squad

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
CLOSE COMBAT TROOPER
« Reply #19 on: September 5, 2005, 09:12 PM »
These guys are basically used in boarding parties or close-quarter situations where standard blasters and rifles become unwieldy.  The basic Clone Trooper armor is retrofitted with extra plating for physical impacts and in some cases, absorbs or deflects blaster fire.  Their right arms are augmented with bionics that increase strength,the accompanying "power fists" are lightly shielded, using the same technolgoy that protects vehicles, which makes them suitable for punching through bulkheads and droid carapaces.  These are also equipped with an optional propellant of sorts, which in short burst, increases the impact of the "power fist" when a punch is thrown, for example.  This isn't used very often as the capability is limited.  They are also armed with Blaster pistols and various other melee weapons as suited for individual taste.

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
OUTLANDER CLONETROOPER
« Reply #20 on: September 6, 2005, 01:49 AM »
Influenced by the concept art for Commander Faie, I figured that these guys have been stationed in the outer reaches of the Galaxy, far from resupply lines.  This forces them to often improvise by using the indegenous materials as needed, which often would include projectile weapons when blaster charges are running out and using local fabrics for camoflague.  Survival gear is a must.  These guys often have to employ guerrilla tactics.

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
URBAN TACTICS CLONETROOPER
« Reply #21 on: September 6, 2005, 01:53 AM »
This is actually a commissioned character so he doesn't have a thought out backstory yet, but I figure the name says it all...

« Last Edit: September 7, 2005, 10:52 PM by jubjubjedi »

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 6, 2005, 01:57 AM »
Another character with a self-evident purpose ;D... I wanted to use a more OT type weapon for this guy, sorta like the weapons used by the goons in Jabba's employ, as opposed to a gun type weapon.  I think I may have used too much red on the armor, though.  Notice the insignia on this forehead, meant to resemble devil horns.

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Jedi Knight Jatilika Ortada
« Reply #23 on: September 6, 2005, 02:02 AM »
Just a generic Jedi with no real backstory.  I messed up on her neck a little, but it's too late to fix now...

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded Universe Clone concepts-UPDATED 9/7
« Reply #24 on: September 7, 2005, 10:54 PM »
bump ;D

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #25 on: September 7, 2005, 11:01 PM »
I love that Powerfist!  That would definitely work well in the Star Wars universe!
Was that aeseven7 that made that black-armored commisioned clone?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 7, 2005, 11:12 PM »
I love that Powerfist!  That would definitely work well in the Star Wars universe!
Was that aeseven7 that made that black-armored commisioned clone?

Yeah, he's made both clone customs pictured in this thread, Commissar Straasha and the Urban Tactics Clonetrooper.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 8, 2005, 12:59 AM »
welcome jubjub  :)

i have really enjoyed your drawings on RS and they have inspired me to come up with an elite Mygeeto clone based on several things in your designs. its a WIP at the moment, but i just wanted to say thank you for sharing your wonderful talents with all of us. :)

Offline baragon

• Youngling
  • WHO WANTS ICE CREAM?!?!
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket account
« Reply #28 on: September 8, 2005, 04:04 PM »
Man those clones are so awsome! ;D
I will eat you!!!

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 8, 2005, 04:27 PM »
welcome jubjub  :)

i have really enjoyed your drawings on RS and they have inspired me to come up with an elite Mygeeto clone based on several things in your designs. its a WIP at the moment, but i just wanted to say thank you for sharing your wonderful talents with all of us. :)

Hey, thanks!  Can't wait to see your Elite Mygeeto Clone... maybe you can have me illustrate it for you in case you want to do some packaging... ;D