Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 73046 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Xbox One
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2017, 02:16 PM »
My gold account is croaking soon...  looks like time to start looking for a new deal on that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2017, 10:17 AM »
I have a $10 off coupon for anything at Best Buy because my birthday is in January....might use it on a new Xbox live Gold card.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 4, 2017, 10:04 PM »
I have a $10 off coupon for anything at Best Buy because my birthday is in January....might use it on a new Xbox live Gold card.

Totally forgot that I got my membership last year around this time.  Just paid full price for XBox Live  ::)  I couldn't find anything online for under $50, and almost all of those were sold out or required shipping (and I wanted to play tonight).  Sucks paying full price, but worth the extra $10 not to dick around with it all night. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #138 on: February 9, 2017, 12:23 PM »
GTA IV goes backwards-compatible today. Other BC titles added since last time:

• Alice: Madness Returns
  • Battlefield 3
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2
  • Beat'n Groovy
  • BioShock
  • BioShock 2
  • BioShock Infinite
  • Bully: Scholarship Edition
  • Catherine
  • Clannad
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • Ghostbusters: The Video Game
  • Haunted House
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • Juju
  • LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
  • Mad Tracks
  • Mega Man 9
  • Mega Man 10
  • Midway Arcade Origins
  • Mutant Storm Empire
  • Planets Under Attack
  • Raskulls
  • Rocket Knight
  • Scrap Metal
  • Shadowrun
  • Shadows of the Damned
  • Shotest Shogi
  • Skydive: Proximity Flight
  • Space Ark
  • The Splatters
  • Strania
  • Tekken 6
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 9, 2017, 01:48 PM »
I'm thinking of picking up Lego Indian Jones for my son.  This is an older game so there are lots of used copies out there.  Anybody have any advice pro/con on buying used video games vs. buying new?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 9, 2017, 02:42 PM »
Make sure the disc isn't scratched and don't expect any included DLC codes to work.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2017, 01:12 AM »
Awesome, so with GTAIV, all I need is for them to make NCAA Football and LA Noire backwards compatible and I can toss my 360
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2017, 06:38 AM »
In general used copies are generally ok but if a games real old look around for a new unsold copy for cheap even on eBay.  Just my preference.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2017, 02:37 PM »
So, has anyone else had issues with their XBOX Live Subscription?  Mine ran out at the end of the year, so a few weeks back I picked up a new one at full price.  Found today that XBOX charged my credit card twice.  I called up to get one payment cancelled and was presented with the offer to keep both payments and extend my sub to 2019.  I said no, but was asked THREE MORE TIMES.  Then they transferred me to someone who literally sounded like she was trying to stall to keep me on the line while they traced the number or robbed my garage.  At one point, she gave me a 25 digit code checking in on each individual number.  "The next letter that is in the code is going to be the letter J...for Joline, okay?  That is a J which is the next character in the series, so you will want to enter a J next, alright?  Let me know when you have entered the letter J and then we can advance to the next number or letter in the series."  Now re-read that at one-third speed and you have my call-in experience.  I'm a pretty patient guy, but was easily 60 seconds away from my head exploding.  Then it took her forever to tell me they completely cancelled my subscription(!) instead of just trimming off the extra year.  So, I had to get a cancellation notice, then re-register and enter a code for a "free" year of XBOX.  Which conveniently auto-renews.  Love my XBOX, but that CS is a joke.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2017, 08:06 PM »
I've been buying the Live subscription cards for about a year now for that very reason. My credit card expired last year and I forgot to update it with Live, so they charged me like $50, $10 for the month and then the rest were "nonpayment fees" or some BS. Then it refused to let me use a subscription card until I paid them. Took about an hour on the phone to get that mess cleared up.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2017, 11:15 AM »
Never put your credit card into an online subscription service considering how often the Playstation network has been hacked.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2017, 03:32 PM »
Have any of you bought the elite controller?  I'm wondering if there's any real reason to spend $130-$140 on one of them?  I don't play online... I just play single player games in the vein of Resident Evil, Gears of War, Skyrim, Bioshock...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2017, 03:48 PM »
If I don't even play online I cannot imagine a single reason to buy a controller that expensive.  The regularly priced ones I wait for sales even.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2017, 01:23 AM »
Have any of you bought the elite controller?  I'm wondering if there's any real reason to spend $130-$140 on one of them?  I don't play online... I just play single player games in the vein of Resident Evil, Gears of War, Skyrim, Bioshock...

I got a good deal on the Elite version of the X-box which came with the controller.  It's nice, but I don't even use the extra paddles that come with it.  When it came time for me to get a second controller (to play Lego TFA with my son), I did not feel the need to purchase a second one.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2017, 08:36 AM »
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is now free for Gold members through the end of the month. It's backwards-compatible on Xbox One.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."