Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 201690 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #915 on: March 25, 2008, 03:19 PM »
For all of the LJ haters here is another shot. The other shots are very early proto shots that are getting tweaked.

LJ's had a boob job I'm guessing...  Look at the size of those things.  Yikes!  :o

Agreed that that's a far superior figure and the earlier one's pretty clearly just a poor hand painted figure.  That looks pretty good though and as a kid I always wante an LJ figure to come with the proper accessories and no goddam hat.  Love the javeline gear there though.  All the different tipped warheads on them even.  Very cool accessories.

The Joe line is INSANELY hard to pass up for me, mind you. :)  I'm admiring from afar, but my brother gave me a cobra pack he got extra in the mail the other day...  ****.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #916 on: March 25, 2008, 03:25 PM »
Is there a site out there that has a round-up of all the QnA's like we have here and on Scum?? I know of only a few Joe sites and it's hard enough to find their own QnA's..

http://www.generalsjoes.com/qanda.html

Not like Matt's fine work, but at least it gives you the sites that ask Questions.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #917 on: March 25, 2008, 03:35 PM »
The Joe line is INSANELY hard to pass up for me, mind you.   I'm admiring from afar, but my brother gave me a cobra pack he got extra in the mail the other day...  ****. 

I started out strong with the line, and keep thinking/saying that I need to stop or seriously cut back - but it is tough.  Like I've said before, its not that I don't like the line - I do - but there is just so much stuff out this year that its hard to keep up.  That said, I spotted a Rock n Roll at TRU the other day, and had to pick it up.  I've kind of taken the view with this line that if I happen across the ones I want at retail, I might pick them up - but I don't want to "chase" after another line.  Still, I plan to be winding down on these (although those vehicles will be tempting), just picking up a few more singles here and there, and probably the "Entertainment" packs for the DVDs mainly (and some of the figures).  It is a tough line to pass on though, you're right there Jesse.

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #918 on: March 25, 2008, 03:56 PM »
Hey guys.  This is a re-post that I originally posted in another part of the forum.  Thought maybe I could get some advice/help with a question:

I've seen the new Snake-Eyes/Stormshadow packs at WalMart.  It says that the comic that comes with it is another "silent issue" set after (I think) the infamous Marvel issue #21 silent issue.  I guess what I am wondering is if this is a completely new comic book altogether and not just a reprint of one of the original Marvel run GI Joe comics like the others are.  I know that there was another "silent" issue a few years later around issue #100 or so when they were doing the whole remake of Snake-Eyes again.  Has anyone found this pack, opened it up and seen the comic?  Or are familiar with the 80's comics and know off-hand.  Or maybe have even read somewhere on the web if this is a new comic. 

Reason being is that I am a GI Joe comic fan.  I have the complete series from the entire Marvel, Image, Devil's Due, etc. runs.  Anyways, I just want to know if this is new comic and worth purchasing the SE/SS two pack.  As stated before, I'm not into buying the figures anymore, but if this is a "limited" comic, I may have to saves some pennies and cash in some aluminum cans for this one. 

Thanks,
Jeff

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #919 on: March 25, 2008, 04:17 PM »
Reason being is that I am a GI Joe comic fan.  I have the complete series from the entire Marvel, Image, Devil's Due, etc. runs.  Anyways, I just want to know if this is new comic and worth purchasing the SE/SS two pack.  As stated before, I'm not into buying the figures anymore, but if this is a "limited" comic, I may have to saves some pennies and cash in some aluminum cans for this one. 

The comic was terrible, you are not missing anything - period. If I did not sell the comic in a recent ebay lot I would have sent it to you for free. I was surprised how bad it was and was looking forward to it. Do not lose sleep over this one.

Brian, JJ I am with you. This line is too good to pass up, I am in 100%. I understand so many of you are excited about Indiana Jones and are saving for that. For me, despite not wanting to get into vehicles outside of Star Wars, the child hood memories attached to G.I. Joe are far too strong to say no. I am very excited about the Battle Packs and hope this line continues for awhile. With CW being animated this is the only line that really excites me until the CW crap goes realistic! Like SW I am ordering full cases online now. The store runs are too difficult........
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #920 on: March 25, 2008, 04:57 PM »
Ironically...I just returned my SE/SS comic pack this morning.  I just couldn't stand the thought of owning these guys again even though I'm looking forward to the SE with weasel skulls.

It appeared that distribution was running smoothly for this line for about two months straight in my neck of the woods, but it seems to have dried up again for some reason.  Luckily I finally found a Fred/Scarface pack so I can send off for Doc, but I really wish I had some more tabs or Flag points or whatever to send off to keep one carded.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #921 on: March 25, 2008, 11:46 PM »
The comic was terrible, you are not missing anything - period.

Did it have anything remotely to do with the Marvel comics storyline at all, or was it that terrible that I'm really not missining anything?

Jeff

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #922 on: March 26, 2008, 11:40 AM »
Jeff,
PM me with your address and I will send you one of  my extra copies.

It is ok for what it is.  A pack in. 

I would not say it is the worst product ever, but it is not quite Issue 26 either...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #923 on: March 26, 2008, 01:26 PM »
Supposedly the new Target vehicles (H.I.S.S. & AWE Stiker) are hitting Target's stockrooms....

087-06-0918

Go Joe Go!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #924 on: March 26, 2008, 01:55 PM »
Damn! I think I'll have to get a coulpe HISS tanks.   :-\

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #925 on: March 26, 2008, 03:14 PM »
And I was at Target this morning....

Do we know a definate release date on these?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #926 on: March 26, 2008, 11:02 PM »
I wonder if they'll be out with the Order 66 2-packs. It seems likely with both SW and TF having exclusives out around the same time.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #927 on: March 26, 2008, 11:18 PM »
I wonder if they'll be out with the Order 66 2-packs. It seems likely with both SW and TF having exclusives out around the same time.

I checked a few local Targets after work today with no dice, but I assume they'll be showing up in the following weeks, just not on an  endcap in the front of the store with the o66 packs and the TF stuff.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #928 on: March 27, 2008, 08:19 AM »
Over at Histank.com the Rumor was that they have an April 13th Street date.

At $9.99 a piece, they are worth it for sure.

Now if the Spirit/Wild Bill wave would just show up....

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #929 on: March 27, 2008, 09:37 AM »
Am I reading that right?  $9.99 each for the HISS and AWE?  If so that's freakin' awesome.