Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 418337 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1980 on: July 6, 2006, 08:39 PM »
I have to agree, I have both versions and the new one is much better. The first one is very small compared to the Hulk.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1981 on: July 10, 2006, 03:57 PM »
Ok, not sure if this is accurate at all or not - but according to a couple of posts at the TNI forums - this week's Toyfare has the lineup for the first "Hasbro" wave of Marvel Legends.  It is rumored to include the following:

"Planet Hulk" Hulk
Ultimate Iron Man
Emma Frost
Hercules
Banshee
BAF Annihilus

Like I said, it could be a load of crap - we'll see, but that is the rumor right now for the first Hasbro wave of ML.  Just thought I'd pass it along just in case.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1982 on: July 11, 2006, 09:40 AM »
According to Wizard's Preview for ToyFare #109, it sounds like that wave might be true.  They list the following as Hasbro's first wave of Marvel Legends:

Planet Hulk (pictured)
Banshee
Hercules
Movie Beast
Emma Frost
Ultimate Iron Man
Annihilus BAF

They also mention that the issue will show images of the movie Ghost Rider toys, and new Spider-Man toys from Hasbro.  This, alongside the Star Wars news, could make this an interesting issue.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1983 on: July 11, 2006, 07:41 PM »
I've seen the Toyfare pics and everything Brian posted is true.  Couldn't make out too much detail but most of them look good.  Hercules and Annihilus look to be the gems of the wave.

Will wait until tomorrow when I see the mag in person before I comment any further.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1984 on: July 11, 2006, 10:30 PM »
I may actually buy the magazine tomorrow and not wait for my subscription.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1985 on: July 12, 2006, 10:10 AM »
It sounds like ToyFare also has some information on some other upcoming lines from Hasbro.  There will be a Spider-Man Origins line, consisting of repackaged ToyBiz Spideys in different costumes, and a few new Spideys (Iron Spidey and Spidey 2099 are mentioned).  There is also a Mego-style line (also with the "Origins" moniker, but reportedly 8") with cloth costumes (Spider-Man Origins Signature Series).  It sounds like later this year there will be some "battle packs" released with Movie Spidey vs. Green Goblin, Movie Spidey vs. Doc Ock, and Comic Spidey vs. Venom.  Also, a new line called "Superhero Squad" covering the Marvel characters in the style of Galactic Heroes.  Some pics and info have been scanned HERE the last time I saw, and its all in ToyFare #109 in comic shops today.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 10:11 AM by Brian »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1986 on: July 12, 2006, 04:35 PM »
Ok, I have to ask: why?

Movie Spidey vs. Green Goblin?  Uh, don't we have those already, or are they figments of my collection's imagination?

Movie Spidey vs. Doc Ock?  Uh, ditto?

Comic Spidey vs. Venom?  Don't I already own 17 comic Spidey's and 3 Venom's?  Ok, maybe only two, I didn't buy the third Venom release. 

Is Spidey 2099 new or repackaged Toyfare stuff?  If they're repacking other stuff, why not the 2099 figure? 

I don't understand why the rehash mentality.  Oh wait, that's right it IS Hasbro.   ::)

I like the news of Emma Frost :P, Banshee and some others but I think if you give me a She-Hulk in Legends scale, I'll be done with this line. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1987 on: July 12, 2006, 04:59 PM »
I thought I saw a rumored Wave XVII over at fwoosh that did have She-Hulk...

Iron Spidey
Odin Armor Thor
Movie Beast
She Hulk
Quicksilver

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1988 on: July 12, 2006, 05:13 PM »
That's an interesting wave.  Not sure we're quite due yet for another Thor, but with all the Iron Men, Hulks and Spideys, what the hell. 

I can dream.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1989 on: July 12, 2006, 06:04 PM »
Yeah, sounds like a lot of rehashing going on in the Spidey line(s) - at least to start things off.  Some things don't sound too bad though.  As far as "versions" of Spidey himself, there aren't too many more left to do probably - or many that people would buy - so I don't mind too much if they start things off in the Origins line with the best versions of each of his outfits alongside villains (hopefully some new) - or, if we can dream, figures like Mary Jane, Robbie, etc.  After we get Electro, Shocker, and maybe some of the others who were only in box sets (Black Cat), there might not be a whole lot new to do in the Spidey world (Chameleon, Tombstone, Hammerhead, etc.?)

I guess I don't mind the movie figures repacked too much because I missed out on most of the Spidey 1 line, and always wanted to get a Goblin (and J. Jonah and MJ).  I've been watching ebay, but I might just hold out now.  I know movie figures aren't always the most popular, but I like to pick up the Spidey ones.  I can understand why other people would not be interested at all though.  I thought I read a rumor or something about the Spidey vs. Venom "comic" pack having something to do with one of those polls that Marvel/ToyBiz ran a little while back (Famous Battles/Famous Covers I think).  That might just be a rumor, so we'll see.

I picked up the latest ToyFare today, and it was nice to see some new Legends on the way from Hasbro.  There was always so much uncertainty if the line would even continue, and if so, in the same form - and its good to see that it is.  They make a point of saying that the pictures are "rough" protos, so I'm sure improvements will be made as well.  That said, they didn't look too bad.  Like Brent mentioned too, I'm really starting to think about what I'd really want at this point.  I mean lots of the figures look great, but we're really starting to get down there as far as characters go.  I'd like to see a She-Hulk as well, along with a few more Spidey baddies/supporting cast, but many of these waves that are coming up are only 1 or 2 figures for me most likely, which is probably just as well.  It would be ok if it would be winding down, I need to cut back due to spending/display space anyways.

Oh - Toy Fare also shows the beginnings of a Mego-type line (Spidey and his baddies), as well as a Galactic Hero styled Marvel line.  Sounds like 2006 might be the end of the "Spidey and Friends" line, if anyone is interested in those.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1990 on: July 12, 2006, 06:21 PM »
Here's my I'd like to see these wishlist.  However...I don't see hardly any of those ever being made.  Especially the Wrecking Crew or

Quicksilver
Black Knight
She-Hulk
Yellowjacket
Tigra
Jarvis
Bulldozer
Wrecker
Piledriver
Thunderball
Enchantress
Klaw
US Agent
Molecule Man
Captain Marvel/Photon
Starfox
The Blob
Mole Man
Captain America WWII
Bucky

Of this list, really this first 4 are must do's IMO, the rest is reaches and stuff I want.  Which is, to complete Secret Wars teams and/or old Cap/Avengers charcters/enemies

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1991 on: July 13, 2006, 12:18 PM »
The pictures look very rough. I am sure they will fix them up alot. It is very nice to see Hasbro will continue the line and not start all over with the same old figures. I like the Spider-Man news and the Ghost Rider figure looks pretty good.

As for the characters chosen, i could do without the Movie Beast and the Ultimate Iron Man.

My wish list:

Adam Warlock
Sleepwalker
DarkHawk
Pip
Blackbolt
Nova
Bucky
Quasar
Constrictor
Moleman
Wendigo
Quicksilver
Doppelganger
Prowler
Chameleon
Puma
Mary Jane
Aunt May
Kaine
Cosmic Spider-Man
Molten Man
Tombstone
Silver Sable
Mephisto
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 12:22 PM by evenflow »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1992 on: July 13, 2006, 03:25 PM »
After reading the article in ToyFare 107 I see Hasbro isn't making sense any more than Toy Biz did. After all they are making what I consider to be the same mistakes that Toy Biz did; mixing lines.

I am happy to get a Banshee and a White Queen. My only hope is that there is a variant White Queen in her 80's outfit.

I would like to see them make the following...

Dazzler (80's & 90's not current)
Psylocke

More Age of Apocalypse
- Magneto
- Apocalyspe
- Rouge
- Gambit
- Angel
- Cyclops
- Jean
- Sinister
- Holocaust
- Nate Grey

More 1st Appearances
- Wolverine
- Psylocke
- Iceman

A box set that would be great is if they did the different incarnations of Apocalypse' Horsemen

1st Incarnation...
Plague (Morlock survivor) PESTILENCE, Abraham Kieros WAR, Autumn Rolfson FAMINE, Archangel DEATH

2nd Incarnation...
Wolverine DEATH, Deathbird WAR, Caliban PESTILENCE, & Ahab FAMINE

3rd Incarnation...
Gazer WAR, Sunfire FAMINE, Polaris PESTILENCE, & Gambit DEATH

Age of Apocalypse 1st Group...
Sabretooth, Candra, Gidion, Death, & War

Age of Apocalypse 2nd Group...
Holocaust, Mikhail Rasputin, Abyss & Mr. Sinister

Plus some where in all of this put a Hulk from standard time line.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1993 on: July 17, 2006, 12:54 AM »
Series 14 up at toysrus.com

What are the odds the variants aren't sold out more than two weeks later?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1994 on: July 18, 2006, 04:19 PM »
Picked up Abomination today at Target putting to be Series 13