Community > The Bullpen

Marvel Legends Haslab - Galactus

(1/5) > >>

Nicklab:
Check out the reveal of the next Marvel Legends Haslab campaign - Galactus!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRZAmT6t5kl/?utm_medium=copy_link

McMetal:
Looks amazing, but I’m almost more curious what the sweeteners could be for this thing. Terrax? Another herald?

Nicklab:
The campaign goal is 14,000.  At $399 per figure it's pretty steep, so the sweeteners had better be pretty good.  Galactus looks really impressive - the hands alone are pretty amazing, and I think each hand has 20 POA.

Right now they're at 10,000 backers with a month to go.  I think they're going to hit the mark, but this doesn't look like the kind of runaway that the Sentinel was.  The goal of 14,000 seems like it's been influenced by the Sentinel campaign - that goal was 6,000 and it wound up topping out at over 21,000.  I think a goal of 10,000 or 12,000 might have been more achievable, and then Hasbro could start playing around with stretch goals in order to drive interest.  But from what I've seen it took a while for this campaign to get from 9,000 to 10,000 backers.  Stretch goals of the various heralds of Galactus seem likely.  A Silver Surfer would be the most obvious choice.  Terrax is another.  But the only other one that I can think of would be Firelord.  After that I really have to start doing research.

I'm curious about how this is going to unfold.  Because even though both the Sentinel and Galactus are big, the nature of the characters is very different.  The Sentinel has always had an army building appeal, so that's a big difference from the get-go.  And there are collectors who actually expressed an interest in having more than one Sentinel for that very purpose. 

Will people buy more than one Galactus with the express intention of flipping it?  Probably.  The Sail Barge is fetching close to $2K (about 4 times the original price).  Unicron sells for around $1400 (close to 3 times the original purchase price).  People are already trying to sell their extra Razor Crests for at least double the original price.  It's as if people are fine with tying up even more pre-order money because they think that flipping the extras will not only pay for themselves, but also the one that you're going to keep.

Brian:
I’m kind of tempted, although I don’t know where I’d put it. I passed on the Sentinel, as cool as it looks, because I had already backed big ticket stuff like the barge and Crest….and I have the two previous ones they had done. At this point it feels like I buy more Marvel than Star Wars, and Galactus would be a great centerpiece to that collection. I do have the previous version, which is nice as well, but not as grand as this new one. I’ll have to see.

I do think it will reach its goal, and there are already teases for Frankie Raye Nova and Surfer as stretch goals, so that will help the numbers as well. It was a lofty goal though.

McMetal:
So I guess they are stretch goals now, not sweeteners, so they won’t show any of that stuff off until they hit 14k backers. Agree that was a lofty goal, and it has been slow moving lately.

I think I’m in but no idea where I’m going to get that money from up front. When I backed the barge I used PayPal and had six months to pay it off, which was easy. But I don’t think they offer that option anymore.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version