Author Topic: GameStop Black Series 6" Heavy Battle Droid  (Read 3268 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
GameStop Black Series 6" Heavy Battle Droid
« on: November 12, 2019, 03:13 PM »
New line of Black Series 6" figures coming exclusively to GameStop beginning in 2020 - "Gaming Greats".

Black Series 6" Heavy Battle Droid (from Star Wars Battlefront II video game)

Up for pre-order now.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 12:04 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: GameStop Black Series 6" Heavy Battle Droid
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 10:51 PM »
I saw this was available for pre-order over the weekend on GameStop’s website, but only for delivery, there was no in-store pick up option. So I went into my nearest store and tried to preorder it in person but they said they couldn’t do it, and that it must be an online only thing.  ::)

I can see now this is going to be a huge pain in the butt to track down, wish they would stop doing these like this. I swear the Purge Trooper must have been the smallest production run of any 6” figure ever.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 02:34 PM »
Saw this came back into stock today so I went ahead and ordered two to get the Free Shipping, because of course Revan was still sold out. After striking out everywhere locally this was my only chance outside of eBay I figured.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 07:31 PM »
Got my shipping notice today on the restock of this.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 11:49 AM »
Received my figure this morning from the backorder I placed back in March.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 12:41 PM »
Gamestop must hate me.  No news on my Battle Droid and my Revan (ordered on 3/23) still hasn't arrived.   >:(  My Battle Droid says it shipped, but Post Office still has yet to receive it.  ARGH!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 01:46 PM »
>:(  My Battle Droid says it shipped, but Post Office still has yet to receive it.  ARGH!

Mine is the same way.  It "shipped" on Friday, but has yet to make it in to the USPS system four days later... 

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 01:54 PM »
Mine just arrived within the past hour.  It’s nice to have it in hand now. 

I actually started working on my shelf for Black Series figures within the past few days.  I got all of the PT and Clone Wars figures lined up according to their place in the SW timeline.  I’m thinking the Heavy Battle Droid will go in the Clone Wars section. 

It was good to see the promo images for the GameStop exclusive Shadow Stormtrooper show up.  I guess the preorders are going to start pretty soon. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 02:33 PM »
Is anyone else having trouble with Gamestop orders?  I ordered Revan and HBD in separate orders on 3/23.  Got a confirmation code and shipping notice for both orders.  But when I go to check the tracking Gamestop shows them both as shipped.  However, USPS tracking in both cases shows they are still waiting for the packages from Gamestop.  The Revan has had this status for well over a week now.  I'm almost a month out from the original order! 

I've tried emailing Gamestop, but no response.  Tried calling a few times as well, but gave up after 30 minutes of waiting.   >:(
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 06:44 PM »
Following up on this.  I checked out Gamestop's Facebook page and it is littered with complaints about not being able to get through to customer service/no response to emails/missing orders, etc.  Those of you that got your orders should feel pretty lucky.  I called a few times over the last week, but was determined to reach someone today.  At 3 hours and 5 minutes ( I kid you not, took a screen cap of the call) someone finally answered, who was for sure English as a second language.  Had to repeat myself several times, but she confirmed the Revan I ordered on 3/23 had shipped.

I continued to press as it has said "shipped" for 10 days now with no status update from USPS (says they are waiting for the package).  She put me back on hold to call shipping, then said the package was still in the warehouse.  Revan is down to $20 now anyway, so I cancelled the order and placed a new one.  They were not willing to do a price adjustment and I'm not really sure they knew where the package was.  She said my Heavy Battle Droid order was about to ship and they added free expedited shipping to that for what's its worth.  We'll see if that one goes any better.  What a colossal fail.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 02:29 PM »
What a nightmare. I ordered both the Revan and the HBD at the same time in the same order. Gamestop shipped me the Revan a few days later, but the Battle Droid took a month for whatever reason. The Droid showed up at the same time with another FedEx package so I assume mine wasn't actually sent USPS like Gamestop says.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2020, 03:40 PM »
My shipping information just got updated.  It doesn't show any tracking other than it was just received at my local post office.  Maybe they're using some other third party shipping method (FedEx) that is getting the package to the local post office without sharing the tracking information.

Hopefully it arrives tomorrow. 

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 05:11 PM »
Surprise, surprise.  My Battle Droid showed up in my mailbox today after data less tracking.

It looks like this was transported via UPS Mail Innovations from GameStop to my local post office. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2020, 08:18 PM »
Surprise, surprise.  My Battle Droid showed up in my mailbox today after data less tracking.

It looks like this was transported via UPS Mail Innovations from GameStop to my local post office.

Got mine early today as well.  No email that it was on its way or confirmation of delivery, but very happy to finally get an order from them!