Author Topic: Pay Pal Problem  (Read 1422 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Pay Pal Problem
« on: October 8, 2005, 02:01 AM »
I'm having a Pay Pal issue here...

I sent payment to someone for some stuff they sent me and payment cleared, however the person I sent it to cannot "claim" payment because it says that it is requiring that they buy postage.

I already got the package, it's a done deal, so what's this all about?  Any help would be appreciated for whom I'm trying to pay up here.

Thanks for all you Pay Pal experts!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
Re: Pay Pal Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 8, 2005, 02:04 AM »
No advice, other than that makes absolutely no sense. The best thing to do would be for you to either cancel the payment, reclaim it, have them cancel the payment, reclaim it, then just re-send it as quasi-cash, with no specified amount for shipping.

If there wasn't an actual invoice, shipping and handling isn't segregated from the total cost on an invoice.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: October 8, 2005, 04:06 AM »
No idea.  I'm with Cory - that makes no sense whatsoever...  I'd drop Paypal customer service a line real quick and tell them they're all screwed up over there and need to give the guy his money ASAP!

Is this the first time you've ever used Paypal Jesse?  I'm guessing it might be, since I don't recall you ever having an account with them before...

Anyway, good luck to you guys.  Sure as **** beats me.  ???

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: October 8, 2005, 04:39 PM »
I've been using PP a little bit lately to pay off people fast and save me pissing with checks.  I've used it with Scott and Jeff, etc...

I'm thinking mailing PayPal may be the only solution to get it straightened out as it sounds like a flub on their part.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 8, 2005, 08:01 PM »
I have no idea on this ethier, best to get a hold of Paypal. When you log into Paypal, go to the bottom of the screen and click "Contact Us". You can ask a question there like that will work  ::) or contact them by e-mail, that may take sometime or via help by phone which maybe your best bet and hopefully someone at there Customer Service Center can help you.  :-\

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 8, 2005, 09:59 PM »
Call them:

------------------

Customer Service Center

PayPal Customer Service Agents are available to help you during the following times:

6:00 AM CDT to 12:00 AM CDT Monday through Friday
8:00 AM CDT to 10:00 PM CDT on Saturday and Sunday

Call us toll-free at: 1-888-221-1161

We may only discuss an account with the account-holder. Please have the following information available when you call:

Your telephone number
Your email address
The last 4 digits of your credit card or bank account registered with PayPal

For security reasons, we must verify the above details before discussing any account-specific information.

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 03:20 AM »
.. or via help by phone which maybe your best bet and hopefully someone at there Customer Service Center can help you.  :-\

The irony in that is that, in my experiences, getting someone on the phone is harder than via e-mail. You'd think me, having been a PayPal customer since January of 2001 would get top billing. But nooooo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 05:42 PM »
Problem solved, miscommunication.