Author Topic: Walmart TVC "Original 96" Exclusives  (Read 19602 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Walmart TVC "Original 96" Exclusives
« on: January 31, 2021, 11:33 PM »
Starting up a separate thread for these so that we have a place to bitch incessantly once Walmart ***** up the pre-orders and sales discuss these exclusive figures.   :-X

Here are my notes from watching the live-stream just now.

AT-ST Driver - repack of old sculpt with photo-real deco

Paploo - repaint (new deco) with new hood, new staff, new dagger

Endor Leia - new headsculpt with photoreal deco, new helmet w/new weather deco, new soft goods
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 11:35 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart TVC "Original 96" Exclusives
« Reply #1 on: February 1, 2021, 05:48 AM »
Starting up a separate thread for these so that we have a place to bitch incessantly once Walmart ***** up the pre-orders and sales discuss these exclusive figures.   :-X

Paploo - repaint (new deco) with new hood, new staff, new dagger

Someone surmised that Paploo is actually a repaint of the TVC Lumat.  And with Romba on the card, in keeping with Kenner's screwup from 1983.  SMH....
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 1, 2021, 12:27 PM »
Are they really going to do remakes of all the originals?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 5, 2021, 11:19 AM »
Are they really going to do remakes of all the originals?

Original TVC or original vintage?
Macklunkey!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 7, 2021, 11:19 AM »
Do we know when the preorders for these are going to start?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 7, 2021, 11:56 AM »

And then the cancellations?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 7, 2021, 01:23 PM »

Right?!
I'm just dumbfounded that WalMart exclusives are still a thing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 7, 2021, 01:38 PM »

Right?!
I'm just dumbfounded that WalMart exclusives are still a thing.

It's all about money.

Money for Hasbro in maintaining a good relationship with the world's biggest retailer.

Money for Walmart because exclusives are designed to drive internet traffic to their website and foot traffic into their brick and mortar stores.  Because odds are that if you step into a store you are far more likely to spend money on something else while looking for exclusives.

Nevermind the fact that almost every Hasbro Star Wars exclusive at Walmart has been a complete train wreck.  But I digress...
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 8, 2021, 10:42 PM »
VC190 Paploo
VC191 Princess Leia (Endor)
VC192 AT-ST Driver

Like many of you, I agree that Walmart getting these as exclusives is just mind-boggling.

As much of a pain & a chore the Walmart exclusives have been - this past week has brought the ability to order figures that had long been unavailable/sold out. I was able to order (and I received today) the Black Series Mandalorian Super Commando and Mandalorian Loyalist - this time shipped in a box so that the items arrived in a non-crushed state.

And starting Wednesday according to tracking, my remaining eight Incinerator Troopers that I had originally pre-ordered, had cancelled and then ordered over the weekend when it went back up should start arriving.

What boggles my mind is the fact that (a) Walmart canceled everyone's orders in the first place; and (b) is SO inept when it comes to their own inventory, that they had ZERO idea that more stock was coming since they mailed out notices saying that they were absolutely, positively "never" getting any more.

I understand that Star Wars toys are just a grain of sand in a desert of WalMart merchandise, but with computer tracking these days, it should be something that a single nation-wide toy merchandise manager *should* be able to manage.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #9 on: February 9, 2021, 10:25 AM »
The Incinerator Trooper is still showing in stock on Walmart's website.  I wonder if they now have such a huge supply of these things that they can' unload them all.

I honestly hope that will be the case with the next three exclusives.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 9, 2021, 10:54 AM »
That's crazy given how it was before... my best guess is that they thought they were among the 2000 containers that were lost at sea and started canceling orders... then it turned out they were still on the deck of the ship, but it took forever to find them and get them unloaded because it looked like this:

https://gcaptain.com/one-apus-arrives-in-kobe-revealing-cargo-loss-of-epic-proportions/
« Last Edit: February 9, 2021, 10:56 AM by Rob »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 9, 2021, 11:07 AM »
It just seems odd that they sent the never getting anymore email, sent gift cards, and then just a week later put it back online and fulfilled orders.  It seems to be a total communications cluster.

These containers had to be in the US within the past couple of weeks, within the window of sending these emails.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 9, 2021, 11:16 AM »
It just seems odd that they sent the never getting anymore email, sent gift cards, and then just a week later put it back online and fulfilled orders.  It seems to be a total communications cluster.

These containers had to be in the US within the past couple of weeks, within the window of sending these emails.

It's like they could not order more from Hasbro because all the molds were destroyed or something!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 9, 2021, 06:19 PM »

It's like they could not order more from Hasbro because all the molds were destroyed or something!

It is EXTREMELY odd re: the timing of the emails saying "we will never get anymore" suddenly becoming "oh hey, remember that product we said we'd absolutely NEVER get any more of? we have it, in stock, and uh, can you please buy some?"

It's 6:18PM on Feb 9th and the figure is STILL in stock and available for purchase now.

The one thing I hope more than anything else right now is that there will be MANY, MANY, MANY scalpers out there who have double-digits of these things - that they acquired for a few dollars over retail and were hoping to turn in to a $40 sale, they now CHOKE on them.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 9, 2021, 06:35 PM »
I'm happy that scalpers are choking on these.  If it's one thing I've learned in the 40+ years of being in this hobby is that patience pays off.

I'm hoping that with these next exclusives coming up that Walmart has learned from this recent tomfoolery and can un-**** how they handle exclusives.
This is the way.

I have spoken.