Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 410482 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #960 on: May 18, 2010, 12:12 PM »
Finally snagged the branding iron and support hook for the Jabba's Dungeon playset. (They were missing from the one I bought on eBay a few months back) Pricey replacement, but a relief to have this out of the way.

I think I've learned my lesson about buying incomplete playsets, ultimately not worth the headaches.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 27, 2010, 09:49 PM »
Ahhhh yesss, finally picked up the "other" Jabba's Dungeon playset (the tan one) for a very reasonable price on eBay, with the original box to boot. VERY psyched about this one, has proven to be kind of elusive for some reason.

Only 3 more playsets to go...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #962 on: May 31, 2010, 01:12 PM »
Nice, what are the last 3
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 31, 2010, 10:01 PM »
Nice, what are the last 3

Cloud City
Sears Cantina Adventure
Death Star

I had the last 2 back in the day, but only a few remnants of the Death Star remain. I never had the Bespin playset though, so I'm looking forward to scoring that one.

I'm also kicking around the idea of picking up the Palitoy variants at some point. I really like the chipboard Death Star playset they put out.  :)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 4, 2010, 07:37 PM »
I found this amazing Canadian Klatuu on ebay for $35 shipped from the UK:

I've bought more vintage carded figures in the last few months than the rest of my collecting years combined (a whopping 9 figures now ;)).  I've been getting quite excited about Hasbro's upcoming Vintage Collection that'll be released in August, but then I thought, "if I like the vintage style so much, why don't I just collect the 'real' vintage figures?"  We'll see how far I wander down this path...

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #965 on: June 5, 2010, 10:25 AM »
Very nice.  It's surprising actually what you can find.  I've never been much into carded, but I've getting some (only Jawas) and I think it's natural once you've finished your loose collection.  Plus, some of it can be found for very cheap.  I got a US Klattu carded for like $13 a while back.

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #966 on: June 14, 2010, 02:25 AM »
Picked up a Tatooine carded Fett and a another Ewok catapult.waiting on a  DROIDS Thall Joben.
He's no good to me open

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 17, 2010, 09:32 AM »
At long last, I scored my Yak Face yesterday.  ;D

He doesn't come with his weapon, but I know I can pick that up separately on the cheap.

He doesn't come with the POTF coin, but I figured I'd have to track that down separately anyway. (NOT on the cheap)

What I DID get was an excellent figure with a crisp paint job, minimal wear, tight limbs, and for a very affordable $75 including shipping. And that's from a UK seller to boot.

I feel pretty good about this one. Next up: Blue Snags

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 24, 2010, 12:27 PM »
Congrats!!^^

That's the only figure I have left to complete my loose set.  However, I haven't even searched for stuff or been interested in looking for anything lately.  I'm actually considering selling most/all of my MOC Han focus.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 24, 2010, 02:28 PM »
Well if the carded 12-back prices are any guide right now it is definitely the right time to sell off carded stuff.  I was watching an auction for a 12 back Obi today that ended way, way above where I expected because the bubble was really crushed on all four sides.  It would have displayed ok because the front of the bubble was clear so you could see the figure, but I had a definite price in mind that was basically tripled in the final price :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: June 27, 2010, 09:58 PM »
Tough going trying to close out my vintage collection...I'm losing more auctions than I'm winning lately. I did persevere earlier tonight and come out on top in an auction for the vintage Sand Skimmer. VERY psyched about this one. They seem to be becoming somewhat elusive the past few months, fewer and fewer non-carded in circulation it seems. Pretty minty loose version I snagged, for a decent price as well. This just leaves the Imperial Sniper as the lone mini-rig on my list of remaining items to score.  :D

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 11, 2010, 07:15 PM »
I just picked up an Eletronic Laser Battle game. I've always wanted this as a kid.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline morrison2951

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 12, 2010, 02:44 PM »
Long time lurker here.   Completed a "block buster" boxed vintage trade for me:  

Traded 14 carded vintage figures in rather poor to average condition ( 6 POTF, 8 ROTJ) ranging from C2-6 with open bubbles, cracked bubbles, yellow bubbles, dark bubbles, creased cards, etc plus a loose C-5 blue snaggle.  

I received a C8+ unsealed boxed vintage 12" Han complete with blaster and medal, and never removed from backer card, with box flap not folded, and likewise similar condition boxed beautiful white with no yellowing electronic working R2-D2 with box flap folded.  

Admittedly, my MOC OCD got the best of me on this one and while my poor-average condition 3" vintage carded collection took a huge hit, my 12" C8+ vintage boxed collection doubled!  lol   To me, in all areas of my carded collection, vintage and modern, condition matters, so these beaten vintage carded figures were just biding time waiting for me to pull the trigger on this trade!  Sorry, no camera and no pics.            
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 04:04 PM by morrison2951 »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 13, 2010, 09:35 AM »
Nice scores, dude. Carded collecting would put me in the poor house, for sure.

I was able to scratch another item off my ever-shrinking list...the Sears exclusive Cantina adventure set. Finding one of these in decent shape with ALL the foot pegs for less than $50 is not so easy, but my patience was finally rewarded.  ;D

My original plan was to finish off my vintage collection prior to the Fall relaunch, but that is not happening short of hitting the lottery. I'll be VERY close though. I think the new goal is my birthday in November. I'll officially be middle aged. :(

Offline morrison2951

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 13, 2010, 09:55 AM »
Thanks McMetal!  I really thought long and hard on that one as the POTF vintage carded figures that I traded included Amanaman and Luke Stormie, albeit, the bubbles were open, so essentially I priced them as loose, complete figures in the trade value total of all figures about $500.  Someday, maybe, I'll replace them in much better carded condition.   

But the 12" Han vintage in such a nice box, without the flap having ever been folded, was just too nice for me to pass up- I've never actually seen a 12" vintage box without the flap folded as I'm told the store employees actually folded most of them on the shelves.  I consider the electronic R2 as gravy given the box and figure condition value of the original trilogy's best actor!