Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 336268 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #285 on: May 28, 2006, 09:49 PM »
I saw X3 last night and really enjoyed it.  I think they left it open enough to do more, especially showing that last scene with Magneto leaves it open for them to bring all the mutants back...with the obvious exception of those that were "killed".

I did like the part where the Juggarnaut says, "I'm the juggernaut bitch!"
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 29, 2006, 12:48 AM »
One more complaint, though the movie was awesome...

Brad's right about "Bitch"...the two times it was used seemed superfluous and forced, but coming from South Orange County, I'm used to people throwing around "bitch" and "******" like they were completely acceptable, socially. Plus, there was this kid about 9 years old with his dad 4 seats down from me and it was just a tad bit uncomfortable because the usage was so blatant, not like Wolverine's "holy ****" in X2.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 29, 2006, 02:17 PM »
Not sure of all the mutant names (not a comic book fan) but I loved it when Wolverine kept cutting that guys arms off and they just kept growing back.  Then he kicked him in the nuts and told him to grow them back  ;D  Funny stuff.

Also liked it when "walk through wall" girl called Juggernaught a dickhead - got a lot of laughs from the audience.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 29, 2006, 02:47 PM »
Just came back from seeing X3. Much better than the first two IMO. Sat around for the extra scene at the end, but it wasn't anything special.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 29, 2006, 05:32 PM »
Just came back from seeing X3. Much better than the first two IMO. Sat around for the extra scene at the end, but it wasn't anything special.

Are you kidding? ::)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 29, 2006, 05:44 PM »

Why?

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #291 on: May 29, 2006, 05:52 PM »
I thought it was quite funny when Juggernaut said "bitch" reminded me of this
right here me and my friend got a laugh outta that

IM the Juggernaut BITCH

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 29, 2006, 07:35 PM »
$120.1 million in 4 days & sets a new record as the biggest Memorial Day holiday opener ever & the biggest debut so far this year.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 29, 2006, 11:16 PM »

Why?

Well,

SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
If you were paying attention when X was warning the children about the limitations on mutants, in the Post-Credits scene you'd realize that X had done exactly that---replaced his mind into that of the patient's. For a lot of people, hearing Patrick Stewart again was wonderful, since the loss of Professor X earlier in the movie sucked---a lot.

:-*

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 30, 2006, 10:38 AM »
We caught this on Saturday, and I really enjoyed it too.  It did seem like it could have been a little longer movie, but other than that, no complaints.  It was more of an "action" movie, and a little lighter on the character development than the previous installments, but I went in expecting that.  Still, I did really enjoy it.  It was nice seeing characters like Iceman and Colossus do a little more in the "action" scenes, and also to see some other mutants like Kitty Pryde, Beast, and Angel get introduced.  Also, appearances by Juggernaut and Multiple Man were pretty neat too.  I was happy to see it do so well this weekend, and I really hope we see further X-Men movies in the not too distant future.  From what I've been reading, it sounds like Avi Arad is saying they are sticking to the spinoffs first (Wolverine and Magneto in particular were mentioned), but I hope the X-Men movies don't get put on the back burner for 5-10 years, when all of the current cast is either too old or disinterested in continuing.  It was a nice capper to the trilogy though, but there's definitely more stories to tell.  I thought it was well worth sitting through the credits to see that extra scene.

Also - I'm not sure if everyone's theatre had this, but there was an all new trailer for Superman shown before the movie (the one mentioned earlier in this thread), and it really looks like this movie is shaping up nicely.  Hopefully the Man of Steel has a nice return to the big screen, I'm looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 10:42 AM by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 30, 2006, 10:41 AM »
Also, if anyone is interested, SuperHeroHype has a number of articles/links with pictures of some of the Spider-Man 3 filming that is taking place in New York right now.  Beware of spoilers, strictly from the standpoint of what characters might be in the movie, but actors such as Tobey Maguire, Topher Grace, Bryce Dallas Howard, and James Cromwell are included.  I'm already looking forward to this movie. :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 10:41 AM by Brian »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 31, 2006, 11:46 PM »
The Superman Hompage is reporting that Superman Returns is listed as having a running time of 155 minutes (2 hours 35 mins).

Also noted on the front page:

SoundtrackNet  has an indepth article about the "Superman Returns" score, reviewing the entire album, track by track, allowing you to listen to snippets from every track!

Windows users: you might have an issue with the Quicktime Plugin. Be sure to upgrade, and if necessary, "reload" the popup window (Ctrl-R).

On that note, the Main Titles theme...  8)

The CD release comes with a four-minute video consisting of a one-minute interview with Bryan Singer, in which he discusses his working relationship with John Ottman and the reason why John Williams' original themes were integrated into the score, and a three-minute look at the scoring session as the "Main Titles" are performed by the orchestra. I believe it is safe to say that John Ottman will make us believe a man can fly again June 28.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 1, 2006, 06:34 PM »
4 Villains in Spider-Man 3!

*head explodes*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 1, 2006, 09:27 PM »
I would love to see something like...maybe all the villains fight since they all have a similar target: Spiderman. They figure that they can't all 4 try to dominate the world and destroy this kid without interferign with each other, so they have to all battle it out to see who is the best. Then, Venom wins. All the other villains die. Then what happens after that? Who knows...
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 1, 2006, 09:56 PM »
so they have to all battle it out to see who is the best. Then, Venom wins. All the other villains die. Then what happens after that? Who knows...

That's lame. I'm a huge Venom fan, but no.

Just...stop.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...