Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (HBO)  (Read 251745 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: A Game of Thrones (HBO)
« Reply #540 on: June 8, 2015, 10:13 AM »
Yeah, I was waiting for Drogon.  That was pretty good, but I too wished he would have ripped up a few more Harpies before taking off with Dany. 

The look on Tyrion's face during all of that was just great.  Peter Dinklage really captured the "WTF just happened" moment nicely.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 8, 2015, 11:09 AM »
Drogon was simply fantastic.  Seeing him swoop in over that arena was very impressive, and those Sons of the Harpy did not stand a chance against his fangs or his dragonfire.  Still, I was very surprised to see him get hit with as many spears as he did.

The scenes with Shireen Baratheon were really rough.  I knew there was the potential for this to happen given some foreshadowing over the past couple of weeks, as well as how the Mance Rayder storyline has been handled.  But Stannis?  Just when he had been endearing himself to the audience the showrunners throw this at you and you know that he could never truly rule the Seven Kingdoms. 

The storyline in Braavos is shaping up rather quickly.  Seeing how Arya's prayer list has been whittled down somewhat it seems pretty clear who she's going for next.

And at the Wall?  I think there's been a MASSIVE amount of foreshadowing there.  And I think that Olly may play a major part in what we see at the end of next week's episode.

Honestly, I didn't think it would be possible for the show to condense the events of A Feast For Crows and A Dance with Dragons into a single season.  But now that the show is on a roll I certainly see the potential for this season to wrap up the same way that book 5 does.  And if that's indeed the case we're likely going to be in completely uncharted territory for Season 6 of the HBO series.

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 12, 2015, 11:21 PM »

I want to kick Cersie in the vagina.

Jesse - that's not very gentlemanly of you! 

What ever happened to "Ladies first"?  You may kick away one I am finished punching her in the vajayjay  ;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #543 on: June 13, 2015, 03:28 PM »
Leave some of it for me to kick, is all I ask.

I thought saying "vagina" was sort of gentlemanly. :x
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #544 on: June 14, 2015, 04:50 PM »
I can't wait to hear reaction if they end Season 5 like Martin ended ADWD...and we'll all be sitting here waiting for Book 6 or Season 6 whatever comes first (money's on Season 6)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 14, 2015, 07:07 PM »
They have changed so much from the books already, maybe try NOT pissing the fans off and do something different from what everyone is expecting. Yeah, unlikely to happen, this dude loves to piss off his fans.

I just want to see a dead Bolton and a dead Trant by the end of the night.

And maybe find some screen time for Brienne before she is forevermore known as Capt Phasma.

A sweer Vaderesque redemption moment for Theon would be ok too, but I'm not holding my breath.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 14, 2015, 07:54 PM »
I think it's a serious possibility that season 5 will end in a similar fashion to book 5.  OMG, Twitter will be CRAZY tonight if it does.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 10:36 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #547 on: June 14, 2015, 08:58 PM »
I'm certain it's going to wrap up at the same point that book 5/6 ends up.  Same last scene with Cersi.  Same last scene with Jon.  Same last scene with Daenerys.  I also expect something similar with Theon.  With Ayra, I expect it'll be pretty far off from the books.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 14, 2015, 10:40 PM »
Sure enough, social media is going crazy.  I wonder if we're going to see reaction videos of people freaking out like we saw after the Red Wedding?

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #549 on: June 14, 2015, 10:56 PM »
I'm certain it's going to wrap up at the same point that book 5/6 ends up.  Same last scene with Cersi.  Same last scene with Jon.  Same last scene with Daenerys.  I also expect something similar with Theon.  With Ayra, I expect it'll be pretty far off from the books.

Nailed it.  Only thing that was way different was Stannis.  I guess I know what to look forward to in book 6.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 14, 2015, 11:09 PM »
I wasn't quite expecting the scene with Theon.  Especially since there was that chapter from book 6 released by GRRM that featured both Theon and Stannis.

They definitely built towards the scenes with Cersei, Dany and Jon Snow.  Seeing Ser Robert Strong realized was pretty surreal.  With Dany, my head was spinning with just how many Dothraki appeared.  Plus it appears that Drogon isn't quite all-powerful at this point in time.  As for Jon Snow?  That's been telegraphed for a while.  Especially his interactions with Olly.  There was a lot of foreshadowing that led to Jon's final scene.  The one thing that threw me there was in the teaser portion, with the Benjen Stark bit.

As for how things move forward?  I suspect that the reason why we never saw Lady Stoneheart in the show may have been a strategic decision.  Sure, we saw Beric Dondarion brought back to life by Thoros of Myr in the show.  But if we saw Lady Stoneheart realized, then the audience might come to think that this is something that's common in Westeros.  And when something BIG comes up like we saw tonight, there might be an expectation among the audience that "Don't worry, they'll do the same thing that they did with Stoneheart".  But alas, Melisandre returned to Castle Black before it all happened.  As for those vows?  They're only in place until death, right?

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #551 on: June 14, 2015, 11:26 PM »
I hope that Winds comes out before next year...didn't like them killing Stannis this season at all...could have drug that out

Also surprised absolutely no Bran or Rickon this year at all...they were a bit part in the Theon redemption plot (Weirwoods)

Loved the last scene...RIP Lord Commander

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 15, 2015, 08:25 AM »
I hope that Winds comes out before next year...didn't like them killing Stannis this season at all...could have drug that out

I don't think he's dead, no way they kill a major character off screen.  My guess is we'll hear how Brienne swung and missed on purpose in a moment of clarity. 

Similarly, the Hound, Theon / Sansa and maybe Myrcella are likely alive, as those "deaths" weren't really confirmed.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #553 on: June 15, 2015, 11:02 AM »
Had a pretty lively debate about the show last night.  So many people are convinced that Jon is DEAD, dead.  Surprising to me.

I guess, as a book reader, I've seen so many "dead" people come back to life in this series (like Nick pointed out) that I figured Jon had the "Red Lady / Lord of Light / Azor Ahai" card to play. 

Reading some of the post-airing coverage of the show, Kit Harrington and the show-runners are sure selling "he's DEAD dead".  What else are they supposed to do to not ruin the surprise I guess?

I was thinking last night though... what if Jon really is DEAD, dead?  I can't imagine how pissed I'm going to be if he's really dead and all the R+L=J stuff was a giant waste of time.  All the "Promise me, Ned" stuff goes unresolved.  Ugh.  It annoys me just thinking about it.  All those wasted "who are jon's parents" hints.  >:(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #554 on: June 15, 2015, 11:15 AM »
It would seem to defy convention.  I mean, if he is dead-dead, then Westeros is doomed.  All the machinations in King's Landing would be irrelevant.  It'll end up being a war across the narrow sea.  Zombies on the left, dragons on the right.

That is unless Bran somehow creates a defense.