Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (HBO)  (Read 250081 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Thrones (HBO)
« Reply #525 on: May 18, 2015, 10:43 PM »
Actually it's Queen Apalaina from ROTS.  Queen Jamilla was in AOTC. That Queen job on Naboo sure has a hell of a lot of turnover. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:18 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #526 on: May 22, 2015, 09:20 AM »
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 24, 2015, 11:08 PM »
Loved that Cold Play Bit... There is an extended version of Peter Dinklages's song that they previewed before the red nose event.

I enjoyed tonight's episode... It's sort of refreshing to have so many divergent stories from the book now. Keeps me guessing as opposed to trying to remember if that's what happened.  Big fan of the Sand Snakes now  ;)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 1, 2015, 09:58 AM »
YES!  We finally know the real deal with Valyrian steel!!!!!!!!!

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 1, 2015, 10:19 AM »
I realize there are a lot of things people like about this show...the character development, the plot twists, the deft use of nuance and misdirection, but for me it just doesn't get any better than the last 20 minutes of last night's episode.

Giants fighting zombies?!? Please and thank you!

That was frigging excellent. John and the Thenn fighting side by side, white walkers with armor, army of the undead, Valyrian steel FTW...just great stuff all around. That was way more intense than a WD style walker attack...those things could really move!

The only other thing I even remember from the episode was Tyrion and Daenerys' chat, which was also all kinds of awesome but for different reasons.

Oh, and Arya got a stylin' new haircut.  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 1, 2015, 12:29 PM »
Best episode of the season by a mile.  I enjoyed the scenes with all the major players, especially Tyrion/Dany/Jorah , Sansa/Theon, Cersei, and the whole Hardhome Scene at the end.    Really great stuff this week.  Sort of like books 4 and 5... plodding along all season until we get all the juicy bits at the end.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2015, 12:29 PM by BrentS »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 1, 2015, 12:45 PM »
So was that giant Wun Wun?  You had to love the line he said to Dolorous Ed!  And those were definitely some of the fastest zombies I've seen since Zach Snyder's Dawn of the Dead.  Is it me, or does the Night's King look like an icy Darth Maul?

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #532 on: June 1, 2015, 12:49 PM »
I actually gasped when the sword struck home.  Most awesome moment of the season.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 1, 2015, 01:51 PM »
So was that giant Wun Wun?  You had to love the line he said to Dolorous Ed!  And those were definitely some of the fastest zombies I've seen since Zach Snyder's Dawn of the Dead.  Is it me, or does the Night's King look like an icy Darth Maul?

I think it is Wun Wun...  I thought I heard Tourmand call him that as they were running out at the end.

Until this episode, I never thought about the White Walkers having a "consciousness" and just sort of thought of them as zombie-like killing machines.   And yea... definitely had a Darth Maul vibe.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2015, 04:31 PM by BrentS »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 1, 2015, 02:08 PM »
The Wights (aka Army of the Dead) seem very much like they're mindless and under the control of the While Walkers.  But I get the sense that the White Walkers are very much aware and in control of what they're doing.

Feedback

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 1, 2015, 04:18 PM »
The Wights (aka Army of the Dead) seem very much like they're mindless and under the control of the While Walkers.  But I get the sense that the White Walkers are very much aware and in control of what they're doing.

I agree... I didn't pick that up that distinction until last night's episode.  Makes the White Walkers even more intriguing to me now.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 2, 2015, 08:22 AM »
Was just reading last night about how the band Mastodon were cast as Wildling extras in Sunday's episode. Saw a cool shot of them posing with John and Ed. Just another reason to love this show!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #537 on: June 5, 2015, 12:38 PM »
Was just reading last night about how the band Mastodon were cast as Wildling extras in Sunday's episode. Saw a cool shot of them posing with John and Ed. Just another reason to love this show!

Yeah that was pretty cool. Amazing episode.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 8, 2015, 09:15 AM »
#$%^&* Stannis! "For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul?"

Not a great episode for kids, that's for sure.

Between barbecuing Shireen and Meryn Trant getting his freak on with that poor tween, the gross-out factor was running pretty high. Blecchh.

I would just as soon not see any more stuff happen with kids this season. I'm looking at you, Ollie.

I see now why Brienne had so much time to film the new Star Wars this season. Hope she gets some more screen time in the finale.

The stuff in Mereen was pretty interesting. Why did the Sons of the Harpy stab her fiance though? I thought the clear implication was that he was their leader? (Hence the late arrival) And what's up with Jorah touching Dany? Is she going to get greyscale now too? Or is she immune somehow?

Drogon going off at the end kicked ass, but I was actually hoping for even more carnage. Was surprised that those spears would penetrate his scaly armor like that. He would really come in handy fighting the Army of the Undead up north though.

Happy endings for all next week!

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #539 on: June 8, 2015, 09:35 AM »
I think greyscale is only contagious if you touch the infected skin.

As far as the fiance goes, Daario suspected he was in league with the Harpies, but that was never confirmed.  I guess he was wrong.

It's looking like it'll be a pretty spectacular finale.  I have a strong suspicion what's gonna happen with Arya next week - even though it's quite different from the books.  Everything else should be awesome.  Then it'll be the worst cliffhanger in the history of everything, because I won't know what happens next!